B4 The Bell, Frieday, March 5

Hoo Boy- CNN is running a story about the RNC sending letters to TV stations warning them they will be sued if they run anti-Bush ads paid for by the group moveon.org. Now I don't like politicians in general but Bushie is scary, spiteful and seems to be bothered by the concept of "free speech". ;)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems shrub has even less regard for the Constitution than old Tricky Dicky. I sense a growing unease amongst the sheeple. The backlash against the 9/11 ads really stunned the admin's political flacks. They're fully engaged in damage control now. I just get the sense that they are completely out of touch.

Hoo Boy- CNN is running a story about the RNC sending letters to TV stations warning them they will be sued if they run anti-Bush ads paid for by the group moveon.org.  Now I don't like politicians in general but Bushie is scary, spiteful and seems to be bothered by the concept of "free speech".  ;)

Soros is loving this...Bush is hanging himself...and now these ads will run hundreds of times for free as part of the news story covering the dispute. Hilarious!

Guest Icky Twerp

B$ -

Thanks for making a home for us here... :rolleyes: ... since I became (taking full responsibility for my own emotions and actions) "unwelcome" at the rest of Stoolville. I am busy, now, as I will explain, and I don't trade (tho' as I have said, "I like to watch"), so I can't post as often as I'd like, but this is where I want to be as the good ship USS Dow Jones goes under. :grin:

I will observe that "the turn" is the most profound observation, applicable to every human activity, IMVHO... I mean of course, your daily calls, but also, the pivot in a golfswing and the mental synapse that makes a poem. Whatever anything is, "the turn" is what makes it what it is, and those who "see" the turn are the sages ... "clever" people can see what is, but the profound see what is AND the turn -- no one can see what-will-be after the turn, and I don't expect that, even from the Good Doktor. ;)

I got laid off at the end of january :o , but miraculously landed a job in another state within in a week :lol: , due to fortuitous networking. So I am travelling and working at a job that leaves me limp at the end of the long-working-day (desk-job). :( My observation of this process has not made me more optimistic, but rather less. I'm in Scottsdale Az, which reminds me of Wndy's descriptions of SoCal. No one there has the foggiest clue as to what we think here. With my miracle-job, and the unfettered consumerism I witness there everyday, I have to question my bear-orientation, but macro-wise things seem to be deteriorating, still, que-no? :unsure:

So I'll sell my house in Texas, if I can, and move to Az, debt-free, and ride the whirlwind as long as it lasts -- how long will it be? I have discovered an unattractive side of my personality that is going to enjoy watching it all unfold. ;)

The good news is that I'll get my hands on some 401k that have been in cash for 3 years, with no sensible outlet for them. I was thinking NZ CDs at Everbank and some more physical, but geez my PCRDX has been righteous the last two month :lol:

Highest possible regards to B$ & TE,

and Plunger & MH & Captains Log & Pee Brain & Soup & Yobob! & HT

May the AntiMatrix bless all Stoolies,

and protect those Mad Lads scalping long-shots

B$ -

Thanks for making a home for us here... :rolleyes: ... since I became (taking full responsibility for my own emotions and actions) "unwelcome" at the rest of Stoolville. I am busy, now, as I will explain, and I don't trade (tho' as I have said, "I like to watch"), so I can't post as often as I'd like, but this is where I want to be as the good ship USS Dow Jones goes under. :grin:

I will observe that "the turn" is the most profound observation, applicable to every human activity, IMVHO... I mean of course, your daily calls, but also, the pivot in a golfswing and the mental synapse that makes a poem. Whatever anything is, "the turn" is what makes it what it is, and those who "see" the turn are the sages ... "clever" people can see what is, but the profound see what is AND the turn -- no one can see what-will-be after the turn, and I don't expect that, even from the Good Doktor. ;)

I got laid off at the end of january :o , but miraculously landed a job in another state within in a week :lol: , due to fortuitous networking. So I am travelling and working at a job that leaves me limp at the end of the long-working-day (desk-job). :( My observation of this process has not made me more optimistic, but rather less. I'm in Scottsdale Az, which reminds me of Wndy's descriptions of SoCal. No one there has the foggiest clue as to what we think here. With my miracle-job, and the unfettered consumerism I witness there everyday, I have to question my bear-orientation, but macro-wise things seem to be deteriorating, still, que-no? :unsure:

So I'll sell my house in Texas, if I can, and move to Az, debt-free, and ride the whirlwind as long as it lasts -- how long will it be? I have discovered an unattractive side of my personality that is going to enjoy watching it all unfold. ;)

The good news is that I'll get my hands on some 401k that have been in cash for 3 years, with no sensible outlet for them. I was thinking NZ CDs at Everbank and some more physical, but geez my PCRDX has been righteous the last two month :lol:

Highest possible regards to B$ & TE,

and Plunger & MH & Captains Log & Pee Brain & Soup & Yobob! & HT

May the AntiMatrix bless all Stoolies,

and protect those Mad Lads scalping long-shots

Hey Icky:

Pick up a copy of "How To sell Your Home In Five Days"...and do what it says to do.

It works.

Sleddy-the CNN article stated that moveon.org denies using "soft money" for the ads, if in FACT they are then sure they should be prohibited from doing so. But that is yet to be proven, hopefully a court will sort it all out. In my opinion (only my opinion) I find the "To whom it may concern letter" condescending and arrogant and reeking of "our glorious leader" rhetoric. I tend to agree with Plunger and Doc-Shrub has an "atitude" problem.

Greenspan's Con Job

by William Greider

It is not exactly that he lies, but Alan Greenspan certainly ranks among the most duplicitous figures to serve in modern American government. Using his exalted status as economic wizard, the Federal Reserve chairman regularly corrupts the political dialogue by sowing outrageously false impressions among gullible members of Congress and adoring financial reporters.

Meanwhile, there's one simple and just solution for any long-term fiscal problems Social Security might face: Eliminate the income cap of $87,000 on FICA taxes so that every highly paid worker, even Bill Gates, would pay the full freight. Since wealthy earners have benefited disproportionately from tax reduction, this would be their personal contribution to restoring fiscal order. Why doesn't someone ask the Fed chairman about that? If Democrats were more attentive to their constituencies, they would be aggressively promoting this reasonable alternative to Greenspan's sordid double talk, attacking him for duplicity and filing resolutions of impeachment. Did the Federal Reserve chairman knowingly deceive Congress and the public? What did the chairman know and when did he know it? Let the hearings begin.

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20040322&s=greider

Guest Icky Twerp

CL --

I'm one of the fortunate ones... I'll never win the lottery, I know, because I got this job, a free-pass around the board to "GO" at least a few more times before the foecal matter hits the rotating aerator. I only mention it as to why I cannot post my scintillating market analysis more often here :lol:

Sounds to me that Moveon.org is in violation of federal election laws that were voted on and approved by both parties ( including John Kerry).

Here is the full context of the letter to the TV stations.

http://www.gop.com/media/station_letter.pdf

Just had a look around GOP.com. Is this legit site ? Looks like an pseudo-site that does same thing that it accuses moveon.org of.

Their "chairman", Gillespie, looks like a superduper swell guy. The kind of caring man that I'd entrust with my future. :rolleyes: I've pulled part of one of his speaches. This surely is worthy of "order of the brown tongue" standards.

One of his speaches...

I?d like to tell you a story before I go.

When the President asked me to lead our party into the next election, he was very gracious, as he always is. Actually, this is a funny story. I was in the hallway at the RNC and my cell phone went off. When I answered it, it was Ashley Estes, the President?s personal assistant, whom I had worked with in Austin during the campaign.

She said, ?Eddie, I have the President for you.?

I said, ?Absolutely, but I?m in the hallway here in the middle of a big crowd of people. Can I just find an office to duck into first??

And Ashley said, ?Eddie, are you asking me to ask the President to hold for you?? And of course I said, ?No, that?s not what I meant.? And Ashley, said, ?Good, because that wouldn?t work.?

So I took the call while walking through the hall looking for an empty office, and the President came on and he said, ?Eddie, I appreciate you doing this. I know it?s a sacrifice for you.?

And I want to tell you what I told the President. That it is not in any way a sacrifice. It is an honor. It is an absolute honor to carry his banner and the banner of my party in one of the most important elections in our nation?s history.

And while I do it for him, and I do it for our Republican governors and our majorities in the House and the Senate, I want you to know that I am doing it first and foremost for my young children.

Because I know if I want my children to grow up in a society where we are encouraged to reach out and help the least among us, to go to schools that put the emphasis on the needs of students and parents not the entrenched education establishment, to benefit from an economy that?s growing and allows for the kind of opportunities this immigrant?s son has seen, to grow up in a country that is safe from the threat of future terrorist attacks and a world that is free from terror.

If I want those things for my three children, the most important thing I can do is help spread the positive message of President George W. Bush.

What a wag..he's about as funny as a car accident. I forsee great things for this prick sorry, I meant potential politician.

Coming back to the CNN stuff. Oh well, just another day in paradise. Expect this legal challenge to be resolved uhm, just after the election.

Archived