Snow Circuited

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior to the open tomorrow, SARS will be declared totally under control worldwide and Osama and Sadam will be found hanging side by side from the same tree. Expect them to throw everything at it in the morning. Crapvision will feature the Matrix Cheerleader Championships.

As for CALVF, I wouldn't bet against it here.

I also spotted XJT today, looks juicy for a Monday fade.

Enjoy the ride boys and girls.

As for me, tits short as of Friday...long CALVF and DROOY

Plunger

DBS- you may well be on the mark about Resona banks place in history! ?The first major Bank since the depression to be fully nationalized. ?As an old Kansei hand as I am have you enjoyed the Cote D'Azur coffe house above the cliffs of Wakayama?? ?Trade Safe!

You probably have a few decades worth of Kansai experience on me.

Regretably, the the closest I've been to Wakayama is Kansai Airport.

My experience has been more along the lines of the nearest Doutors anywhere in Kyoto, Osaka, or Kobe or the "Cafe de Clever" in JR Umeda. ;)

With all the talk about gold stocks and gold going on here, I thought I would chime in. While I don't have a real extensive background on the yellow I have been reading the gold-eagle.com forum regularly for about four years and I would recommend any who wish to invest in this area to read it for a while. Lots of very knowlegable and regular posters.

One of the things that everybody that wishes to invest in gold and silver should be well versed in is the huge, I mean huge short positions on them. I've heard its in the several trillions. Ever since the 80's several different derivitives have been created and the Fed kind of sanctioned the practice of forward selling and leasing of gold and silver in order to help keep inflation in the $ under control. It's kind of simple really they created ways to expand the gold supply so as to surpress the price.

Sounds great but the problem is it's the who's who of financial institutions that shorted it to the basement. There isn't enough gold on the planet to unwind these positions. So unless the Fed wants the biggest banking dirivitives explosion you have ever imagined don't expect gold to break much above 400-450 an ounce. The Fed has allowed gold to move up a bit because it suits there purpose right now.

It is my contention that the price of Gold and Silver are very easily controlled by the powers that be and in order for them to break out we would have to have a complete uncontrollable collapse of our financial system of huge proportions.

On the other hand if you feel that a total uncontrollable collapse of the world financial system is in the cards then gold could literally go to the moon.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying gold and gold stocks aren't a good investment or that you can't make money on them. You just have to be real careful with them. If the Fed wants gold lower tomorrow it will go down be sure of that. And if the Fed ever can't control the price make sure by that time you are in Physical Gold because paper is paper and several gold mining companies have hedged and won't profit from a rising gold price. Good trading to you.

Quicktrade

Guest AssMaster
I love the smell of dollars burning in the morning.

While gold soars and stocks tank.

Jim Cramer called the exact top in stocks again, what an obnoxious loser.

How pleasurable it will be to sit back and watch Proctologist's Gamble, Shiticorp, International Bowel Movement, Inscrewit, Scamazon and EBUT crash.

Time to buy and hold. ?Puts, that is.

Funny, Krudlow disagreed on tech and favored commodities. Also called the most recent bottom in gold.

Regarding 1934. If it takes a 40 percent devaluation of the currency to get a temporary bear market rally that year, was it worth it? Or was it just worth trading it? Be prepared.

One dry observation:

If this is yet another false start, somehow, and the indices rally tomorrow, many of us, myself primarily, are going to freak out most heinously.

Yeah. There'll definitely be a small contingent of Freak Brothers here.

Most, most heinously....

One dry observation:

If this is yet another false start, somehow, and the indices rally tomorrow, many of us, myself primarily, are going to freak out most heinously.

i'm with you on that one.

Well, at least bears have had a lot of practice for this routine lately :grin:

I'm in the mood to jettison my spys' first hing tomorrow morning. Stop 94

I love the smell of dollars burning in the morning.

While gold soars and stocks tank.

Jim Cramer called the exact top in stocks again, what an obnoxious loser.

How pleasurable it will be to sit back and watch Proctologist's Gamble, Shiticorp, International Bowel Movement, Inscrewit, Scamazon and EBUT crash.

Time to buy and hold. ?Puts, that is.

Funny, Krudlow disagreed on tech and favored commodities. Also called the most recent bottom in gold.

Regarding 1934. If it takes a 40 percent devaluation of the currency to get a temporary bear market rally that year, was it worth it? Or was it just worth trading it? Be prepared.

Yeah, Krud is a "good inflation" supply sider these days.

Sounds great but the problem is it's the who's who of financial institutions that shorted it to the basement. There isn't enough gold on the planet to unwind these positions. So unless the Fed wants the biggest banking dirivitives explosion you have ever imagined don't expect gold to break much above 400-450 an ounce. The Fed has allowed gold to move up a bit because it suits there purpose right now.

It is my contention that the price of Gold and Silver are very easily controlled by the powers that be and in order for them to break out we would have to have a complete uncontrollable collapse of our financial system of huge proportions.

On the other hand if you feel that a total uncontrollable collapse of the world financial system is in the cards then gold could literally go to the moon.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying gold and gold stocks aren't a good investment or that you can't make money on them. ?You just have to be real careful with them. If the Fed wants gold lower tomorrow it will go down be sure of that. And if the Fed ever can't control the price make sure by that time you are in Physical Gold because paper is paper and several gold mining companies have hedged and won't profit from a rising gold price. Good trading to you.

Quicktrade

Ya, and the Fed never liked that strong dollar anyway, it's all part of their plan. A three year bear market, recession, huge trade deficit, huge budget deficits, all part of their master plan. Sell all gold immediately, those fart smellers at the fed have everything under control. :P

One dry observation:

Yeah. There'll definitely be a small contingent of Freak Brothers here.

Most, most heinously....

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

The Freak Brothers were my religion, such as it was, in College.

Leave it to Jimi to unearth this gem.

Thanks for the excellent start to my day. :)

And if the markets rally today, especially after a nice sharp morning down spike followed by a grind to higher territory, I will search the web endlessly for the Carlin 7-dirty words rountine as a means to post my feelings for the day.

Archived