Snow Circuited

there is a show on TV with Drew Carey and a bunch of actors who are given a situation and then they have to improvise....similar to Crapvision where each day they bring in an expert who gives his opinion on the days various statistics....it is fun to watch these guys try to spin good news stories out of increasingly lousy numbers...keep watching cos its going to get better and better...you can almost imagine what they must say during the Ad breaks...shiiiit how can i make a silk purse out of this piece of shit sows ear...i aint no magician...Welcome back folks..Well Ned what do you make of the US$ at .77c...great news Mark...even the unemployed can afford overseas travel..... :lol:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We need a good solid down day or two to crack this bastard (BPIs, Summation, etc.).

Absolutely. This is a MUST! No more of this half-assed flop around the days lows then rally back up bullshit. We need to confirm major weakness with volume and price over next few sessions. It is absolutely critical IMO.

Just to summarize my research tonight.

1. My Indicator Oscillator at an all-time record low reading of 1.39. Nine of Eleven indicators are flat-out REDLINING!!!!

Daily PC ratio at .54 on Friday

21 Day PC ratio at .76 (non-redlined, but pretty close)

Volatility Indexes ABSOLUTELY REDLINED

5Day TRIN at .78

20Day TRIN at .99

Bullish Percents all OVERWHELMINGLY REDLINED (as per their RSI's)

Bull/Bear Surveys REDLINED

Nas Stocks over 50MA is REDLINED

60 Min TICK 20MA middle of the road, could be distribution

Bank/US Peso ratio is REDLINED

NYSE Summation is REDLINED

2. Both 10year and 30year bonds are at fibonacci targets from January 2000 highs. Either the end of the 3rd Wave is upon us, or it is the end of the 5th wave.

3. The US Peso is at MAJOR fibonacci support from 2002 highs. Either at 92.4 or 90.8 areas. Either way, this downtrend is about over.

4. The EURO is near Fib target of 118.8

Question

Does anyone know of any short bonds or short euro funds or ETFs?

DBS- you may well be on the mark about Resona banks place in history! The first major Bank since the depression to be fully nationalized. As an old Kansei hand as I am have you enjoyed the Cote D'Azur coffe house above the cliffs of Wakayama?? Trade Safe!

Does anyone know of any short bonds or short euro funds or ETFs?

scottcardiff - I've hear you can short bonds by shorting TLT - but

I've not done it so please check before jumping.

Looks like I will be putting tight stops under my longs tomorrow and

adding to my shorts. Expect ROAD to pay me again.

Also I will be adding more CALVF to my already sizeable position.

Thanks for the great chart work FeedFool et all.

scott,

Whatever the fed ment about doing whatever it can regarding protecting against deflation 9as if it could MENT seeing rates (long term) lower). Rydex has an inverse bond fund but, you may be early, in my humble opinion.

I love the smell of dollars burning in the morning.

While gold soars and stocks tank.

Jim Cramer called the exact top in stocks again, what an obnoxious loser.

How pleasurable it will be to sit back and watch Proctologist's Gamble, Shiticorp, International Bowel Movement, Inscrewit, Scamazon and EBUT crash.

Time to buy and hold. Puts, that is.

S4B,

NCP is almost impossible to trade...it is the only company in the world i would go long..mainly because Rupert is the best businessman in the world imho,if the US$ snaps back it is worth a punt to the long side..assuming we dont go to hell in a hand basket starting now...everything Rupert is touching has turned to gold in recent times but it doesnt seem to be reflected in the share price..institutions are shit scared Rupert cant resist the temptation to buys things because they appear cheap.

Fed Governor Ben S. Bernanke

November 21, 2002 :

Although a policy of intervening to affect the exchange value of the dollar is nowhere on the horizon today, it's worth noting that there have been times when exchange rate policy has been an effective weapon against deflation. A striking example from U.S. history is Franklin Roosevelt's 40 percent devaluation of the dollar against gold in 1933-34, enforced by a program of gold purchases and domestic money creation. The devaluation and the rapid increase in money supply it permitted ended the U.S. deflation remarkably quickly. Indeed, consumer price inflation in the United States, year on year, went from -10.3 percent in 1932 to -5.1 percent in 1933 to 3.4 percent in 1934.17 The economy grew strongly, and by the way, 1934 was one of the best years of the century for the stock market. If nothing else, the episode illustrates that monetary actions can have powerful effects on the economy, even when the nominal interest rate is at or near zero, as was the case at the time of Roosevelt's devaluation.

If the recent low is analogous to 1932 (peace; even Doc has examined this), then Bernanke's comparison is spookily on point it seems.

Just a thought.

The markets will do what the markets will do. Stops are in order on both sides.

GF,

just read your post before I posted this. If we rally and close up tomorrow. Well.. I will have to concede to alot to people I spoke to tonight. Doubt it will happen. B)

Archived