World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Treacherous Trojan

Early openers sipping the Kool aid: Kiwis +0.1%, Aussies +0.3%, Japan +1%, Sth Korea +1.2%.

In Aussie sectors, IT +1.2% is out in front followed by Consumer Discretionary +1.1% and Consumer Staples +1%.  Financials/Telecomms lurking in the rear, -0.4%.

All Ords

xao_1d.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/business/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=AU%3AXAO&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

All Ords flailed about somewhat during the day but managed a positive close of +0.4%.  Sectors were mostly up led by Consumer Discretionary +1.5% and Energy +1.2% with Telecomms -0.8% having the biggest loss.

Definitely green for Asia: China +0.8%, Hong Kong +0.7%, Japan +1.4%, India currently +0.1%.

And ditto for UK/Europe: FTSE +0.8%, DAX +0.3%, CAC +0.5%.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=UK%3AUKX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=DX%3ADAX&uf=

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=FR%3APX1&uf=

http://bigcharts.mar...com/default.asp

I will not short the market. Not because I think that we wont go down, but because I burnt my fingers to often in the past going short.

Now my question:

What would be the alternative if you dont wanna go simply into cash during the bear? Given that Bond yields should rise wouldntit be promissing to go Long AGG (Barclays Aggregate Bond) ? Or do I get something wrong here?

Thats the bond index Antonacci recomends to buy once that Dual Momentum strategy goes out of stocks, which will happen once the 12 month percentage change goes below the short term bill rate.

Gold Looks promissing too. Maybe go Long miners via VanEck ETF? Any thoughts?

I will not short the market. Not because I think that we wont go down, but because I burnt my fingers to often in the past going short.

Now my question:

What would be the alternative if you dont wanna go simply into cash during the bear? Given that Bond yields should rise wouldntit be promissing to go Long AGG (Barclays Aggregate Bond) ? Or do I get something wrong here?

Thats the bond index Antonacci recomends to buy once that Dual Momentum strategy goes out of stocks, which will happen once the 12 month percentage change goes below the short term bill rate.

Of course when yields rise bond prices fall. 

Now my question:

S&P A/D closed at record 52 week highs yesterday. 

Why not go long and write some cover calls for income and hedge against some downside.  This rally should last into mid May.

S&P A/D closed at record 52 week highs yesterday. 

Why not go long and write some cover calls for income and hedge against some downside.  This rally should last into mid May.

RUT with the fantastic 141 forward PE (all real plus/minus earnings) is right near ATH as well........Sick sick and more sick..............Short here and losing some of my long hedge due to moving on from company....

Archived