M2M Acadamy Awards.....

Comment on what we call the "Mickey Mouse Law" : The law change from date of publication plus75 to death plus 50 meant that music written in the 1920's which was about to go public now is not. For ballet companies and orchestras, we are back to Debussy and Ravel before we get free. Choreographers now being asked to stick to Mozart. Two publishing firms, Boosey & Hawkes and G Schirmer, have bought up every music catalogue in the US and many in Europe. The ones they do not own, in Paris mostly, they still represent for US distribution. Their fees are now loanshark level. For instance, the rights to Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, which is the most popular ballet that companies have to offer, are up in the hundreds of thousands per week. They tried to get 50% of the gross, but soon realized that would put ballet out of business. Many companies using a slap dash Tchaik score instead. A shame. It's a great score, now being held for ransom. The publishers doubled their fees so that they now take 50%, which was the same as 100% under the old fees. F em all.

PS scratch Ravel. He is now the most expensive . Right up there with Phillip Glass for sheer extortion

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

and

Dear Butterfield Eight,

for sure this control of rights, that you bring to attention, sounds like a de facto MONOPOLY.

but, the whole deal is another example of the application of, "Change Da Rules" and then apply BLACK LETTER LAW to enforce the police powers of the state upon, for instance, ballet companies, who are merely trying to promote the highest standards of artistic expression developed within western civilization....

if any one thinks that any of this kind of maneuvering is ethical or "Merican," in values, then, all such are crim-oriented themselves.

when da law fails to raise the odds of ethical behaviour, it becomes a travesty.

look what the monopoly power of Windows has delivered:

1. Crushed "independent" applications. (recall that no body could see the os that Wm. Grates encrypted)

2. -0- security on browsers from da above supplier. so now, tens of millions waste time on about:blank fixes, crashes, theft of personal identifiers, yada yada yada.

and, upon same conceptual territory

let's go back to Recourse versus Non-Recourse. your jickiss hopes that by now the operation of Black Letter Law is sinking into da minds of board readers.

and jickiss repeats, for all, the concept that soon ewenough, ewe will see a "crisis," planned years ago, appear in regard to the application of "Debt Enforcement" in Merica.

to protect yourselves, at least to take one or two steps in that regard,

Today, this day, this morning, wherever ewe are,

take 30 mins, and read all of your in force Real Estate Debt contracts.

when done,

take 30 mins more, and read all of your other Debt Contracts.

for, as truly as there are Sharks in da Waters off Maui,

a snappin at Mark Mark and da bevy,

your jickiss knows that the Sharks that control the Big Firms that have Extended all of the fedmade "Free Credit" yesssss, really EXPECT TO BE PAID BACK TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT. MONEY MAY BE CREATED FREE FROM THIN AIR, BUT the LAST TIME JICKISS LOOKED AROUND, IT IS NOT THAT EASY TO WORK/TRADE/INVENT/GAMBLE/SPECULATE/INHERIT/ OR EVEN STEAL,

TO GET money back TO PAY BACK WHEN SOMETHING, ANYTHING GOES SOUTH.

if you are a bear, and you think, eventually, that something big be a goin South, as your jickiss does, and you are positioned, as a trader/speculator/ whatever, to win big, after years of trying to survive the jammin' and jivin' by Da Boyz,

for you own sake, WIN BIG, and do not get "Re-jammed" with a debt contract bomb that some banksters have inserted ewe no where......while you were staring at your screen, or worrying about your margin positions....for some of these Black Letter Legal surprises have been inserted as smoothly as, for instance, the famous about:blank. "what is : there for ????? anyway," cried da Bankster!

5. small proof: your jickiss heard today on radio 1060 kyw philly, bout da sudden "Repricing" of credit card balance interest rates by da credit card cos BECAUSE some borrowers with balances are late paying OTHER creditors. wow. jickiss sincerely hopes that no one reading any parts of the boards at Capitalstooldotcom will get burned on this form of "protecting the issuers" of free fed monie. This kind of event had been poster earlier here by some one, whom jickiss credits. this is a repeat, but worth repeating, in case more cruise through on the week ends....

6. Dear Machine Head. Ah-ha, so dey thought that DIS was "mickey mouse," did they???? Are not mice, though nice, distantly related to other Rodents???

7. does any body have knowledge of the odds that the doolar will resume its decline this coming week? the 10 min charts on the doolar rally this week did not look like anything special to your jickiss, (on the usdx), and some say that the rally was merely "Shorts covering" who were undercapitalized, and who were merely jumping on the last 3 weeks of doolar droppings....this is the Big Question for sure, and jickiss is still lookin at that margin debt bomb.....

8. none of da bove is a rant. hopefully, some dutiful Stoolcitizens can come up with a shortin list to benefit from what is coming. but, of course, it may be too soon to short anything....hard to tell...ebay 115 has been violated on the upside, and this distribution of TOL is happening at levels that are hard to imagine possible, for, as Doc has Warned, there is little to -0- connection between prices traded on da exchanges and funnymentals.

9. But there will be a growing connection between Black Letter Law and Debt.

just because da markets are disconnected, this does not mean that the credit Extenders will become shy in a crisis....When powerful financial forces buy and pay for changes in Black Letter Laws, it is never done as a lark. debtmo, is a comin to Merica, says your jickiss! there is always a plain sight signal. always.

regards to all!

jickiss

trying to avoid da Land Sharks in Philly!

until da day when the movie runs backwards!

:unsure:

Comment on what we call the "Mickey Mouse Law" :  The law change from date of publication plus75 to death plus 50 meant that music written in the 1920's which was about to go public now is not. For ballet companies and orchestras, we are back to Debussy and Ravel before we get free.  Choreographers now being asked to stick to Mozart.

Yes ... it's deplorable what the century-long lock-up of popular music has done to dance. This impoverishment is almost invisible to the public. But it's a prime example of how copyright overreaching destroys one kind of artistic creation whilst granting excessive privilege to another.

Legally, you are supposed to pay a royalty every time "Happy Birthday to You" is sung in public.

Everybody here who has sung that song without paying, has dispossessed the owner of the musical score ... and shared the proceeds. :o :lol: :P

what happens if Greenie fails to raise rates this week?

I'm not sure it matters. T bill rates have risen 20 basis points since the last increase and 30 day commercial paper has risen 22 points. Ever since rates started rising the Fed has been following, not leading. The market seems unable to absorb the ballooning supply of Treasury and Financial Company Commercial paper without rates going up. What the Fed does with the overnight bank lending rate is probably irrelevant, since they have no control over rates, beyond a duration of one day.

5.? small proof:? your jickiss heard today on radio 1060 kyw philly, bout da sudden "Repricing" of credit card balance interest rates by da credit card cos BECAUSE some borrowers with balances are late paying OTHER creditors.? wow.? jickiss sincerely hopes that no one reading any parts of the boards at Capitalstooldotcom will get burned on this form of "protecting the issuers" of free fed monie.? This kind of event had been poster earlier here by some one, whom jickiss credits.? this is a repeat, but worth repeating, in case more cruise through on the week ends....

6.? Dear Machine Head.? Ah-ha, so dey thought that DIS was "mickey mouse," did they????? Are not mice, though nice,? distantly related to other Rodents???

Yep ... Da Banksters operate like a wolf pack, with cross-default clauses.

MH once got into a tangle with Bank of America (in which he prevailed, and extracted $3K outta B of A for his troubles) ... but during the conflict, received a letter from Citibank applying a penalty rate ... not because of any late payment to Citibank ... but because MH was allegedly in default to Citi's bankstah brothah B of A.

MH didn't have any outstanding balances with Citi, so it was a non-event and he didn't have to declare war on Citi too ... but it served as a warning from Da System that if you bite any little tentacle of it, ALL the myriad sucker tentacles will sting you simultaneously.

George Ure (urbansurvival.com) commented yesterday about an unemployed guy who was refused a job at a supermarket because he had bad credit.

You can see the potential for a downward spiral ... lose your job, miss a payment to the Bankstahs ... THEN you can't get rehired, can't get insurance on your house or car or health, can't rent an apartment, etc. You're locked outta Da System for good.

Sorta fits in with the pluto view of the future, don't it -- the plutos behind their high walls, while the masses (the former 'middle class') dig thru garbage for food, or search for roots and berries in Da Forest ... have a nice effin' day ... :lol: :mellow: :o

Let's have a look at the Airline Index.

The thicker lines are SMA's the thinner one are EMA's. I did this becasue i found out that one cant generally say if prices follows EMA or SMA so i simply use both. Same counts for log and lin charts. It is said that in a longer time period and espacially when price moved like hell that one should use log chart. But i saw enough examples which even after 120 years or so and even after price moved say by 1000% that price followed lin not log. Amazing. Here i used log chart becasue as you can see price followed that downtrendlien down for a whole year and jsut recently got its ass going and moved up.

Now it faces fibo cluster res at 60 and 63 and at 70 we have both a former top aND 200 weekly SMA and EMA. So those who wanna short can short the living out of it at 70.

post-510-1102784246.gif

a nice look at the dying airline industry...tanks foxy.

It never ceases to amuse me that da boyz put their hardest pumping into the sectors with the bleakest future. :P

Airlines....Semis....Homebubblers....

Oh, about that refi-boom....Wndy, are you sure about that? I was under the impression that refi's were falling off, and I think the latest week's MBA report shows refi's falling off 12% in a single -week-. :o

Excessive patent and copyright terms are indicative of declining productivity. True innovators need minimal patent, or copyright protection, because by the time their old work is copied, they have created something better.

Excessive patent/copyright protection is IMMORAL. There are ZERO totally "new" creations. All "new" creations are based on the sum of all old creations. When innovators are no longer creative, legislation is used to stop others from creating something "new".

Oh, about that refi-boom....Wndy, are you sure about that? I was under the impression that refi's were falling off, and I think the latest week's MBA report shows refi's falling off 12% in a single -week-. :o

Dozer...the week before refizz were declining, but I think this week had refizz up a bit. And as to your question about Ensign. I had it, liked it except it was glitchy with an old computer and Windows 98 (first edition in my case)...so it is best to have windoze 2000 or XP. It has more than most people need or use but it would depend on how technical you want to get. They are always looking for ways to improve the software and adding new technical indicators and other neat stuff. I liked it (except for my computer problems, but that was my fault) and you can use IB as your data feed. There's a 30 day free trial-hey it's FREE, what more do ya want.

Archived