M2M Acadamy Awards.....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aloha Riverboaters!!!

Well, anybody catch the homebuilders and the lenders today???

Is there any question that the Atomic Particle Accelerator remains in high gear??

Anybody here think that with all this confetti, we are going to have a strong dollar and/or commodity deflation???

At a minimum, the new wave of homebuilding and refi activity will further stimulate the Global Economy, create even bigger imbalances, and cause currency, commodity and asset bubble trends to remain transfixed even tighter along their established trends.

I expect to hear some "unheard of extremes" being reported by Noland over the next couple of months.

Wild speculations, huge moves ahead.

Get ready..............

Keep your eye on MMM and WMT. If those two pigs start moving, then we'll have another MTV Spring Break in the Dow Jokes, complete with Ecstacy, Large Breasted Hookers, free cocaine, frequent orgies, etc.

Nothing has changed.

Leeson's HedgeFund continues to impress..........

Wow.  :o  my pics never go up like this. should just listen to wndy...

Odd...there were about four housing stocks that were just ready to roll over and break their 50 day moving average and with money flows about to go negative.

That was two days ago-amazing timing for this to happen, while the housing market itself seems to be rolling over (ex Florida). Do you think these guys watch the charts? LOL!

See the spike and reversal on this Ten Year Yield chart from nine trading days ago?

http://139.142.147.221/StockChart_ImageOnl...NX&ref_rate=180

Does it matter technically or not? The whipsaw was totally driven by a jobs number that was worse that expected. This chart is pushed all over the place by jobs numbers....the worse the jobs data, the lower mortgage rates will be...or so it seems.

Can we rely on TA to determine the direction of mortgage rates, when in fact, it is the jobs data that will be put out by the government every week that will determine the direction of the Ten Year Yield, and thereby the direction of mortgage rates?

Given the number of people that are being laid off on a weekly basis, and the number yet to be laid off, to say nothing of those who have been unemployed for so long that they are simply not counted in the Government's unemployment data, isn't it simply logical to assume that both Wall Street and the housing market THRIVE on horrible employment numbers, and the worse the jobs situation gets, the lower the mortgage rates will go, and the higher the stock market will go?

If 300,000 new jobless claims results in lower mortgage rates and higher stock prices (it has so far), would 400,000 be even better? Just imagine how "Productivity" will improve if we lay off 600,000 a week!

Why should we pay any attention to the TA when it seems to be the numbers that they release that are the only thing that matters? They lie. We know that. They want to keep mortgage rates low. We know that. They're in charge. We know that.

What am I missing?

I've decided to simultaneously purchase 100 Homes in CA at the asking price (with stated income, interest only ARM's) then immediately list all of these Houses for sale at 10% over my purchase price.

I will make only the first month payment on each of them.

The ones that sell within two months I'll pocket the cash.

The others I'll just walk away from.

If only 1 in 5 of them sell, I should still walk away with at least $1 Million profit.

I've decided to simultaneously purchase 100 Homes in CA at the asking price (with stated income, interest only ARM's) then immediately list all of these Houses for sale at 10% over my purchase price.

If only 1 in 5 of them sell, I should still walk away with at least $1 Million profit.

No, wait....the ones that don't sell I'll cash-out $refi. Then walk away.

Revised estimate: $2 Million profit.

Can we rely on TA to determine the direction of mortgage rates, when in fact, it is the jobs data that will be put out by the government every week that will determine the direction of the Ten Year Yield, and thereby the direction of mortgage rates?

Given the number of people that are being laid off on a weekly basis, and the number yet to be laid off, to say nothing of those who have been unemployed for so long that they are simply not counted in the Government's unemployment data, isn't it simply logical to assume that both Wall Street and the housing market THRIVE on horrible employment numbers, and the worse the jobs situation gets, the lower the mortgage rates will go, and the higher the stock market will go? 

If 300,000 new jobless claims results in lower mortgage rates and higher stock prices (it has so far), would 400,000 be even better?  Just imagine how "Productivity" will improve if we lay off 600,000 a week!

Why should we pay any attention to the TA when it seems to be the numbers that they release that are the only thing that matters?  They lie.  We know that.  They want to keep mortgage rates low.  We know that.  They're in charge.  We know that. 

What am I missing?

What you're missing is the weather. As we all know, new unemployment claims is a function of the weather. Because they manipulate the rates with jobless claims and other (un)employment data, the rates are ultimately a function of the weather as well.

What you need to do is become a meteorology expert and follow weather.com and other weather websites extensively. For example, because I trade currencies and this can be affected by the level of Asian T-Bone buying activity, I first checked that my local forcast called for partly cloudy skies and a high around 60. See the relevance?

The last month has been stormy, lots of rain and lots of unusual weather conditions. Thus, by pure logic, the employment data was bad and the rates dropped in the unfettered free market. Oh, if you're gonna ask me how a weather forcast applies to employment conditions, the answer is I don't have a freaking clue. I just know that Greenscum and Blowman say it does, and it was reported on Crapvision, so it must be the gospel truth.

HAVE I GOT A BROKER FOR YOU!! PM ME AND WE'LL GET TO WORK :rolleyes:

Archived