Daily Digger - Monday Sept. 27, '04

If your a California resident you may brace yourself for the earth to move. I don't suggest you chain yourself to even what may appear to be a sturdy secure object. If your a Florida resident you may brace yourself by securing your home against the elements of wind and water. Against the elements of earth, wind and water - pillars fall.

You may see some men in public office and some men who hold other important positions in life and by that position are considered to be pillars. Pillars fall.

Uncle Buck is a pillar in the world or currency. Some men hold it up in high regard and some covet after it above all other currencies because of its position in the world. Pillars Fall.

After three rate cuts - which some consider to be insignificant - Uncle buck and gold appear to be held in check moving sideways as if they were in the balances.

I see pillars falling.

post-11-1096252147.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and yet Marc Faber believes China will save the dollar.

on another note...

"In 1923 Germany, prices rose on an hourly basis. Wage earners were losing purchasing power because the prices of goods were rising faster than their incomes could be adjusted. Melchior Palyi, a college instructor who saw his pay go from 10,000 marks per month to 10 million marks paid twice per day in less than two years' time tells the story of how another professor asked him on the way out of their offices, "'Are you taking the streetcar?' he asked. 'Yes,' I said. 'Let's hurry. The fare will be raised by 6 pm. We may not be able to pay it.'" Weimar and Wall Street

Archived