Everyone shaken out....Shorts AND longs

Final nail in the GM coffin: they put someone from AT&T in charge of it. AT&T managers are some of the most corrupt on earth.

June 10 (Bloomberg) -- Edward E. Whitacre Jr. built AT&T Inc. into the biggest U.S. provider of telephone service over a 43-year-career. By his own admission, he becomes chairman of General Motors Corp. knowing nothing about the auto industry.

The 6-foot-4-inch Texan nicknamed “Big Ed” said steering the nation’s largest automaker after bankruptcy is “a public service.” People who know him say he can meet GM’s need for the type of transformation he orchestrated at Dallas-based AT&T.

“I don’t know anything about cars,” :lol: Whitacre, 67, said yesterday in an interview after his appointment. “A business is a business, and I think I can learn about cars. I’m not that old, and I think the business principles are the same.”

I think I can I think I can!

Um, manufacturing is a little different than laying phone cables and building networks!

So this Whiseacre guy can lay cable with the best of 'em, huh....then put him on the GM aSSembly line, he'll fit right in.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

it could be stated as follows: "Everything that can be Shaken will be Shaken."

and

here is, again, the most vital chart in re FAZ. The ratio of GS to $RIFIN controls the price of FAZ. yeah, your jickiss knows all that stuff about the bleed off of the premiums etc, blah blah.

The ratio is the key. The Bonks are doomed. FAZ ought to shoot the moon. Them with Tarps have trapped the bonks into uptrends. Not for much longer....

post-1911-1244688345_thumb.png

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

in re GM, when it "Emerges" well, if GM can build a Dry Engine, like Honda and Toyota can and do (A dry engine is an engine that does not DRIP Earl and Coolant on to your garage floor. It is an engine built to close tolerances (1 in 10,000 of an inch is the idea) that will go the distance menaning over 600,000 miles if you change the Earl every 3,000 miles),

then

there is hope.

if not, GM will BK again.

simple. Maybe this new boi can make them do it....let's give him a chance. The telephone system actually works....maybe the GM manufacturing system can be restored to what it was in the mid to late 1960's.

You guys who trade day in and out, what connection speed do you recommend? I have several choices: 1.5, 7, 12, and 20 Mbps. I can get 20 but is it overkill?

Broad based personal opinion:

Day trading is hard. Best to do it seriously on paper first, for at least 1 quarter, if not a year. Spend No Money on equipment, connection speed, "research" etc [sorry Doc]. Do spend money on historical data, if you plan to backtest your strategy. If there's any paper left at the end of the quarter, then yeah, start paying for stuff. If not, then run, and never come back. :ph34r:

here is, again, the most vital chart in re FAZ. The ratio of GS to $RIFIN controls the price of FAZ. yeah, your jickiss knows all that stuff about the bleed off of the premiums etc, blah blah.

The ratio is the key. The Bonks are doomed. FAZ ought to shoot the moon. Them with Tarps have trapped the bonks into uptrends. Not for much longer....

jick -

Take a gander at the divergence between the daily stock price and the On Balance Volume of the item :rolleyes: of interest:

post-6755-1244692172_thumb.png

How do you determine where the 'pivot zones/points' are? Do you have a charting program that does this for you?

Thanks in advance.

No, I don't have a charting program that does this for me, even though I have charting software. I am a hardcore daytrader, probably similar to the guys that are in the S&P 500 pit, although I trade electronically. I use leverage to take advantage of small moves, sometimes the moves are a mere 3 points, sometimes 10-20 ES or NQ points. As far as the pivot zones are concerned, I can tell just by watching the tape. I notice areas where price is magnetized to or seems to gravitate and vibrate around. In addition to the tape, it is not hard to spot these areas on a chart as they often show up as support and resistance areas. This type of trading takes alot of screen time. I have been doing this off and on for over ten years. It is not an easy thing to do, but for some reason I have picked up on it. In the future, I will try to make known the key areas for the ES and NQ and see if you can pick up on it.

BREAKING OPEN THE BLACK BOXES

"QUOTE (capitall @ Jun 10 2009, 05:35 PM) *

Experienced traders are saying that the pivot points, at the support and resistance levels that traders pay attention to, are being gamed big time by the investment banks here.

They use their big bucks to push the market to the point where the algorithms change. The program trading systems that were on the opposite side then get reversed and kick in going in the other direction. E.g. you use big bucks to force the market up from support or down from resistance, even though it would not have naturally gone there on its own. Thus you get things like the 8 minute rally, like on Monday, that takes the Dow from minus 80 to plus 50.

In a normal market, where there's plenty of volume and a normal ebb and flow of activity, algorithmic trading isn't that important. However, when major investment banks - loaded with trillions of dollars in government funds - play the game in a low volume environment, well here we are.

That may be why we have fewer posters here. Unless you are as quick and nimble as KW, it's too difficult to trade in this environment. Certainly it's not a long-term investor's, or even a swing trader's environment. I just am sitting in cash, waiting for volume to return to the market. Once volume is back, there will be more of us capable of participating without losing our shirts."

Thats why the hedge funds are migrating to dark pool trading. Im sure the investment banks have whole teams working on reverse engineering of the hedge funds black boxes to work out their algorithms and therefore where their pivot points are - where they switch from sell to buy and vice versa.

This is basically about hitting the hedge fund stops.

The order flow from hedge funds is propbably being used to reverse engineer the algorithms and stops.

Having cleaned out the little fish they have to go after the bigger fish.

The whole concept of a dark pool (an informational black whole) is to trade with the loss of as little information (energy) as possible.

You and KW are great at day trading. So I am sure it is normal for you. But people like me who suck at day trading, and who can't watch the market constantly anyway, it's a difficult market.

The market is always difficult to trade. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. You say you suck at it? Well, if you have another job and can't watch it all day or focus on it all day, you more than likely will fail. Daytrading takes alot of effort and focus. I have tried swing trading with some success, but, for some reason, in the end, I have sucked. Maybe I am impatient. But, whatever, I have found a real niche day trading futures and I have become very successful at it. Like I said before, the key is knowing where the NUMBERS are. If you know the NUMBERS, you have an advantage. Think about this for a moment: Those guys day trading in the S&P 500 pit have no charts. So, what are they watching? They are watching key levels and the price action around those key levels. That's how they do it. If they can do it, so can you.

Archived