Bulls, Is that it? Come on, BLACK MONDAY

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wish I coulda caught the dip below 100 on this one

still, below 150 it's more than half-off its high

a good core holding long-term?

I dunno, Shorty, I sense you are catching falling knives here. FSLR is papa solar for sure but equities as a core holding in the current environment? AYFKM? Also, I wouldn't touch Yahoo with a ten foot pole, company has completely lost its way. They have made some good acquisitions (Flickr, del.icio.us) and pissed them away, destroying goodwill in the process.

If it's cheap you're after, I think it will all get a lot cheaper.

I dunno, Shorty, I sense you are catching falling knives here. FSLR is papa solar for sure but equities as a core holding in the current environment? AYFKM? Also, I wouldn't touch Yahoo with a ten foot pole, company has completely lost its way. They have made some good acquisitions (Flickr, del.icio.us) and pissed them away, destroying goodwill in the process.

If it's cheap you're after, I think it will all get a lot cheaper.

That's the stock trader's dilemma, isn't it? All we know for sure is whether a stock is cheaper than it was last week. However, what we really need is a crystal ball that will tell us for sure whether the stock is cheaper than it's going to be a week, or a year, from now. In such a choppy environment, it's too difficult for me right now. Good luck to you folks who are quick enough to trade in the current market.

That's the stock trader's dilemma, isn't it? All we know for sure is whether a stock is cheaper than it was last week. However, what we really need is a crystal ball that will tell us for sure whether the stock is cheaper than it's going to be a week, or a year, from now. In such a choppy environment, it's too difficult for me right now. Good luck to you folks who are quick enough to trade in the current market.

This chart is all you need to figure out when it's time to start buying equities for the long term again.

Hint: something to do with the blue line and the red line.

Nimble schmimble.

post-7003-1235367722_thumb.png

who needs a slow hardcopy that wastes trees?

The owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Sunday in an effort to restructure its debt load.

The filing is the latest blow to newspapers. The Journal Register Co. filed for Chapter 11 on Saturday. The Chicago-based Tribune Co. sought bankruptcy protection in December, and The Star Tribune of Minneapolis followed suit last month.

Welcome to the new Hamptons, where the boom's sunny days and Champagne nights have given way to foreclosure notices and sales at discounts of 25% to 30% and more. Some buyers are making offers of 50 cents on the dollar, and less.

Built on spec, this property was offered for sale in 2006 for $24.95 million. Today? Try $12.95 million -- and even that lower price hasn't yet lured a buyer. The mansion is now being sold at auction as part of a bankruptcy plan by the developer's firm.

post-2457-1235369075_thumb.jpg

This is a shame. Love Santelli, but he's probably being encouraged for ratings' sake towards Crameresque theatrics, ripping stuff up and throwing it around.

That his stance is being co-opted by a neocon handlicker like Kudlow, who with a straight face expresses concern about govt spending or the White House bullying journalists, is jawdropping bullshit - that's a given - but also is actually sorta disturbing.

I like Santelli too and love his burst out but this time, the thing seems to be "Yasase," which means in Japanese "look like natural but not really. It is not a lie but contrived." There used to be lots of "Yarase" in TV programs to make things more interesting to increase viewing rate. It's still there but hope no longer rampant .

Republicans, who lost power in the Administrative and lost influence in Legislative and is more likely also to lose influence in Judicial, have found a buddy in Santilli and used it to hit two rabbits with one stone.

Archived