The Grind Lower Continues

Paging BareASSter! Social justice alert!!

Mr TwoScrewsLoose

have yew no RESPECT FUR HRFF Mr TwoScrews?

(Mr TwoScrews, who suffers from ideological TUNNEL VISION, obviously hASS a bad case of Aretha Franklin disease when speaking of The BARE so irreverently)

Besides, itz Social INjustice alerts that The BARE pays attention to.

p.().().s. You STILL haven't answered HRFF's question ass to whether your ideological bark is worse than your bite.

"Woof!!!, Woof!!!" , indeed!!!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes: More on Cramer.

His radio show "Real Money" will soon be known as Real Losses by those who take his advice. I heard him last year whooping and hollaring like a carnival show barker pushing AOL in the $25-26 area. He even admitted that , in the interest of full disclosure, he had bought 500 shares for himself. Where is it now: 10.35?

A few days ago some poor sap called his radio show and admitted that she had bought QCOM when it was a "good stock" near it's high but was unwilling to sell it here and what should she do. Cramer agreed that it was once a "good" stock and would soon be a "good" stock again. I guess they're unaware of the quote below.

Almost every day QCOM has at least two news announcements:

1. Another insider is selling like crazy

2. Another brokerage firm just raised its rating on the stock.

I guess the teenage money managers who are buying it think they know more than the insiders who are selling by the millions.

Hilarious, Wndy, your list:

MSFT

AMGN

QCOM

DELL

CSCO

happens to be the list of stocks that self-declared guru and former bank robber (really) Michael Murphy was touting as the basis of his newsletter.

Needless to say, people who believed his (in my opinion, not libel, LOL) scam have lost huge amounts of money.

Just read that Cramer article. Here's the parting quote:

You know I have been adamant that this is a new bull market. You know that I went on record blasting those Nasdaq 1500 sirens. But there are still persistent emails from people asking me if this is just one more big bear spike.

To which I say, give me a break. Tape this checklist to your forehead if you can't remember it and nail-gun it to the bears in your firms and households. It might put them out of their misery for good!

http://www.thestreet.com/comment/wrongrear...ar/1271233.html

I'm too upset. Gotta send him an email.

Something is wrong with Cramer- I mean, really wrong.

Anyway, my partner tells of listening to Cramer's radio show on the drive home from his office: Monday morning, Cramer will be going long in order to set himself up for the big war rally, a very long lasting market climb. All his money, everything he can "get his hands on," except for a little left in checking and savings will go into these long positions. He advises his listeners to do likewise.

We are thinking of sending Cramer a get well card (of course one usually sends a get well card only after treatment has begun)

Just read that Cramer article. Here's the parting quote:

You know I have been adamant that this is a new bull market. You know that I went on record blasting those Nasdaq 1500 sirens. But there are still persistent emails from people asking me if this is just one more big bear spike.

To which I say, give me a break. Tape this checklist to your forehead if you can't remember it and nail-gun it to the bears in your firms and households. It might put them out of their misery for good!

I'm too upset. Gotta send him an email.

That guy is what us jews call, a SHMUCK!.

The stock market is handing out social justice right before our eyes. I'm sitting on the beach in St. Petersburg, Florida. Very nice. Doc, there's a shuffleboard court behind the hotel, I swear to god.

To clarify my views on gold: I'm only looking for a massive, sudden sell-off after a massive, sudden sharp rally that turns on a dime just when you think you'll get rich.

You'll have 20 minutes, maybe 30, to take those once-in-a-lifetime profits before the wave crashes back down.

You can start following HUI here if you want. But the issue will be whether you're a sharp enough trader to get out while the getting is still good.

This ain't like the QQQ's. This is the gold market. You better be ready.

Just sent:

Mr. Cramer:

I address you with reference to your article of January 23, 2001 at the following link:

For some, being consistently wrong would be reason enough to quit giving others advice. Being utterly devoid of journalistic, academic or even intellectual integrity would be a great handicap to many. However, you are to be applauded for having leveraged these failings into a successful career devoted to deluding others and separating your fellow citizens from their hardwon, honestly earned money. Sleep well, Mr. Cramer. For many, your name has become synonymous with all that is rotten in the media. The very fact that your face is still seen and voice is still heard shows how sadly inflated the marketplace of ideas has become. You should be ashamed.

Yep, I'll go with the grind lower theory. The All Ords chart is lumpy and misshapen but I can see us reversing that runup after the 1998 crashette and it's a nice long trend. Maybe this is where investors begin to methodically and relentlessly cash out of mutual funds forcing the latter to sell stocks to pay out. By all accounts the funds are not carrying much cash to cover this eventuality. I know investors are getting edgy here. The 'buy & hold forever' thing is being questioned and quite a few friends and acquaintances have asked what I think. I tell them what they don't want to hear (1) the US economy will almost certainly collapse (2) Aust will see hard times (3) the stockmarket will not see a sustained rise for years, possibly to the end of the decade. Therefore the best thing they can do is pull out their $$$ and deposit in a bank. I always mention gold but most consider that too speculative although to me its a sure bet. What about real estate they say? FORGET REAL ESTATE is the answer. CASH/GOLD, that's your choice, take it or leave it.

If this next leg is the grind down I think it will be then we could lose a lot more speculators and dippers. The attrition has been going on for a while. One of the daytrading chat rooms that used to have 200+ ppl in it at one time now sees about 35. Shorting stocks hasn't really ever taken off here and shorts and options are only available on the blue chips so many traders found themselves out in the cold once the bear started.

Interesting times ahead...

Archived