Holiday Weekend Showprint

How long can they keep the scam alive?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geeesh. What now? Exogenous event or bust?

Fed buys Treasuries, swaps em for shit collateral so the Financials can shore up there balance sheet while the Fed weasels the dreck paper into monetization by the American public...and there is barely an eye batted by those in the financial press. Is there any way the market can go DOWN in the face of this. I am dumbfounded for the 238th time in the last 6 months (i need to work on that, i dumbfound easily).

I want my mommy!!!!

Geeesh.  What now?  Exogenous event or bust? 

Fed buys Treasuries, swaps em for shit collateral so the Financials can shore up there balance sheet while the Fed weasels the dreck paper into monetization by the American public...and there is barely an eye batted by those in the financial press.  Is there any way the market can go DOWN in the face of this.  I am dumbfounded for the 238th time in the last 6 months (i need to work on that, i dumbfound easily).

I want my mommy!!!!

653457[/snapback]

I think we need to consult Rudolph and follow his bright red nose. :lol:

Geeesh.? What now?? Exogenous event or bust??

Fed buys Treasuries, swaps em for shit collateral so the Financials can shore up there balance sheet while the Fed weasels the dreck paper into monetization by the American public...and there is barely an eye batted by those in the financial press.? Is there any way the market can go DOWN in the face of this.? I am dumbfounded for the 238th time in the last 6 months (i need to work on that, i dumbfound easily).

I want my mommy!!!!

653457[/snapback]

She's busy getting ready for her date with Shorty. But I do see a family resemblance to your avatar.

post-837-1206058294.jpg

And away we go. "The bear market is doomed." "The bottom is in." "Will gold EVER go back up?"

Look, this is what happens. It's unfortunate. It's maddening. But in bull markets and bear markets alike, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS, especially with a nut like Bernanke at the helm. He's either a panderer, a true believer, or, as I suspect, both. But oddly enough, this will HELP us in the long run! It's just gonna take time to work through the system. And things are better for us than just about everyone else! Imagine sending the numbers we have at this very moment in gold, oil, financials, the dollar, the Nasdaq, etc. back in time 6 months ago. Then, tell your slightly younger self that you will be FRETTING about these numbers, wondering when the pain will end! Your slightly younger self would slap you upside the head, and tell you to stop moping already!!!

Let's see how this plays out over the next 2 or 3 months- only then will we even BEGIN to see whether the fretting was worthwhile. I suspect not. In the meantime, try getting in on the "don't come" line on the final bubble yet to burst:

http://quote.yahoo.com/q?s=DXKSX

What's miraculous to me, or maybe impressive in a sense, is how perception is so deftly managed and turns on a dime. From last Friday to Sunday night it was the end of the world. Then Tuesday comes, the Fed cuts only .75 and sprinkles some words in and it's somehow hawkish. Bam. The Fed is really serious about inflation. The dollar bear is over. The commodity bull is over. Dead. End of story. And man, don't those financials look hot! When, of course, nothing has changed. I wonder if this could happen if the media weren't as concentrated in a few hands.

We need our own stool channel on the dish. :D

post-2047-1206061059.jpg

What's miraculous to me, or maybe impressive in a sense, is how perception is so deftly managed and turns on a dime. From last Friday to Sunday night it was the end of the world. Then Tuesday comes, the Fed cuts only .75 and sprinkles some words in and it's somehow hawkish. Bam. The Fed is really serious about inflation. The dollar bear is over. The commodity bull is over. Dead. End of story. And man, don't those financials look hot! When, of course, nothing has changed. I wonder if this could happen if the media weren't as concentrated in a few hands.

We need our own stool channel on the dish. :D

653465[/snapback]

So do you have them deliver every week, or every month?

Looks like the Ords may underperform the US if this leg of the commodity bull is over.

We certainly outperformed during the commodity rally.

Financials look really cheap in OZ,yet the housing market has only just begun to deflate in parts of the country.

Hundreds of thousands of sheeple in mortgage stress could cause major problems for the big banks.

It could potentially get very ugly if financials,industrials and retailers have another leg down.

Not forgetting that commodity corrections are usually very savage.

RIO TINTO shareholders are probably kicking themselves for not taking BHPs offer.

With all the misleading indications out there I just couldn't help to consult the oracle.

"I am still going to look for signs of a higher low and a close today above the 1300 level will make this week an outside week with a higher close. This would be a bullish development in view of the extremely bearish nature of all the news and commentary I am hearing and reading. In any case I think the next significant development will be a rally into the 1430-50 range."

http://carlfutia.blogspot.com/

what kind of an IT bottom is this supposed to be when the XAX and commodities are pointing straight down?

also NYA is still showing a strong downtrend

but then again, banks and home construction are pointing straight up

must be bullish then  :lol:

653455[/snapback]

It just means global demand is strong and we're having the biggest bestest strongest world economy ever... dig it?

Lets see what companies will take out of the hat when earnings season starts in early April with Alcoa heading the fanfare on the 4th. Strong Global Demand, here let me put my rose tainted glasses on B)

Archived