B4 The Bell, Thursday May 27

To deny that we are attempting to dominate the world today through our military and economic escapades is to ignore reality. It matters to me, so I share it with you.

Many conservatives feel that Bush would do better to play the Moral Imperative card than the WMD card, in perpetuating the Iraq war. Regardless, we are now there, and have to "find a way" to get a positive outcome for the West.

But the Moral Imperative route is not the way. The larger "moral" issues of East Vs. West are not lost on the Islam world. There is widespread hatred of the vulgarity, lies, sloth, waste, atheisim, narcissism and conceit which characterizes the West. The fact that many Westerners also despise these fatal defects in their own culture (including many on this site) creates an Enemy Within. The Moral Imperative will be devisive for the West and cohesive for the Islams, and is thus destined to fail.

Round One (Iraq) will be a draw.

Round Two (Saudi) will be lost to Islam.

Round Three (Israel) is where the sh*t will really hit the fan. That is where the Moral stakes, perhaps by then involving a more cohesive West (? 10 years), will be apparent to the globe.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To deny that we are attempting to dominate the world today through our military and economic escapades is to ignore reality.  It matters to me, so I share it with you.

Many conservatives feel that Bush would do better to play the Moral Imperative card than the WMD card, in perpetuating the Iraq war. Regardless, we are now there, and have to "find a way" to get a positive outcome for the West.

But the Moral Imperative route is not the way. The larger "moral" issues of East Vs. West are not lost on the Islam world. There is widespread hatred of the vulgarity, lies, sloth, waste, atheisim, narcissism and conceit which characterizes the West. The fact that many Westerners also despise these fatal defects in their own culture (including many on this site) creates an Enemy Within. The Moral Imperative will be devisive for the West and cohesive for the Islams, and is thus destined to fail.

Round One (Iraq) will be a draw.

Round Two (Saudi) will be lost to Islam.

Round Three (Israel) is where the sh*t will really hit the fan. That is where the Moral stakes, perhaps by then involving a more cohesive West (? 10 years), will be apparent to the globe.

The enemy within :o

great observations

Archived