B4 The Bell Thursday March 18, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need some help here

Does anyone know the status of the US Airline Pilots Pension Plan?

Has it been resolved or is it still in the courts?

Any link or info would be greatly appreciated

Li is talking about reconsidering 650 million investment in bankrupt Air Canada due to unions approach to pension issues.

As I said months ago Air Canada is going to zero after languishing between .60 and 1.60 since last November. Last 1.24 Cdn. This could be very bad news for AC and its common share holders who are only unsecured creditors at the bottom of the list.

TIA for any help with the US Air situation

Guest yobob1
One final thought before I hand off to the traders.  While it is certainly expected that one would be vocally enthusiastic about our own investments, we should be clear that we are not encouraging others to hop on board in order to further our gains only to exit those positions while those we encouraged to join in are left wondering when they should exit.  I would suggest a timely exit notice from the enthusiastic might be appropriate.

In case of any misimpression, I'm not long the beans, or advocating that anyone go long the beans.

Soybeans were perhaps the most visible leader of the grain bull market in 1973, which led to further inflation in 1974 and indeed throughout the decade.

Today, beans are saying that history may once again rhyme. ;)

Didn't mean to leave the impression that I was picking on you, but your post just brought it to mind.

Frankly it doesn't amount to a hill of beans anyway. :lol:

Besides I hate tofu. Tofu is not the other white meat! :P

And like you I would also prefer "C" and would be happy to find a "none of the above" box on a ballot. This state is 99.99% pure Republican unless we are given a conservative independent choice. Like I've said before if we had our way Ross Perot would have been president.

Guest yobob1

Bonds don't seem to be too disturbed by 7% annualized inflation. What me worry?

Any minute now a blizzard of Yen will erupt from Fujiama.

Trapped at Sea!

Check out a chart of RCL...stuck below the 40 waterline with no buyers, no volume, and a school of sharks circling below.

Die Pig!

You best watch out, sleddog, that Michigan/Ohio state line is an easy border to cross!!

Sherlock,

Which side of the border are you on?

I'm in Detroit.

DJ

North of the border

North of Detroit

Moved out of Detroit 'bout 10 yrs ago

Howdy, neighbor!

Sherlock

Archived