What Goes Around Comes Around

More semi pumping today.

CYMI upgraded.

Simple Guy's ABC up should take us slightly over this week's highs, enough to get more hopers on the AMAT train.

Cluster of semi touts should be good enough sign for a top somewhere around here.

Trade deficit didn't even budge the futures. OE Racket Jammers still in control.....

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those #s are horrible...and as a bond person I can only cringe.

But, here is Briefing.com's take:

08:34 ET Data worse than expected, but not that important : All three 8:30 reports were worse than expected, though they are not likely to change the market's perspective. Claims rose to 402K, but the moving average remains below 400K and there's no reason to believe that this one week's swing is indicative of any change in trend. PPI was much higher than expected, but no one will believe that inflation is suddenly a problem given the sluggish economy; more likely this is a statistical aberration. Finally, the trade gap widened significantly to $44.2 bln. Though the market doesn't tend to key off of the trade data, this might be the most notable report, as it might point to continued downward pressure on the dollar. Overall, though, these reports are unlikely to have much impact.

Good morning and good stool!

First, tanks to Ditkabearfor the kind words.

Second, dungs a lot to GregF for pointing out the arithmetic error. When there's more than one Feed coming off, I have trouble with addition and subtraction, not to mention spleling. This is what qualified me to become an analcyst.

Turd, your Stoolwethers are posted. I'll have Suctor Watch up around 9 AM NY time.

Furth, more experimentation in Stooltrading today. Keep the feedback coming!

Later. I'm behind, as usual. :lol:

Lets summarize

Merrill ups the chips and communications chip stocks.

.. From CBS Market Watch

Jobless claims highest in 7 weeks

Inflation is finally rearing its ugly head... Food and Energy creeping up again

And people on this board have gotten flat or long why again?

Let me again remind y'all...

NEWS IS NOISE

Its the public mood sentiment at the time of the news that matters...

Tomorrow Saturn goes Direct.

Yesterday was a turn window which allows a few days on either side.... we were going up into the window... which means the turn goes DOWN

Scam week

All the BORKER upgrades of chip stocks tells you that BAD news is forthcoming on mid quarter updates... no doubt... they are shorting them.

Keep in mind, wall st firms are gunning trading for their own accounts, which now makes up some 60% of their reported profits and or losses... up from average of 30% in the mid to late 90's..... they DO NOT have our interests in mind...

Reversal signals are ALL OVER THE PLACE... SG called this weeks action before the week started. If anyone was reading my thread anymore, they would have seen it all coming...

But... since most bears are shitting in the woods... its an ominous sign for bulls... but not for me...

Disturbing:

07:19 ET SEC may push Medco's rivals toward aggressive accounting - WSJ : The Wall Street Journal's "Heard on the Street" column says that the SEC is considering requiring Merck Medco rivals ESRX and ADVP to start using a Medco accounting technique that some critics have called aggressive; if the SEC follows through, such a move would align the sector's accounting practices for billions of dollars of co-payments and possibly give some investors a misleading view of those cos' sales.

unfortunately the news does not matter.the only people in the world that understands that the entire world is in the state of financial collapse,is the people on this board.

futures still above fair value..we may gap and crap,but I think they make attempt to make a run with a few 1000 ticks today.

Archived