Communication

Somebody bought 1.000.000 QQQs.

See below. Think it matches up at all with the transaction at 10:41?

02/18/03 13:05:00 25.14 25.13 25.14 1105400

02/18/03 10:41:00 24.97 24.99 24.98 1234500

Remember too that this means somebody sold 1,000,000 QQQs.

Was it on the bid or the ask?

GF:

The 13:05 print was on the bid; the 10:41 print was between bid & ask.

Way OT: I play golf with a guy who was in "Meet the Parents". He had a 30-second stint as the FedEx driver near the end of the flick.

That makes it bearish enough for my taste :grin:

"Gaylord Focker?"

"Wh wh whwh hwhw wait... your name is Gaylor Focker? Gay Focker? It's just not a normal name!"

Masterpiece, that movie. Regards to your golf pal.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Dayglo bioturd disaster of the day. Picture-perfect 'lone turd sign'. They gambled the farm on Lupus.......HAHAHAHAHA!!

Tough, tough target.

What a waste of a good location. CEO will have to cut back on that 900k annual income.....drawn directly from equity capital. No revenues. Pigs...............

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=ljpc&indicator=32,5,3,3;64,9,,&dur=3m&freq=6&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

Since maxpain is 25 on QQQ (1000 NDX) it's very likely we finish this week between 980 and 1020. Although sometimes you can see events trigger a move away from the max pain point, since we're there three days before it's a decent bet we end the week there.

Normally during expiration week the put/call ratios tend to rise. Does anyone care to hazard a guess why they're low today? The obvious answer would be complacency, but I'm looking to see if anyone can think of a technical reason, like something that takes into account the number of outstanding puts (for example, there's so much bullishness the puts are not even being closed out at a loss).

SB

the smart money likes to protect its profits and is quick to do so causing these sudden, quick, nasty, big, corrections to the main primary trend.

Dumb money just stays in and hopes, even dumber money sees the corrections triggered by the smart money taking profits and chases it causing more dumb money later to feed the slope of hope. :lol:

Its a vicious circle. Get used to it, better yet make money off it.

Since maxpain is 25 on QQQ (1000 NDX) it's very likely we finish this week between 980 and 1020. Although sometimes you can see events trigger a move away from the max pain point, since we're there three days before it's a decent bet we end the week there.

Normally during expiration week the put/call ratios tend to rise. Does anyone care to hazard a guess why they're low today? The obvious answer would be complacency, but I'm looking to see if anyone can think of a technical reason, like something that takes into account the number of outstanding puts (for example, there's so much bullishness the puts are not even being closed out at a loss).

SB

if they let them expire then they dont realize a gain. right? not to mention trading fees. everyone I know who writes covered calls usually lets them expire. Largest time value loss comes in last week before expiration. We could fall back here and the end result would probably be around the same. That is of course if we stay in this range.

I repeat. This rally was almost pruely a result of lacxk of market depth caused by the WEATHER.

Sure as the driven snow in Manhattan turns to a greay slushy mess, so will this market.

I'm more worried about the moonshot afternoons we've had for the past 2 trading days. I'll feel pretty darned silly if the dow closes up 450 points and I could have dumped everything now. I'm quite spooked right now- they got me where they want me. :o

Just take anUDDER look at HRFF's AVATAR!!!

Looks like Winston still has his hand up from grade school to go the restroom and they had to plug something in his mouth!!!

LOLOL

oh. Cramer's skeptical of the rally, FWIW.

betcha it stalls out right in here.

BETCHA!!!

Archived