Nancy's End Of Week Contribution To The Cause

Octopus Learns To Open Jars

An octopus called Frieda at the Munich zoo in Germany has learned to open jar lids with its tentacles, expatica.com reports.

The female octopus treats visitors at the Hellabrunn Zoo to daily displays of her dexterity and has learned to discern between empty jars and those containing her favorite snacks of shrimp, crabs and clams.

Zoo attendants taught the octopus the skill by repeatedly opening a jar underwater where she could see it and eventually she tried it herself.

Frieda positions her entire body over the lid of a wide-mouthed jar and grasps the sides with the suckers on her tentacles. With a mighty full-body twist, she wrenches the lid off.

She'll open jars one after another -- but only jars with her special goodies in them. She gives all other jars the cold shoulder, according to a zoo attendant.

From http://www.jewishworldreview.com

And with that I wish you all a safe and sane weekend with the additional request that you ask The Higher Power of your choosing to protect us all from The Dark Side of The Force in the days ahead.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am fed up with the direction this thread is taking. I warned you all about this yesterday. I spent the last 15 minutes deleting posts. Cut the political rhetoric goddammit. I don't give a good goddam which side of the argument you are on, I do not want that shit here. This is not a freaking political Forum.

Moderators do your goddam jobs and delete this shit immediately.

My next step will be to start banning posters.

Who wants to volunteer to moderate an expreimental intraday TA only thread. PM me.

sorry cyclist.... KKD, Krispy Kreme Donut Hour....

a little more buying coming in... and more buys than sells in the last hour but nothing huge,,, Can probably tell more after 1:00 est. as head traders return.

I do see a head & shoulders pattern on the 5 min comp. chart. with the right shoulder a possible bear flag...... see what happens there???

really want that h&s to NOT fail, as that can be bad medicine for bears

only short term 5 min. timeframe

just random observations...

Pile - should we be trading these sweeps? This

two steps forward - one step back every day

is getting old. Been right with you all the way with

non-glamour less than super models - their nicer

and not manic.

Its just plain common sense too. Why would you want to short heat-mapped glam stocks favored by many (levels justified or not) unless you are masochistic, have a fatal attraction and are in it more for the thrill than the kill.

Me, I'll short the little beaten up no named trash that no one gives a crap about anymore that keeps sinking lower and lower. I'm in this for the kill and money, not the thrill and certainly not to get killed. :grin:

I am fed up with the direction this thread is taking. I warned you all about this yesterday. I spent the last 15 minutes deleting posts. Cut the political rhetoric goddammit. I don't give a good goddam which side of the argument you are on, I do not want that shit here. This is not a freaking political Forum.

Moderators do your goddam jobs and delete this shit immediately.

My next step will be to start banning posters.

Who wants to volunteer to moderate an expreimental intraday TA only thread. PM me.

I do. : :lol:

Since I'm here. It wasn't a "Yogiism."

His was "It ain't over 'til it's over."

Forgive the "chatter." I'd hate to think any TA people might leave over it.

The CRB got hammered down in the past couple of days, but now it's on the upside again.

Opposite messages from gold (down) and crude oil (up again). My impression is that gold's supply chain is a plodding elephant compared to that of crude oil, which is as sensitive as a spider to the thrashing of an insect trapped in its web.

After all, oil is being consumed at a ferocious rate. Very little of the gold supply is being "consumed."

Archived