Alignment With Spirit

Glad - beautiful verse. I think about money in reference to providing my children with a better life (through education and teaching them about investments). Some of us do it for greed - but greed is, for most people, the result of a desire to DO things, not OWN things. So in a sense, greed is good.

There are so many levels of thought above greed (and fear), such as creativity, productivity, love, godliness, etc., that obsessing at this lower level, while not necessarily "bad", certainly falls short of how one can maximuze the value of his/her own life.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad,

It?s so true. As it turns out about 30 minutes ago I powered down the trading machine and told myself go take the dog for a walk have a bagel - chill. This is going to take some time to unfold.

I also admit to adding significantly o my stress by being in violation of my money management trading limits. I'm trying to get a bunch of lost winnings back here, I'm way over leveraged. My rational is not all opportunities are created equal.

Doc's post a little while back reminded me of a trading story I read once. The old man (head of a large self-made commodities firm) and a young failed trader but 'good technician' were watching the market using the technical tools the young man developed. He says to the old man as the wheat market is falling it will find support here. The old man say's "really?.... "Bullshit? He old man picks up the phone and yells ?sell 2 million bushels at the market?. Obviously, the market falls like a rock through support. It only takes one participant to make you wrong.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Beal

greed is, for most people, the result of a desire to DO things, not OWN things. So in a sense, greed is good.

Sounds like a movie. Greed is its own motivation, and is a negative one. I don't think greed is a motivation to "do things" for most people. Greedy people are generally acquisitve, mean spirited, and motivated by a need to accumulate and hold on to things. True riches can only be achieved by letting go, by giving. What you give always comes back multiplied.

I do this because I love it. That's not greed. I think that is true for most of us. We love the challenge of the game.

Others are addicts, and should stop before they hurt themselves and those they love.

which short term fib ranges are we watching? on the QQQ.

5 min. chart. I am currently watching for a 1.27% retrace. Seems a stretch for today, maybe tomorrow.

I have a short term butterfly completion near 23.59...... this would be percieved as short term bullish by bulls, then *if*, bounce will recalculate. I will scale out 1/3 short pos. if it hits......

this is figured on this mornings low and could change on a fresh low and bounce....the high is 25.13, not expecting that to be taken out.... just trying to fight off boredom....

soup - rog said the big sale of puts was "delta neutral" as a result of shorting QQQs.

To my understanding, delta neutrality only holds at a particular level. If the QQQs start rising, they have to buy back some of those shorts to preserve delta neutrality. If QQQ crashes, they need to sell more.

It's a positive feedback mechanism either way ... the position holder is forced to chase the market.

Archived