Alignment With Spirit

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady boys and girls, looks to me like the third of the third etc, etc. hasn?t started yet and we are in a wave 2 flat correction that started this morning shortly after the open. IMO we should see some strength early tomorrow followed by a sickening plunge with follow through Monday.

In the meantime the news here tonight reports that the British high level ?intelligence dossier? on Iraq which was praised by Powel at the UN yesterday has been substantially plagiarized - typos and all - from old grad school student paper and a few other published articles.

A few other interesting items as well. Real video feed: http://www.channel4.com/news/index.html

geeeeeeeeez

So they ramp like crazy and as soon as the bell rings they pull back?

I have MSFT at 4:00 closing at $47.42

And now at 4:05 I see $47.13 X $47.28 :blink:

Maybe my data is wrong

nope...thats right

they will try to ramp the crap out of the futures tomorrow if no other bad news comes out

I'm startin to get really pissed now,these games are worse every day.

now euro lost 40 pips since ramp in stocks began.

NOT NICE! So late in the day such a heavy move?

oh man....... stop this....... just break down tomorrow.....ok? Running out of nerves a bit. ?<_<

............................ . . . . .meditator.gif

.................................... . . . . .rider.edu

ou la la, watch the shrub! He makes very angry face! :o

do you all remember very well that even the US administration said weeks ago that there was no realtionship between iraq and al queda? Now all of a sudden they say since the early 90s there very multiple meetings between terrorists and Iraq :lol:

oh oh, war very very soon!

Non-dilutive?

i'm not too suspicious.

Non-dilutive in terms of NAV? Yes, in fact, slightly additive. Non-dilutive in terms of the market price of the shares? Not quite. This deal seems to split the premium between the private placement folks and the existing shareholders.

At a share price of $US 4.49, with options priced there until Feb 7, I can't see how this private placement isn't dilutive, since the close was $5.17 today, but they are paying a premium to NAV, which is $4.18.

That premium ends up boosting the NAV, so the shareholders make a paper profit in terms of premium to NAV.

The last private placement was fair to the existing shareholders in terms of price, based on the purchase prices of gold and silver, and the change to NAV.

I suspect there may be more muck in the way the preferred shareholders are treated in the event of a liquidation/buyout, but I'll have to wait and see the paperwork to find that out.

rr

Hmm... CEF with another non-dilutive private placement

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030206/to012_1.html

to buy 24K oz of gold and 1.2M oz of silver.

rr

Ha! When you click the link, the ad on the page is for OneShare.com, "How do I give ONE share of my favorite stock?" I don't know that this is a great "gift-giving idea." It's probably more cost effective to simply buy that "special someone" a 12-pack of regular toilet paper.

Non-dilutive?

I menetioned on IDS yesterday a secpndary could be coming and I sold my position. It seems like CEF could have done at least a little better and sold new shares at a somewhat higher price. They do have an obligation to do what's best for existing shareholders.

Due to lack of alternatives, I will probably be looking to buy it back when the premium is about 15%. Note that unless you are already a long term investor in at lower prices, I would not recomend a large new position until the premium is further reduced.

RE AIG

Thank to all the dear rampers for ramping AIG back up over $50 at days end.

Now I'm comfortable "shorting and holding" this annoying POS.

Once Herb goes, the skeletons will come pouring out of the closets.

Just like GE.

Greenberg recently sold 1.3 million shares.

He knows when to jump.

Why dont retiring CEO's title their books:

"Now I have jumped ship the shit will hit the fan and the stock will hit the crapper".

Stock price built on enormous information assymetry dam. Build the dam up by hiding all the bad news/ using every accounting trick in the book then get out on top - then let the dam break and short the stock to hell. Keep the sheeple in the dark and feed them on bull shit - it works - or used to.

Now the market is wising up when the "GOD" CEO retires. Their are no gods only PRETEND ones.

GO FISHING MR BEAL

Nothing like some fishing to sooth the tired trading nerves.

Better still why not turn your trading into a form of fishing.

I think fishing is a very good anology for SUCCESSFUL speculation.

(1) Fish are not around all the time (high probability trades are few).

(2) Even when the are around they might not be biting (stock trading sideways)

(3) You need the correct bait (put/call/options/QQQ/stock/whatever).

(4) Different fish like different bait.

(5) You have to be patient.

(6) You should fish with the tide (its going out right now).

(7) Even when you have hooked a fish - he may still get away (the devil is in the closing - trailing stop loss anyone)

(8) The little fish should be thrown back in (dont go for small profits)

(9) The weather can suddenly turn viscious (succor rally anyone?)

(10) Some days you wont catch a thing and will use up all your precoius bait.

Most important rule!!!!

(11) ABOVE ALL AVOID DROWNING AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FISH ANYMORE

Yes I think the study of fishing has a lot ot recommend it for application to the art of speculation.

Archived