IDS World Markets Thurs 17th February 05

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[Are gift cards popular in your country's? So far in the US the great gift card excuse has failed to materialize.

Not a big deal in Oz, rog...I'm aware of the situation in the US from reading the forum, ie how they are accounted for on the books.

I've always thoughts gifts were about giving someone you like something they will appreciate. Gift cards seem very impersonal to me, almost like discharging an obligation. But that's just my take...

Guest bullseatshitndie

daily dow futures showing neg div's on sto, but it can last a bit longer. think the decent short setup comes when prices trade above top boll band. looking for 1 or 2 scenarios today 1. prices rocket to top boll band over 10900 2. prices retreat to 10775 area, then ramp up to top boll band.

post-1179-1108651817_thumb.jpg

US leading economic indicators just missed by a penny. Market reaction has been very subdued, just like with the unemployment claims "numbers" that beat by a penny and surprised in direction.

Al's on center stage today, which of course the "numbers" must compete with for dramatic reaction. Al's "words" really do play the star role, with which nothing and nobody else can compete. Al really has achieved his dream from youth, becoming a rock star.

[Are gift cards popular in your country's? So far in the US the great gift card excuse has failed to materialize.

Not a big deal in Oz, rog...I'm aware of the situation in the US from reading the forum, ie how they are accounted for on the books.

I've always thoughts gifts were about giving someone you like something they will appreciate. Gift cards seem very impersonal to me, almost like discharging an obligation. But that's just my take...

Tight-fisted Dutch people just send eCards cuz they're free :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to have some greetings cards in circulation via Art Unlimited...last time I spoke to the bossman,he indicated that he was insolvent and couldn't afford to pay my royalties.

No sweat...it was only 50 bucks a year anyway :rolleyes:

Archived