B4 The Bell - Friday

Guest Icky Twerp

Guest Icky Twerp

Stocks end up slightly ahead of jobless report

For real economic intrigue, we?ll have to wait for tomorrow's release of January employment numbers. In particular, watch the non-farm payroll report. November's gains stirred a lot of hope, but December's report dashed that hope. Just 1,000 new jobs were created.

Economists expect to hear that 135,000 new jobs were created in January -- but then again, they expected December's report to show 150,000 new jobs, a forecast that missed by an embarrassing mile.

One more thing to watch. The government always revises the prior month?s numbers when it releases these reports. So, watch to see if the December jobs number changes. It was 130.1 million. Many economists believe the revision will show a better December than previously thought. However, in monthly reports on November and October, the revisions were all to the downside.

So, tomorrow's number could bring vindication -- or more defense of the dismal science.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stool is going the way of all turds. If you chart M2M's replies and views it's looking like the Nasdaq in 2000. Started when Mark insisted it be all charts and trading, yet continues his shtick. Had to laugh when reading last night's thread and his view of commods. He seems to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Tread carefully all ye who enter here. B4 The Bell is the last bastion of the bear here. Increasing levels of censorship appear to be headed this way. All in the name of sponsors and ill conceived notions of "threat".

As I said in another thread not too long ago, I'm not sure why I keep beating my head against the wall. Personally I'm as prepared as anyone can be for whatever may come. The time has come for me to just fade away. It will be tough for a couple of weeks not having a "home" to come to, but I'll eventually adjust. I must.

It has been an honor to know most of you and interesting to know those I wouldn't honor. I won't attempt a list, but suffice to say the good far outweigh the bad here. Regardless of my relationship with Doc, I have to thank him for the opportunity to vent my views over these last almost 3 years. Seems like only yesterday. I'll post and reply through this weekend, and then it's off to the quiet of the forest where the bears live free in quiet solitude.

The Stool is going the way of all turds. If you chart M2M's replies and views it's looking like the Nasdaq in 2000. Started when Mark insisted it be all charts and trading, yet continues his shtick. Had to laugh when reading last night's thread and his view of commods. He seems to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Tread carefully all ye who enter here. B4 The Bell is the last bastion of the bear here. Increasing levels of censorship appear to be headed this way. All in the name of sponsors and ill conceived notions of "threat".

As I said in another thread not too long ago, I'm not sure why I keep beating my head against the wall. Personally I'm as prepared as anyone can be for whatever may come. The time has come for me to just fade away. It will be tough for a couple of weeks not having a "home" to come to, but I'll eventually adjust. I must.

It has been an honor to know most of you and interesting to know those I wouldn't honor. I won't attempt a list, but suffice to say the good far outweigh the bad here. Regardless of my relationship with Doc, I have to thank him for the opportunity to vent my views over these last almost 3 years. Seems like only yesterday. I'll post and reply through this weekend, and then it's off to the quiet of the forest where the bears live free in quiet solitude.

Seems like only yesterday. I'll post and reply through this weekend, and then it's off to the quiet of the forest where the bears live free in quiet solitude.

Say it aint so Yobob....

Slamming silver on the open is becoming soooo predictable

Long bond yield spiking again,,,Someone knows something..

Good morning! I am running late this morning as usual. Due to yesterday's market miasma, I have extended free access for Anals subscribers to Stooltrading through the weekend. Use the user name and password posted in your Anals Intraday.

Get instant access to the Anals here. The $2.99 - 15 day special will end this weekend!

Archived