B4 the Bell Fryday Sept 3, 2004

Guest yobob1

update for PeeBrain on the PEMEX situation:

This wednesday president Fox dutifully announced the doubling of M?xico's reserves... Igniting a hidden internecine war in PEMEX because another spokesman for the company said that no such thing had occurred. Legislators inmediately made call for the director of Pemex exploraci?n (Ram?rez Corzo) to appear because they accuse him of releasing the information in a package designed to force legislators to open up the hidrocarbon reserves to foreign investment (forbidden under extant constitution-legislation) They also accused Fox of playing in the geopetro-political arena by releasing the information to try to calm down the spot market (weird, since the spot market doesn?t care shat for production that is scheduled to come in line in ten years). Others also implied that the announcement is an ultimatum to left-wing PRD (Partido de la Revoluci?n Democr?tica) to soften their stance on several privatizing initiatives. Overall, it seems as if the whole thing was an ill-timed energy stink bomb that will only make matters worse because it was the first time that PEMEX admitted that Cantarell was beyond its half life and that it is ready to go into serious decline (14% per year) starting 2006. This is dire news for Mx since most of its federal bureaucracy's payroll comes from PEMEX fiscal load; decline Cantarell at 14% per year and you have to either slash 100.000 bureaucrats/annum or up the tax load on the rest of country an average of 3%/annum ... Ouch!

The state of the union address was characterized overall by a very tense situation in the streets of Mx city since the health sector called (and got) a one day walkout and the legislative palace was sorrounded by thousands upon thousands of protesters from the big unions and campesinos.

Edit opinion: If something smells rotten in Denmark it must be rotting in M?xico.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The weather here in Atlanta is great. Palm Beach is now getting the outer bands of the hurricane.

Getting out of Florida was an adventure. Major roads on the east coast were clogged, and many gas stations were closed or out of gas. I fear that one of the big stories will be drivers stranded on I-95 in the middle of the storm.

We left at 7 AM yesterday and took secondary roads across the state to the west coast. Passed through Arcadia (thought of Stoolie The Sun) where there was significant but not catastrophic damage from Charlie. Picked up I-75. Clear sailing from there to the Turnpike junction south of Ocala. From that point traffic jammed up and it was stop and go with long periods of "stop." I got off 75 and again picked up local roads through Suwanee River country. Got back on 75 going into GA, but again had to exit in Valdosta because traffic was stopped. Got back on above Valdosta. Clear sailing from there to Macon, arriving at 8 PM. 13 hours for a trip that would normally take 9 hours. Went on to Atlanta this morning.

I expect to head back on Monday.

Doc....US 41, 27 and 441 are good roads. Can't do 70 though as the small towns

are close together. Heavy construction on I75 betwen Macon and Valdosta can back traffic up. Too, I have found night travel with little traffic to be less risky.

Carry your cell phone and a list of county officers numbers/emergency numbers.

Just a thought on being prepared and minimizing-risks.

I have just finished doing some review on this thread. That review has, sadly led me to express the following thoughts.

A few days ago, 16 Israelis were murdered by a terrorist bomb on a commuter bus in Israel. Imagine if such a thing happened in your town a couple of times a year. Each year that's what happens to you if you are an Israeli. I never see this fact mentioned on this thread. Why should it be? It's irrelevant and off topic from the purpose of this website.

Yet, what I do see is innuendo and even direct accusations that the Israelis and the Jewish community in the US were behind the 9/11 attack, and that Al Qaeda is a an Israeli/Jewish-American conspiracy. How sick is this?

I shouldn't be upset by such hateful, disgusting, prepostrous garbage? This blame-the-victim lie has been used by the haters of Jews for thousands of years throughout recorded history as the excuse to murder millions and millions of Jews.

Today, I see no sympathy for the dozens, hundreds, of Jews murdered every year by terrorists. Not one word. I see not one word of skepticism raised when these scurrilous lies are posted about the Israelis and Jews, as if they are truth. The silence of the many in the past is what allowed the evil thoughts of the few to become muderous acts. I am deeply disturbed by this, but I realize that most of you are simply too embarrassed and horrified by the nature of the discussion. It is not your responsibility to respond or get involved.

It is mine, and mine alone.

Those of you who harbor the thought that Israel and the Jewish community are to blame for the monstrous terrorist acts committed against all Americans, and humanity at large, can and should leave this site immediately. I do not want you as a poster, and I do not want you as a subscriber. Go express your thoughts on an anti Jewish site, an anti Israel site, an anti-Zionist site, or a conspiracy site. Not here.

That is not to say that I support Sharon's brutal policies. I do not. Those policies are certainly open to debate or discussion, but such discussions have always eventually degnerated to the point where those who do hate feel they can use this site as a platform.

They may not.

To those who think they have a right to spew their hateful nonsense on this website, let me assure you that you do not. This site is not about free speech or censorship. This is a partnership between you and me. I am the General Partner. You are the limited. You get to partake of the benefits of participation here subject to certain reasonable guidelines. As a participant in this website, you are an invited guest here in the home which I have built as a place of welcome. If you come in and defecate on my living room rug, and then act like I won't react with horror, or if you act like it's my fault that YOU shit on my rug, you really are not welcome here.

Leave NOW. Cancel your subscription NOW!

Now, there will be no further discussion of 9/11 conspiracies on this website. It is not the subject of this website. It serves no useful purpose in terms of the overall theme of this site. There are 911 conspiracy sites where you can discuss these issues to your hearts content.

This site is here for a purpose. This is my life and my livelihood. I do it because I love it. I am here to help others, and hopefully that will enable me to provide for my family. If I feel your presence here becomes destructive, if you do not keep your posts on topic and within the bounds of civility and reasonableness, then you DO NOT BELONG here.

Again, if you harbor the idea that Israel and the Jewish community are behind terrorism against the US, leave this site now, and spread your "ideas" somewhere else.

And please don't insult my intelligence by speaking in code or calling me a hypocrite.

Calling me a hypocrite is proof enough of twisted logic.

Now, begone, and save me the trouble of blocking you from posting.

TO EVERYONE else, I sincerely apologize for this. You deserve better, and I intend to do my very best toward that end. I have allowed too much leeway on this thread. That ends now.

A few people have abused my trust, and have made this a less than positive experience for everyone. I intend to turn that around.

Bearman -Monday is Labor Day here too-I meant Tuesday but typed Monday. Doc glad you made it out! If you read the thread the other night and the following morning reason finally prevailed and a repeat won't be tolerated. I was surprised that myself and others took some some heat for laying down the Law..some folks just have to push the envelope as far as they can..but in the main this is a good decent group and those who bitched are gone!

When the Idiot Prince lost his last appeal against the illegal duty he placed on Canadian Lumber it meant he now has to repay the duty collected to the Canadian lumber Companies. The other day I pointed out those duties have been distributed to the American Lumber Companies who laid the complaint which led to the now illegal duties and that the American Taxpayer would be on the hook for the repayment. How much are we talking about well just from B.C. only one of 9 Provinces affected and just from the top 4 Producers...this much...from todays Vancouver Sun- Canfor-$501.2 Million, West Fraser Timber-$233.1 Million...Riverside Lumber-$93.2 Million...Interfor $67.6 Million- fold in about another 100 Companies across the Provinces and you can clearly see the folly to the taxpayer wrought by Bush Lite the self styled Free Trader. ;)

A dilema. For some reason ( I think I am having a brain fart) I can't figure this out or I have and am questioning my own judgement.

Here is the situation.

I bought 1,000 NPSP at 17.50 and sold the Sept. 17.50 calls for 1.70.

The stock is at 21.5.

I am considering buying back the Sept. calls and to pay for that, sell the Feb 22.5's for 3.50. The Sept. 17.5's are bid at 4.30.

So, I give up half the gain in the covered call originaly sold ( sold em at 1.70 and the spread between the buying and selling the two contracts are .80).

I either do that and hope NPSP doesn't crap out by then or I let it go.

If I let it go, I will still be up 10%. If I do the above I could capture the additional $4,000 (net $3,200) should the stock hold right in here or go higher until Feb.

Edit-Buying back the calls and selling the stock does not help.

For some reason, I can't figure this one out.

A dilema. For some reason ( I think I am having a brain fart) I can't figure this out or I have and am questioning my own judgement.

Here is the situation.

I bought 1,000 NPSP at 17.50 and sold the Sept. 17.50 calls for 1.70.

The stock is at 21.5.

I am considering buying back the Sept. calls and to pay for that, sell the Feb 22.5's for 3.50. The Sept. 17.5's are bid at 4.30.

So, I give up half the gain in the covered call originaly sold ( sold em at 1.70 and the spread between the buying and selling the two contracts are .80).

I either do that and hope NPSP doesn't crap out by then or I let it go.

If I let it go, I will still be up 10%. If I do the above I could capture the additional $4,000 (net $3,200) should the stock hold right in here or go higher until Feb.

For some reason, I can't figure this one out.

TE when in doubt get out. Emotional upheaval and money is a combustible mixture. Usually you be on the receiving end of the explosion. :o

Archived