B4 The Bell Thursday October 14

from the link kwave posted "There's much in the OFHEO report to suggest that Fannie misapplied accounting rules to make both its earnings and regulatory capital look a lot stronger than they actually were. According to some estimates, Fannie may have excluded as much as $12 billion of losses from its income statement."

http://www.thestreet.com/_tscrmb/comment/detox/10187363.html

The thing that I find mind boggling is that FNM has been publicly reporting this BS accounting technique on their balance sheet for YEARS, and it is just now finally "noticed"..

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After much soul searching, my family and I have decided we can no longer live in the United States. I have resigned from my job here in Ft. Lauderdale, and we will be moving back to Canada (Edmonton) within a few weeks.

My dissatisfaction with current U.S. foreign policy is causing a growing sense of unrest in me which is affecting my family, work, and social lives. I feel like I am being pushed increasingly to the fringes of mainstream U.S. society because of my belief in a world community of nations and my vocal dissagreement with the policy of unilateral preemtive strikes. The repeated advice from friends and colleagues that "if I don't like it, I should just go back to Canada" has had its effect. We shall do just that.

Welcome back Twig!

After much soul searching, my family and I have decided we can no longer live in the United States.? I have resigned from my job here in Ft. Lauderdale, and we will be moving back to Canada (Edmonton) within a few weeks.

My dissatisfaction with current U.S. foreign policy is causing a growing sense of unrest in me which is affecting my family, work, and social lives.? I feel like I am? being pushed increasingly to the fringes of mainstream U.S. society because of my belief in a world community of nations and my vocal dissagreement with the policy of unilateral preemtive strikes.? The repeated advice from friends and colleagues that "if I don't like it, I should just go back to Canada" has had its effect.? We shall do just that.

I feel your pain, Twig.

Make the best of it.

Thanks Plunger. Actually, now that the decision has been made, I feel relieved.

Several months ago I was layed off from my job and we considered leaving, but I felt like I would have been giving up - allowing myself to be forced out. Now that I have a job, and can make a proactive choice regarding the matter, I am at peace with the decision. A weight has been lifted. :)

After much soul searching, my family and I have decided we can no longer live in the United States. I have resigned from my job here in Ft. Lauderdale, and we will be moving back to Canada (Edmonton) within a few weeks.

My dissatisfaction with current U.S. foreign policy is causing a growing sense of unrest in me which is affecting my family, work, and social lives. I feel like I am being pushed increasingly to the fringes of mainstream U.S. society because of my belief in a world community of nations and my vocal dissagreement with the policy of unilateral preemtive strikes. The repeated advice from friends and colleagues that "if I don't like it, I should just go back to Canada" has had its effect. We shall do just that.

I'm thnking the same, but will hold off as long as possible.

But I'm not moving to Edmonchuk- place of my birth- its too COLD in the winter.

Major change, good luck.

Best wishes, twig.

Humans are hard-wired to sense and respond to peer pressure.

A curdled culture can be toxic to one's personal development. Sometimes it's necessary to re-pot yourself.

Market going down on positive ticks. Good for me.

After much soul searching, my family and I have decided we can no longer live in the United States.? I have resigned from my job here in Ft. Lauderdale, and we will be moving back to Canada (Edmonton) within a few weeks.

My dissatisfaction with current U.S. foreign policy is causing a growing sense of unrest in me which is affecting my family, work, and social lives.? I feel like I am? being pushed increasingly to the fringes of mainstream U.S. society because of my belief in a world community of nations and my vocal dissagreement with the policy of unilateral preemtive strikes.? The repeated advice from friends and colleagues that "if I don't like it, I should just go back to Canada" has had its effect.? We shall do just that.

I feel your pain, Twig.

Make the best of it.

Thanks Plunger. Actually, now that the decision has been made, I feel relieved.

Several months ago I was layed off from my job and we considered leaving, but I felt like I would have been giving up - allowing myself to be forced out. Now that I have a job, and can make a proactive choice regarding the matter, I am at peace with the decision. A weight has been lifted. :)

Twig

I can relate. Welcome back to Edmonton and a city of opportunity. There are few better places to raise a family and look for new endeavors.

Archived