B4 the Bell, Turdsday Sept. 23, 2004

Guest yobob1

On Sept. 2 a federal judge in Detroit threw out

the only jury conviction the Justice Department

has obtained on a terrorism charge since 9/11.

http://www.alternet.org/rights/19948/

Did they fix this department?

5000 detentions of supposed terrorists since 9/11

0 convictions.

Maybe they are looking in the wrong places.

TRY THE WHITE HOUSE YOU ASSHOLES. :angry:

0 convictions since 9/11 and the House is revving up Patriot Act II additions to legislation to help "fight terror"

0 convictions and yet more freedoms and liberties must be destroyed

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

front page news today here in OZ.....irony is that Rupert Murdoch owns this newspaper...

Housing prices a risk: RBA

David Uren and Steve Lewis

September 24, 2004

THE Reserve Bank has issued a blunt warning that falling housing prices, coupled with rising mortgages, pose a threat to the economy, no matter who wins next month's federal election.

In a stark reminder to the major political parties that the economy is vulnerable, the bank has cautioned that while housing prices have fallen, debts have continued to surge.

As a result, household debt ratios are at record levels - leaving many voters vulnerable to any sharp rise in interest rates.

The bank's sombre forecast, issued as part of its half-yearly financial stability review, comes as the Coalition ramps up an election scare campaign on interest rates under a Labor government.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...255E601,00.html

From Mike Sunnocks, Phoenix Business Journal:

In regard to the hunt for terror leader Osama Bin Laden,

[Teresa] Heinz Kerry said she could see the al-Qaida chief being

caught before the November election.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month,"

said Heinz Kerry, alluding to a possible capture by United States

and allied forces before election day.

She's probably right that Osama is a creation of Bushco.

But wrong that Bushco NEEDS to defrost Osama to win.

Plan A - win a majority of votes (without cheating! :shocked )

Plan B - fiddle Florida voting machines for a Bushco win

Plan C - blow something up and call for national unity

Defrosting Osama is a distant and desperate Plan D.

He is needed as a bogeyman in the "Four More Wars" campaign.

I have often posted as to how the U.S. Military under the idiot prince and Powells doctrine of overwhelming force has become a haven for physcopaths. Witness the Hillbillies at Abu Ghraib now (the story is at Drudge) 2 Gomers pissed at a McDonalds in Florida cuz they didn't like the milkshake tried to blow it up-the mickey D that is.

I posted just after the close that the FNM derivative Bomb had gone off and with Fannie having written one of every 4 U.S. mortgages and with over a Trillion $ of paper assets there was real trouble brewing. Well since the close S&P has placed Fanny on "Credit Watch-Negative" I mean Holy Shit! this Puppies debt is guaranteed by -Guess Who. Also 2 minutes ago I get an E-mail alert sent to all daily Reckoning suscribers saying yup the FNM Bomb has gone off-this is BIG and getting BIGGER. Now on the just "plain Stupid " front CA has to pay 225 Million $ in restitution, the Founder is under inditement, two other exec's are going to the slammer and the stock closes up $1.60 on a day when the markets sewer. GreenScum and all the Shills and Con-men are losing their grip-watch Fanny! ;)

Too big to fail. Taxpayers will pay for the bailout. I have re-directed all money market funds to treasurydirect.com (a great service, by the way).

It is doubtful that money market (many are loaded with FNM paper) NAVs will drop below 1 (a 'sigma' event), but a bailout will effectively make it seem like <1.

Cat Stevens...........can we still play his music? :shocked

IRA is now 100% short in Rydex inverse funds. This one is 200% inverse SPX.

big.chart?symb=rytpx&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=3&maval=10,40&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=2&type=4&size=1&state=11&sid=181178&style=350&time=9&freq=2&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=4104&mocktick=1&.gif

Archived