Mark 2 Market Weak End

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HRFF may be misSTEAKun butt they're SNOT using spent fuel to irradiate meat/food.

It's a real-life witches' brew of unbelievably toxic/lethal isotopes of eternal duration.

They're probably not using low level radioactive waste for that purpose, either, nor transuranic waste, nor defense department waste streams from weapons manufacture, nor... Nope. They're probably creating NEW waste in the process. Spent fuel is good for reprocessing and if one has lethal intention, seperating weapons' grade isotopes from aFURmentioned witches' brew. It creates it's own waste streams, as does fusion.

Isn't it possible that they use electron beams with a converter

to make the gamma rays? When you go to get your mouth

x-rayed, do you think there is a hot piece of decaying material

in the camera emitting x-ray radiation? Of course there's not.

Hermes III Accelerator

More Hermes III

(this link is temporarily down...)

Could we get a huge drop with huge liquidity???

Some how I don?t think so.

Who is going to benefit from it??

China, India, Japan, Financial, Stock Market???????????????

I've been looking at financial statistics for half a century, so I seldom gasp when I see a new figure. But I gasped today when I saw the latest statistic on the broad M-3 money supply. For the week ended June 20, M-3 exploded to the tune of $63.1 billion. Adding that to the two previous weeks of $20 billion each, and you have a bit over $100 billion added to M-3 over the last three weeks. That's at an annualized rate of around $1.7 trillion.

Who is ready to benefit from it???? :o :o

Does China care? Sure China cares -- China loves it. Beijing announced yesterday that Chinese industrial production had surged a dizzy 17 percent in the year to June amid a 33 percent rise in exports. The announcement brought predictable alarm about competitive threats to the rest of Asia.

Strange world

The battle for exports continues, and one of the weapons is competitive devaluations. It's a strange series of economic events. The idea is to keep your country's currency "cheap" against the dollar. So you reduce interest rates, thus making your currency less attractive to hold. Or your central bank buys dollars to keep the dollar strong against your own country's currency.

To buy dollars your central bank has to create more of your own currency, and this is inflationary. On top of this, selling your products to the US means dollars coming into your country. As the billions of dollars build up in foreign nations, these nations build factories and other sources of production. World production (particularly in Asia) continues to rise, and this global increase in production

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Click Here Now :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prophet of doom warns of blowout

http://finance.news.com.au/common/story_pa...5E14302,00.html

Roach believes that the world is passing through a series of asset bubbles which, he says, only "heighten the eventual perils of the post-bubble endgame".

from links below the roach article.

Aus household debt reported at 122% of assets. now how is that likely to end?

Thank you, thank you, THANK you Mr ROACH!!!

where WOULD we BEE to figureOUT that we have a bubble troika, of sortz, had you not elucidated it FUR us?

or to divine that it will, in all likelihood, end badly, perhaps catASStrophically?

sez Mr R:

"The biggest difference from my bearish view of the world and the more sanguine views of others can be traced to the destructive power of the bubble. In my opinion the world is facing its toughest array of economic problems since the end of World War II."

Really???

You DON'T say!!!

and:

"I never dreamt that I would live to see such profound challenges to core macro principles."

Well, Steve, ass the SONG sez: B-B-B-B-Baby, yew AIN'T seen nuthin', YET!!!

or, pleading the alternative:

All in all we're not just anUDDER brick in The Wall (St? lol)

We're - ALL of us - like chaff borne on the gathering wind, a wind that will grow to hurricane FURce.

itzSEWWwwwwdamnedDEPRESSINGitiz...

In the wurdz of that STERLING CHARACTER R(ichard)M(illhaus)NIXon:

"When the going getz TUFF, the TOUGH get going!!!"

WhereTO, you may ASSk?

well, time to go git BRUNCH! lol

I give the book review by MachineHead a triple-A+ !! :P Well done.

Now, should Doc's unconventional theorem regarding customer relations and selling hold true, we should see a nice spike in Mr. Needleshyster's book sales.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone wondering, I've been out-of-pocket due to heavy work travel (in San Diego all last week. A beautiful spot. The vibe was decidedly unconcerned about the current state of the economy). I was reading along anonymously the whole week, especially Turdsday.

Additionally, we are in the final stages of moving. Spent all weekend packing, and many more days to go.

Worse, I put the powerboat up for consignment yesterday. Yes, grown men can cry in certain situations, and that's one of them. Selling your tractor is another, but that's about it. And maybe your daughter's wedding.

So we're a little busy over here and I'll be mostly out of touch for a while - possibly another 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, you can all thank yourselves for this spate of selling and moving. This damned board somehow convinced my wife and I that owning an overpriced piece of suburban crap was not nearly as important as taking those chips off the table and reapplying them to more productive (and safer) uses.

While I hope not to be proven a fool, I'd rather be wrong and prepared than right and unprepared (but I'd still like to be right). B)

HRFF may be misSTEAKun butt they're SNOT using spent fuel to irradiate meat/food.

It's a real-life witches' brew of unbelievably toxic/lethal isotopes of eternal duration.

They're probably not using low level radioactive waste for that purpose, either, nor transuranic waste, nor defense department waste streams from weapons manufacture, nor... Nope. They're probably creating NEW waste in the process. Spent fuel is good for reprocessing and if one has lethal intention, seperating weapons' grade isotopes from aFURmentioned witches' brew. It creates it's own waste streams, as does fusion.

Isn't it possible that they use electron beams with a converter

to make the gamma rays? When you go to get your mouth

x-rayed, do you think there is a hot piece of decaying material

in the camera emitting x-ray radiation? Of course there's not.

Hermes III Accelerator

More Hermes III

(this link is temporarily down...)

Typically, in the past food irradiators (this process has been done for decades) have been Cobalt, for the most part they are made in Canada. Cobalt has an adequate dose rate and is high enough energy to work well. There is no reason a linear accelerator couldn't be used, except that Cobalt can be "always on" and there is no heat generation problem. An accelerator, which is great for therapeutic radiation, has very significant heat problems and other technical aspects that would make it expensive and a maintenance problem if used in high volume for food.

Radiation is like light - it is there when the machine is on, it is gone when the switch is off. In the case of a cobalt source, it is kept is a lead drawer for safety, pulled out when it is needed to irradiate something, and then can be slid back into its protective drawer when you want the machine to be "off". Low-technology and cost. Cobalt is also used therapeutically in what is called a "gamma knife" primarily for brain tumors.

This timely article is for you:

The White Man's Burden

DBS, much as I like to read Henry Liu's notes and articles, he appears to be suffering from the onset of the same disease that afflicts the chattering class (cf talking heads on radio/tv) all over the world - he sounds as if he is an expert on every subject under the sun, and has a disturbing ability to digress very rapidly. He may well be better off sticking to his original profession - economics.

I agree.

However, some of the posts I read on this board also seem to suffer from the same afflictions as the "chattering classes".

Especially engaging in broad, uniformed, stereotypes about various countries and their peoples.

A significant part of my business is in Asia and my first-hand experiences there are quite different than "leave Japan alone and they dump rocks in the sea and build a sinking airport."

Btw, the airport is Kansai

Kansai 1

Kansai 2

Kansai Airport

I fly there regularly.

This is really bad, not a good sign for the bulls!

US May machine tool demand off 36.4 pct from yr ago

U.S. machine tool demand fell in May from the year-ago month, and also fell slightly from April, two industry trade groups said in a joint report on Sunday that underlined the sluggishness of the economy.

http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle....storyID=3080944

Although he hasn't been spot on lately....Zorans latest count is a dream come true for BEARS and a nightmare for the bulls....it could get ugly soon if sentiment has any remaining value as a contrarian indicator...still short aug/sep puts...did throw long on GNTA friday for a short term trade....thinking BGO is about to explode upward, could be a leading gainer next 6-12 months....huge Cup and Handle with bigtime moneyflow!

Archived