Market Nails The Targets

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the old days we would get wildly bearish at the first hint of a drop,not so these days.

ain't it the truth

the only orders I have queued up these days are to sell more naked index puts, and whenever the futures tick up more that 10 points I start bangin' on the keyboard like a crazed lab rat in a cocaine experiment

I have no problem with Wndy always changing over to the winning side at the drop of a hat. The only way to make a quick buck in these markets is to go with the flow. Concerning the warehouse pics, if they aren't going to house gold hoarders in the future they will house the infirm by government decree.

Spot gold is not showing me much except a floor at the $650 area but a rally is expected with anything associated in Dover Sole territory. Silver should indicate direction first but all I hold is SLW, physical bars and whatever my mutual fund picks up. This is besides the gold miners I hold.

NEM is still a dog with rising costs per ounce and declining output with some fat charges to follow unwinding the hedges and leaving banking behind but can't fight mob mentality when it comes to buying their shares. The mining sector is so small that when it goes up they all go up. I still like and hold ROY.

US$ is about the most sorry ass piece of shit going.

I don't think USD is going below 80; and if so, it'll be one of those baiting moves. A catasrophic drop in the buck would require a lack of cooperation by morally bankrupt Western allies and Asian dictators; essentially, a rejection of the buck by the central bank mafia.

US LT rates will go higher before they allow USD to tank. That seems to be the plan.

Trust me, I'm tempted to get freaked out by a dollar crash. But those are the instincts that lose you money.

This is what a Belgian coin looks like

See any shadows that should not be there ?

Fact is the new eagle was so unpopular they changed to the buffalo cause they were loosing Japan to the Wiener Philharmoniker and a lot of people to the Canadian Maple and the cheapies to the Kruger Rand? ;)

589712[/snapback]

I've don't have the Belgian and Australian coins so I have no basis for comparison.

As far as cameras lying, my camera has so many electronic features it would take quite a while to go through them. I typically just use Auto mode and pictures come out fine. On the eagle, I could not find a mode that did a decent job on the coin.

The last time I bought in volume which was at $412 and quite some time ago, the premium on the eagles and maples was the same. The Kruguerrands were much cheaper. I think that the Philharmonikers were around the eagle or maple or a bit below. And the Panda was priced quite a bit above the eagles and maples. So I would infer that eagles are in demand over here just based on the pricing.

I haven't seen the buffalo coin and I don't think that I'd be inclined to buy it unless I just wanted one because of the way it looks. When it comes down to it, it's just worth melt.

589713[/snapback]

Sorry I live on greenwhich plus 1 hour time and need my beauty sleep

Your camera needs a setting called Makro or Close Up

You need to go to maximum mechanical zoom and make the coin fill the screen

You need good daylight or two sunsimulation lights

You may need a photostand and remote release

On coins I do not have a buffalo yet since they are asking 10% over melt and I can get anything at melt plus 1.5% so I allways go for nuggets which may get

collector appreciation

A german forum reported the buffalo buble wrap as ugly and when opened the coin was damaged :ph34r:

Fact is the new eagle was so unpopular they changed to the buffalo cause they were loosing Japan to the Wiener Philharmoniker and a lot of people to the Canadian Maple and the cheapies to the Kruger Rand? ;)

589712[/snapback]

I've don't have the Belgian and Australian coins so I have no basis for comparison.

As far as cameras lying, my camera has so many electronic features it would take quite a while to go through them. I typically just use Auto mode and pictures come out fine. On the eagle, I could not find a mode that did a decent job on the coin.

The last time I bought in volume which was at $412 and quite some time ago, the premium on the eagles and maples was the same. The Kruguerrands were much cheaper. I think that the Philharmonikers were around the eagle or maple or a bit below. And the Panda was priced quite a bit above the eagles and maples. So I would infer that eagles are in demand over here just based on the pricing.

I haven't seen the buffalo coin and I don't think that I'd be inclined to buy it unless I just wanted one because of the way it looks. When it comes down to it, it's just worth melt.

589713[/snapback]

My last big gold purchase was 20 first edition Buffalo 1st Strike graded MS 69. Bought because one or two dollars over ordinary ungraded Eagles. Nice blue box and individually sealed. Since, I bought a few Sovereigns at CNI. Monthly continue to buy a little silver bulk coins when the price is right on ebay.

589715[/snapback]

I am on an american forum as a coingrader

All bufflos grade MS69 or better

When all involved parties where queried by numismatists they confessed there is no definition for 1st strike moreover the mint ships from stock and does not have first in first out features . So the third box may have been the 10 th in coining :ph34r:

Since 99 I am adding to my bankvault monthly any coin in MS63 (selfgraded) or better and I get most at melt by being very patient :)

Ageka,

The Welcome Stranger was the largest nugget ever found and it just so happened to be where I was born(Victoria,Australia).

I wouldn't mind stubbing my toe on something like this... :lol:  :lol:

Here is a snippet & link that you might find interesting.

Welcome Stranger

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Welcome Stranger

The Welcome Stranger was the name given to the discovery of a large gold nugget, measuring 61 cm by 31 cm, discovered by John Deason and Richard Oates at Moliagul, Victoria, Australia on February 5, 1869 about 9 miles north-west of Dunolly. Found only 2 inches (5 centimetres) below the surface on a slope leading to what was then known as Bulldog Gully. It weighed 2316 troy ounces or 72.04 kg. It is the largest alluvial gold find in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_Stranger

589716[/snapback]

I only have the one ounce coins but I know they have other famous nuggets on the half and quarter coins

They were very smart changing to a different kangeroo every year now because it is a colledtors dream

Coins at melt plus 1.5% for collecting

589712[/snapback]

589713[/snapback]

It depends on how much you like to fondle them. :lol:

589718[/snapback]

Oh but I got two knuckle pieces I use to ride over my fingers and nuckles in front of tv

One is a Double Eagle 1924 which was only AU58 to start with

The other is a 50 pesos big coin 1947 which was also AU58 to start with

It depends on how much you like to fondle them. :lol:

589718[/snapback]

I don't think that's a problem with Kruggerrands.

589720[/snapback]

If you have a pristine krugerrand of one of the first three years of coining

( I think they started 1967 but may be wrong )

German ebay will get you up to 70% over melt :angry:

Archived