B4 The Bell Moonday October 25

Like the Canadian energy trusts, CEF is also a way to get both gold appreciation and dollar protection. For those who don't know, they are a Canadian company who owns nuclear bomb-proof vaults -- all they do is store gold and silver, 50% each. I view their non-dilutive offering, to raise capital for more purchase, as a positive.

Tanks. ;) I bought more CEF on the opening Friday and its now my largest holding. Also I use it for small educational IRA type accounts were it is impratical to do much trading.

CEF will be buying, if it has not already done so, 6 million more ounces of silver.

Silver shorts on the COMEX may be getting an unwelcome request for delivery notice in their Christmas stockings! :o :P :D

Added more this a.m. too. I agree -- I think the silver part potentially may be the best reason to buy it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like the Canadian energy trusts, CEF is also a way to get both gold appreciation and dollar protection. For those who don't know, they are a Canadian company who owns nuclear bomb-proof vaults -- all they do is store gold and silver, 50% each. I view their non-dilutive offering, to raise capital for more purchase, as a positive.

Tanks. ;) I bought more CEF on the opening Friday and its now my largest holding. Also I use it for small educational IRA type accounts were it is impratical to do much trading.

CEF will be buying, if it has not already done so, 6 million more ounces of silver.

Silver shorts on the COMEX may be getting an unwelcome request for delivery notice in their Christmas stockings! :o :P :D

Added more this a.m. too. I agree -- I think the silver part potentially may be the best reason to buy it.

Do us all a favor. Just buy the physical and take delivery. I'll help you bury it. :D

Do us all a favor. Just buy the physical and take delivery. I'll help you bury it. :D

Question for Tulving buyers: if I call him, do I get the price where it's trading right now, or at the close? Anyone got a phone number handy? Thanks.

The silence on the boards is deafening

Bears are exhausted myself included

With the melt in the dollar one would expect some growling.

Pre the 87 melt the dollar was going through what it is today.

I expect this time to be no different. As well, we have scandals, GSEs in trouble, debt in the stratosphere and an election unresolved.

Perfect setup for a very nasty OCTOBER surprise.

Watching them continue to chase GOOG, the HGX and SOX adds to my conviction

Question for Tulving buyers: if I call him, do I get the price where it's trading right now, or at the close? Anyone got a phone number handy? Thanks.

1-800-995-1708. Price now.

The Fed took added about $7B or so in repos, which is a lot, but mostly offsets and just adds a little more to what was taken away Friday. This has helped the market stabilize some - for now.

Speeches this weekend show that the Fed is still looking for 4% GDP growth in the 4th quarter. They are still not worried much about oil, the economy, or GSEs. This seems to be part of the positive ?words? policy espoused recently by the Fed ? don?t worry, be happy, and keep spending.

As I?ve said before my opinion is that the Fed is still going back to the higher end of recent range ? from the bottom reached recently - that would target around a 6% growth rate in the monetary base. This will probably continue until the end of the month. Thereafter, in early November, the Fed may tighten things up a little in the repo market to make way for the expected ? point rate increase that looks very likely now. I expect a faster 8% growth rate to be implemented around the time or shortly after the next Fed meeting.

The growth of the monetary base is usually correlated to money supply. However that link to the money supply is weakening rapidly in recent weeks through GSE, insurance, and dollar problems. I expect the money supply drop that recently started to continue for the next few weeks, at least. During this time, falling money supply and liquidity will exert a significant negative effect on the market.

Note: See Doc?s Feed Report for charts and a comprehensive explanation of where the Fed is now ?

plus an eye opening report on how foreign central banks influence the stock market.

MZM (liquid money supply)

http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/usfd/page5.pdf

Can anyone explain her reasoning? Why would high oil prices be bearish for oil stocks?

High crude, weak dollar weigh on oil stocks By Lisa Sanders

DALLAS (CBS.MW) -- Shares of oil stocks gave back gains at midday Monday as the high price of crude and a weak dollar shook investor confidence. The Amex Oil Index ($XOI: news, chart, profile) stood at 705.87 points, down 0.2 percent, and the Amex Natural Gas Index ($XNG: news, chart, profile) was at 274.37 points, off 0.6 percent. The Philadelphia Oil Service Index ($OSX: news, chart, profile) lost 1.5 percent to 119.95 points as RBC Capital Markets downgraded Schlumberger (SLB: news, chart, profile) to "sector perform" from "outperform."

Archived