B4 The Bell Moonday October 25

Crude losing boner with dollar down....that wasn't 'sposed to happen, was it.. ;)

Top looks in on Uncle Earl..just need some confirm now...

Copper looks like it is very ready to begin wave 3 of it's decimation move..once it takes out 125..waterfall..

One by one.. the inflation movers gettin' hit..

Lumber 286..the wipeout continues.. :lol:

Just a beach ball being pulled underwater...temporarily.

It will pop up with a vengence once the "OPEC to increase output" headline is summarily dismissed as the fraud that it it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the battle heats up in Canada over whether or not the Government will allow China Min-Metal to take over Noranda some startling facts come to the surface..source...The Financial Post.."China leads the World in the consumption of the following Commodities- 20.6% of the world demand for Copper, 21.6% of Aluminim, 17% of Stainless Steel, 25.2% of crude Steel, 20.3% of Zinc, 10.9% of Nickel and is now second in Gold consumption." Does the U.S. lead in any commodity-Yes-(this is for you Bearman) the U.S. consumes 22.6% of the world demand for lead.....other Countries have already sold out to China..."in the 80's China purchased Agri-Chem the worlds 2nd largest phosphate producer from U.S. Steel, in 1979 China bought large swaths of Timber Rights in the U.S. Northwest. Other U.S. deals followed including investments in Petroleum and Steel. In 1988 China bought a Steel Mill in Claymont, Delaware. Last October China announced plans to take a stake in Australia's Gorgon natural gas fields. China will buy more than 21 Billion $'s in liquefied natural gas from Australia."...."China has invested heavily in Oil projects in the Sudan and has 4,000 Troops in the African Nation to guard its pipeline against the Sudanese Civil War. China has just bought a Copper Company in Zambia, and expanded investment in Oil in Algeria, Niger, Chad, Gabon,Egypt and Nigeria, and Oman. China is investing a further $3.2 Billion for a refinery in Angola which is already China's 3rd largest Oil source after SAUDI ARABIA." Sounds like China has already won the battle without firing a shot-Huh! and all done with surplus Yankee dollars! ;)

As the battle heats up in Canada over whether or not the Government will allow China Min-Metal to take over Noranda some startling facts come to the surface..source...The Financial Post.."China leads the World in the consumption of the following Commodities- 20.6% of the world demand for Copper, 21.6% of Aluminim, 17% of Stainless Steel, 25.2% of crude Steel, 20.3% of Zinc, 10.9% of Nickel and is now second in Gold consumption." Does the U.S. lead in any commodity-Yes-(this is for you Bearman) the U.S. consumes 22.6% of the world demand for lead.....other Countries have already sold out to China..."in the 80's China purchased Agri-Chem the worlds 2nd largest phosphate producer from U.S. Steel, in 1979 China bought large swaths of Timber Rights in the U.S. Northwest. Other U.S. deals followed including investments in Petroleum and Steel. In 1988 China bought a Steel Mill in Claymont, Delaware. Last October China announced plans to take a stake in Australia's Gorgon natural gas fields. China will buy more than 21 Billion $'s in liquefied natural gas from Australia."...."China has invested heavily in Oil projects in the Sudan and has 4,000 Troops in the African Nation to guard its pipeline against the Sudanese Civil War. China has just bought a Copper Company in Zambia, and expanded investment in Oil in Algeria, Niger, Chad, Gabon,Egypt and Nigeria, and Oman. China is investing a further $3.2 Billion for a refinery in Angola which is already China's 3rd largest Oil source after SAUDI ARABIA." Sounds like China has already won the battle without firing a shot-Huh! and all done with surplus Yankee dollars! ;)

Brian, that has to be the most insightful yet devastating post I have seen in months.

I had no idea that China's strategy to buy commodity sources had started so long ago.

Where the heck have all the market watchers been?

I find these purchase by China to be very threatening to the US/Canadian interests.

On the other hand, it seems pretty smart for China to do so.

How did we all get on the other side of this trade?

Like the Canadian energy trusts, CEF is also a way to get both gold appreciation and dollar protection. For those who don't know, they are a Canadian company who owns nuclear bomb-proof vaults -- all they do is store gold and silver, 50% each. I view their non-dilutive offering, to raise capital for more purchase, as a positive.

Tanks. ;) I bought more CEF on the opening Friday and its now my largest holding. Also I use it for small educational IRA type accounts were it is impratical to do much trading.

CEF will be buying, if it has not already done so, 6 million more ounces of silver.

Silver shorts on the COMEX may be getting an unwelcome request for delivery notice in their Christmas stockings! :o :P :D

As the battle heats up in Canada over whether or not the Government will allow China Min-Metal to take over Noranda some startling facts come to the surface..source...The Financial Post.."China leads the World in the consumption of the following Commodities- 20.6% of the world demand for Copper, 21.6% of Aluminim, 17% of Stainless Steel, 25.2% of crude Steel, 20.3% of Zinc, 10.9% of Nickel and is now second in Gold consumption."  Does the U.S. lead in any commodity-Yes-(this is for you Bearman) the U.S. consumes 22.6% of the world demand for lead.....other Countries have already sold out to China..."in the 80's China purchased Agri-Chem the worlds 2nd largest phosphate producer from U.S. Steel, in 1979 China bought large swaths of Timber Rights in the U.S. Northwest.  Other U.S. deals followed including investments in Petroleum and Steel.  In 1988 China bought a Steel Mill in Claymont, Delaware.  Last October China announced plans to take a stake in Australia's Gorgon natural gas fields.  China will buy more than 21 Billion $'s in liquefied natural gas from Australia."...."China has invested heavily in Oil projects in the Sudan and has 4,000 Troops in the African Nation to guard its pipeline against the Sudanese Civil War.  China has just bought a Copper Company in Zambia, and expanded investment in Oil in Algeria, Niger, Chad, Gabon,Egypt and Nigeria, and Oman.  China is investing a further $3.2 Billion for a refinery in Angola which is already China's 3rd largest Oil source after SAUDI ARABIA."  Sounds like China has already won the battle without firing a shot-Huh! and all done with surplus Yankee dollars! ;)

Brian, that has to be the most insightful yet devastating post I have seen in months.

I had no idea that China's strategy to buy commodity sources had started so long ago.

Where the heck have all the market watchers been?

I find these purchase by China to be very threatening to the US/Canadian interests.

On the other hand, it seems pretty smart for China to do so.

It's been obvious and logical for quite a while. If you had been put in the position of "bagholder" for a mountain of paper which was destined to become worthless, you'd trade the paper for "real stuff" too. The US is in a position to bankrupt itself in an effort to steal the world's resources at gunpoint.

China's approach has been to industrialize and modernize at our expense, steal our intellectual property with little or no recourse, and simply buy all of the natural resources they need to kick our bankrupt ass in the future with our own dollars...which we mortgaged for the instant gratification provided by the opportunity to purchase Cheap Crap at the expense of gutting our industrial and jobs base.

For a picture of who is to blame, go to Wal-Mart and see who shops there. the formerly employed have done this to themselves, and our "leaders" enabled it all in order to enrich themselves.

As President Kennedy so clearly pointed out...Leadership means demanding sacrifice of your followers, for the greater good of the country.

We have been sold down the river by spineless thieves who understood that our greatest weakness - Shopping - is our greatest weakness. They profitted from a conspiracy of consumerism and greed.

Canadians please give us statesiders a heads up if it looks like the Noranda deal goes through. Then I will be switching to Candian miners (if not too late already).

We may have one more good opportunity to but miners, tar sands, and NG before what I think will be a breakaway move up in one to three months.

Archived