Gulf or Mexico Oil Spill

Scuttle butt around Calgary (and there are people here that should know) is that the Gulf Oil Crisis is a result of Halliburton only used 20 tons of concrete instead of the 30 tons they were suppose to, to build the sea bottom foundation for the drill.

Obama has made sure that dealing with the problem and future problems in the area will not be dealt with. All the expertise and equipment currently in the area is leaving. The moratorium will have extremely effects. Do you really think a bunch of bureaucrats and studies can paper over the problem? Everything the government touches turns to shit. The Gulf is now more doomed then ever before. Heavy hurricane season predicted.

I guess [sadly] this is how economics works in reality.

Look forward to a pristine coast line, full of beautiful wild life, and unemployed oil workers begging for change.

No golden parachute for the average guy working the rig.

I wonder what the annual federal tax & royalty take is on gulf oil?

Maybe that loss can be replaced by more debt.

At some point one would think oil will be rather dong-able. Ho hum. Short producers, long commod?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oil disaster: The underwater oil field still holds 94 to 97 percent of its oil, meaning that it could keep gushing for another two to four years.

Oil continues to gush millions of gallons a day from the broken wellhead at the site of the Deepwater Horizon oil well in the Gulf of Mexico.

PLUG THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solution:

#1 Set it on fire.

post-2117-12770151034934.png

#2 Call this guy.

post-2117-12770152608565.jpg

Problem solved.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/41927

* Is there any scenario here whereby earl will become cheaper to produce?

Dong earl, chort producers.

If this administration and the dipsh!ts in congress can't capitalize on this GoMo © disaster to move the needle on a comprehensive domestic energy policy then I give up

I mean really....as far as catalyst for getting support to move away from crude oil, you couldn't have asked for a more perfect, albeit unfortunate, set of circumstances

Fingers crossed

Wow !!!

Does this douche have even one iota of common sense regarding PR?

Holy smokes !!

Hayward took Saturday off to see his 52-foot yacht "Bob" compete in a race around the Isle of Wight off southern England. It was a good day for sailing — breezy and about 68 degrees — but anger simmered on the steamy Gulf Coast, where crude oil is still gushing from a blown-out well.

"Man, that ain't right. None of us can even go out fishing, and he's at the yacht races," said Bobby Pitre, 33, who runs a tattoo shop in Larose, La. "I wish we could get a day off from the oil, too."

AP

• 3 weeks later...

If this administration and the dipsh!ts in congress can't capitalize on this GoMo © disaster to move the needle on a comprehensive domestic energy policy then I give up

I mean really....as far as catalyst for getting support to move away from crude oil, you couldn't have asked for a more perfect, albeit unfortunate, set of circumstances

Fingers crossed

"Furthermore, the situation in the Gulf of Mexico is worsening. Oil is not leaking at the rate of 1,000 barrels per day, as BP originally estimated, nor up to 19,000 bpd, as calculated by the Flow Rate Technical Group. As a newly released BP internal document revealed, the actual flow is up to 100,000 bpd."

"An historical addiction to cheap gasoline, and opposition to energy reform as “un-American,” has fueled an obsession with drilling, damming, and digging the country’s way out of problems. This emphasis on the supply side (increasing access to energy fuel) has obscured cheaper and possibly more beneficial actions on the demand side (cutting energy consumption by changing people’s behavior).

For example, while Americans could have supported more aggressive fuel-economy standards or increased federal taxes on energy, they didn’t. Under the illusion that lifestyles revolving around cheap oil and big cars were America’s perennial right, fuel-economy standards languished for decades, and politicians avoided the t-word like the plague."

http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/dagostino1/English

An opportunity to plug deficits across the country too. You'll know how it feels like to fill up the tank in Europe. In some countries you pay more for the taxes on the fuel than the actual fuel. And those V8's are so big you have to pay an insane amount of sales tax, it's enough to buy a second family car.

Video of water and sand tests taken from AL coastline. One sample exploded in the test beaker.

EDIT: I wonder where the hell the EPA is with their tests and official safety determination? Is not that their farking job? Searching...

EDIT: Not sure who is testifying on the congressional panel in this video but his comments explain why the kids can't see the oil but tests pick it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtsniN1RTw

Well, according to the EPA everything is A-OK - all green here. To be honest the EPA web site is confusing as hell - one thing I noticed in the testing results was there was no testing of the dispersant (2-Butoxyethanol) West of 88Degrees Longitude (St. Benard Parish). Not Pascagula, MS., Gulf Shores, AL. or Destin, FL..

If you don't test then I guess it does not exist.

Spreadsheet of Testing Results

EPA Water Link

mypicture7.jpg

mypicture3.jpg

mypicture4.jpgmypicture5.jpgmypicture6.jpg

Man this is fun having a whole Forum to myself rolleyes.gif

Looks like sh*t is hitting the fan with the well.

Full letter here

There are unattributed news reports describing a "seep" and BP's unwillingness to monitor in the area (i.e. desire to turn a blind eye to the seep(s)).

This letter makes clear that there may well be a seep. The monitoring issue is finessed.

BP is trying to make it look like the bad old Coast Guard made us take out the perfectly good plug for no reason. What a bunch of criminals.

There are unattributed news reports describing a "seep" and BP's unwillingness to monitor in the area (i.e. desire to turn a blind eye to the seep(s)).

This letter makes clear that there may well be a seep. The monitoring issue is finessed.

BP is trying to make it look like the bad old Coast Guard made us take out the perfectly good plug for no reason. What a bunch of criminals.

I saw the "seep" story and Adm. Allen's letter may confirm the leak. Of course, none of the ROV's are covering it. Waiting and watching.

If possible, they probably should produce the well as capping/sealing it may be more problematic.

I saw the "seep" story and Adm. Allen's letter may confirm the leak. Of course, none of the ROV's are covering it. Waiting and watching.

If possible, they probably should produce the well as capping/sealing it may be more problematic.

This morning's news makes things more clear.

1. BP is trying to deny that the seep is related to the well. [There are natural seeps.]
  2. BP desperately wants the cap left on.

If they reconfigure for collection,

1. BP gets pinged for 3 more days of spew during the transition
  2. the seep might slow or stop, making it clear that it is well-related, and
  3. the flowmeters in the new cap would show what the real spew rate is, and hence has been all along, a figure which BP wants to low-ball.

If you don't believe that people are naturally evil, then we really need to study the way corporations are organized, because the people in charge of them wind up acting in evil ways.

Archived