Ursus

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet it's the only way dollar bagholders can see at the minute of not getting slaughtered.Buy USD denominated stocks and hope like hell that they go up quicker than the dollar goes down--and of course they're so smart they'll be able to get out before the crash!!

bingo! no one wants to sell stocks here because they are denominated in dollars

and who wants those...

During the Great Depression of the 1930s, when as many as one out of four Americans could not find jobs, the federal government stepped in to become the employer of last resort. The Works Progress Administration (WPA), an ambitious New Deal program, put 8,500,000 jobless to work, mostly on projects that required manual labor. With Uncle Sam meeting the payroll, countless bridges, highways and parks were constructed or repaired.

above from http://lcweb2.loc.gov/wpaintro/intro01.html

....of last resort. sounds strangely familiar now. Was it just a few months ago when the government was proclaiming support for a strong dollar?

HT's scenario unfolding a bit early?

JR: what are those laws?

homeland re-investment scam.

you know them, the ones whereby we pay 38% but kleptocrats pay 5.25%

instead of the 35% corporate rate.

they get 12 months to do so.

they'll wait til uncle buck bottoms of course...

wndy: Read the chronicles , big difference between now and then, then stocks were allowed to fall, they retraced,sometimes viloently, dow down 300+ in one session, and 4 digits in a week. This rally has had absolutely no pullbacks, no retracements. Inquiring minds want to know why?

The dollar implosion is breathtaking.

Any stoolies remember what happened to the dollar leading up to the

87 crash?

Silver has been trading like a hot potato all night.

I see they are trying to slam it down even as the dollar continues to weaken.

The silver paper pushers have had a little of their own pain inflicted

on longs, come full circle since November 10 with silver going from $5.00-$6.00.

I cant imagine the margin calls.

It will be very difficult for any push down to be sustained with more and more jumping on the silver train. Finally the supply and demand fundamentals are surfacing.

We are entering 1986 where the drop is positively bullish 1987 type scenario is little further away.

post-3-1072881185.gif

The dolor is screaming at Crazy Al to raise that 1% Fed funds rate. That is what central banksters do to defend a collapsing currency.

The U.S. responds with a dismissive wave of the hand -- "The dollar is the core currency. We do not have to defend it, because everybody wants it. We will keep low rates for a 'considerable period.'"

This is madness. As long as the absurd 'considerable period' pose is held, the dolor's decline will only accelerate. The markets are rebelling -- as they did in 1987 and again in 1992 when Britain and Sweden blew out of the European Rate Mechanism.

Two quick questions.

1) Is today a full trading day?

2) Can I use my losses from the dumbass index puts I purchased in the summer in the face of the most wretched for the year-end loss selling, or does loss selling only apply to securities, and not derivatives.

Happy New Year. :D

Archived