Jonestown Countdown

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add this number to the list of way past two standard deviations - the SPU closed in the upper 30 percent of the trading range (including Globex) for 6 days in a row. Hasn't had a streak closing in the upper 30 percent for that many days in a row for years and years.

The market is just a mere shadow of what it once was. Now it is just another "programmed" organ of GS, Fed, or some other control entity with little, if any, connection to the real world.

When there are that many consistent measures outside normal distribution patterns, something is likely afoot.

The curtain needs to be pulled back to see what is there. Of course, maybe it is a big dispenser of "Koolade."

When you have gold, stocks and bonds rising smartly you know it's all good. I wonder how many Treasuries Ben is going to be buying the next two weeks. Great job killing that dollar. Oh joy.

Speaking of which. Is his long Treasuries buying program supposed to last 6 months, from the March announcement, or till the end of the calendar year?

September is it.

The Don’t Control Everything- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Monday, July 20, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Sometimes it just looks that way.

The Treasury announced not one but two CMB auctions today totaling $65 billion, bringing new supply on the week to $40 billion. So instead of a week of moderate respite from the shelling, we got another bomb from the Treasury.

Then next week it gets worse, much worse. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

<h2 class="post-title">The Don’t Control Everything- Professional Edition</h2>

by Lee Adler, Monday, July 20, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Sometimes it just looks that way.

The Treasury announced not one but two CMB auctions today totaling $65 billion, bringing new supply on the week to $40 billion. So instead of a week of moderate respite from the shelling, we got another bomb from the Treasury.

Then next week it gets worse, much worse. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

At this rate another week and a half we should be at 1050-1100 targets... :rolleyes:

Is this a lot?

Bailouts could cost U.S. $23 trillion, more than the total cost of all the wars the United States has ever fought, put together.

Does that include The War on Poverty?

Coining a Michael Jackson allegory, we are The Nation in the Mirror.

My 2 cts.

Risk assets continue to deliver. There is only one trade in town, and that's long or short the global reflation theme. Longs are winning for now. Today, EEM broke to a new high for the move, following the Naz, EM debt, and other assets of late.

Dow comes next, then S&P, then you name it... all else will follow to new highs for the move as financial assets recover. Then come the earnings and economic "surprises", which I suspect will be the trigger for putting the Fear of God into under-invested managers. Then, after that, it will be a good time to take some dough off the table. But for the moment, I still see things aligned to the upside.

Still long BVN and PCU

My 2 cts.

Risk assets continue to deliver. There is only one trade in town, and that's long or short the global reflation theme. Longs are winning for now. Today, EEM broke to a new high for the move, following the Naz, EM debt, and other assets of late.

Dow comes next, then S&P, then you name it... all else will follow to new highs for the move as financial assets recover. Then come the earnings and economic "surprises", which I suspect will be the trigger for putting the Fear of God into under-invested managers. Then, after that, it will be a good time to take some dough off the table. But for the moment, I still see things aligned to the upside.

Still long BVN and PCU

Yea, only 9 days in a row up on the NDX! :wacko: Waiting for a pullback that never comes.... :angry2:

Spoke to one of my friends yesterday, he's been mentioned here before, him and his wife have both received pay chops and his son didn't get his $12k grant at USC this year. Money is getting quite tight for him now.

His employer just chopped their entire India office/sweatshop so my bud no longer has 5+ people reporting to him. He's doing their work now in addition to other stuff. If his firm goes under his finances will implode quickly.

Financial distress in California is growing and spreading, though maybe not in southern ca yet.

The Iranian Plastic Surgeons in southern CA are sill doing a good business:

Karen Russi was tired. She was tired of looking at herself in the mirror and seeing "an old prune" staring back. She was tired of looking tired. Tired of feeling tired.

"I needed to be rejuvenated," said the 64-year-old special education teacher.

After contemplating a brow lift and CO2 treatment to erase the wrinkles from her face, Russi, who believes her job -- and her salary -- are "pretty safe and secure" in the current economy, took the plunge in the spring. The treatments cost $6,000.

That might seem surprising, given the recent surge of news reports on Americans who are increasing their savings and cutting back on spending. Indeed, the $12 billion to $20 billion cosmetic surgery industry had been tracking with the economy, taking a major hit last fall. Procedures in California declined even more than the national average -- they were off 30% to 40% between June and December 2008, compared with the previous year.

But the industry started making a comeback in the spring, spurred by doctors' reduced rates and a sense that the economy's death spiral may be slowing. And although they are not the only generation that has embraced cosmetic procedures, baby boomers -- who comprise that infamous demographic bulge in the population -- are helping to spur the trend.

easy credit for surgery

Archived