Karl Denninger on Kudlow tonight

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As one who is essentially uninsured through no fault of my own, because my HSA insurer left the market, leaving me uninsurable because of a pre-existing condition, it disgusts me to see blatant scare tactics used to frighten the uninformed into opposing reform.

Reform is not possible under the current system because all of the proposed reforms do nothing to abolish the existing system. The only option that makes sense, the only one that will reduce costs to bring them in line with the rest of the developed world, the only option that will bring our outcomes up to the statistical standards of the rest of the developed world, which we now lag badly, is to abolish completely the private, for profit system, and institute a government run system just like every other civilized country in the world.

But then, who said the US was civilized.

These anti reform people are using the same tactics the Nazis used to take over Germany.

I saw an anti reform commercial the other night while watching CNN that had a Canadian woman saying how she would have died if not for the US system, because she could not get treatment for her brain tumor in Canada and was able to in the US.

Totally ignores all the people the US system kills or ruins financially, or allows to die because they don't have insurance. What's worse, is that every single Canadian that I know, and I know a lot would not trade their health care system for ours. I think the opinion polls show broad based support as well. My wife, who is Canadian, saw the commercial, and she said that it just wasn't right.

The only things the opponents have going for them are lies, fear, and ignorance. You can expect to be bombarded by this stuff endlessly from the O'Neill-Murdoch-Limbaugh Nazi propaganda machine.

I am angry and ashamed to be a citizen of the only developed country that denies my right to health care.

This country would save trillions if it abolished the for profit system. This system is a crime against humanity. It kills or ruins the lives of far more people than it saves, and it costs this nation at least 50% more of a share of GDP than it does in any other developed country.

How anyone who did not have a vested interest defend such a system is beyond me.

The young son of a good friend of ours in Canada had a brain tumor in his early twenties. It was incurable, but the doctors and hospitals here in Canada did ground breaking treatment on him. His tumor went into remission for 5 years before it finally began to outrun the treatments and he finally succumbed to it last year.

My daughter works in nuclear medicine in the Canadian health care system at Jewish General Hospital in Montreal. The treatment that patients get there is world class, state of the art.

Yes, the Quebec system is rife with problems, including long waits for many kinds of treatment. But those who really need treatment urgently get the best treatment and get it when they need it. Yeah, if you have a head injury in a rural area, chances are you're going to die, but the same thing can be said about a lot of places in the US.

These anti reform people are using the same tactics the Nazis used to take over Germany.

I saw an anti reform commercial the other night while watching CNN that had a Canadian woman saying how she would have died if not for the US system, because she could not get treatment for her brain tumor in Canada and was able to in the US.

Totally ignores all the people the US system kills or ruins financially, or allows to die because they don't have insurance. What's worse, is that every single Canadian that I know, and I know a lot would not trade their health care system for ours. I think the opinion polls show broad based support as well. My wife, who is Canadian, saw the commercial, and she said that it just wasn't right.

The only things the opponents have going for them are lies, fear, and ignorance. You can expect to be bombarded by this stuff endlessly from the O'Neill-Murdoch-Limbaugh Nazi propaganda machine.

I am angry and ashamed to be a citizen of the only developed country that denies my right to health care.

This country would save trillions if it abolished the for profit system. This system is a crime against humanity. It kills or ruins the lives of far more people than it saves, and it costs this nation at least 50% more of a share of GDP than it does in any other developed country.

How anyone who did not have a vested interest defend such a system is beyond me.

I would definitely agree with you that the current system needs reform. I, however, disagree that a government only run system would be better. Our government is any thing but efficient and I can assure you that it will cost alot more than they esitmate, as they are always on the low side when figuring these things. Our current government stinks and I highly doubt that they could come up with anything that would benefit the American people. Maybe reform our government first, then healthcare.

Health care currently costs 15-18% of GDP in the US (I've seen 2 different stats on this). In every other developed country, all of whom have government run systems, the share of GDP is typically 9-10%. Among developed countries the US has shorter life expectancy and higher infant mortality than our competitors. Their governments are no more efficient and no less corrupt than ours. Yet their health care costs less, their people are healthier and live longer, and their people are happy about their health care systems.

I rest my case.

Health care currently costs 15-18% of GDP in the US (I've seen 2 different stats on this). In every other developed country, all of whom have government run systems, the share of GDP is typically 9-10%. Among developed countries the US has shorter life expectancy and higher infant mortality than our competitors. Their governments are no more efficient and no less corrupt than ours. Yet their health care costs less, their people are healthier and live longer, and their people are happy about their health care systems.

I rest my case.

Maybe they are better, but I would suggest that Americans as a whole are less healthy not necessarily because of the health care system, but because of the personal choices they make when it comes to eating, smoking, excercise etc. Everytime I go out in public and move among the masses I am amazed at the people I see that are extremely overweight.

Maybe they are better, but I would suggest that Americans as a whole are less healthy not necessarily because of the health care system, but because of the personal choices they make when it comes to eating, smoking, excercise etc. Everytime I go out in public and move among the masses I am amazed at the people I see that are extremely overweight.

Here are some good reasons why Europeans live longer:

European health

Archived