FOMC HedgeFund Meeting: Coming Up

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at the most awesome chart I've seen in a long time, but I can't post it, sorry

It's a 100 year chart of the inflation adjusted CRB

Even with the dramatic rise weve seen lately, we're still around the 1930's depression levels.... UFB

I've made a very crude representation of the chart so you can see what i mean

post-1762-1111098034_thumb.jpg

FNM delays filing of 10k for the fifth time.

Isn't about time they just fess up and admit they have no clue how much they did or did not make over the last year? And, that they have no idea what if any assets they have.

If they promise to follow all the rules from now and count each and every bean, can we all get back to speculating on real estate?

the exciting fast-paced world of international currency trading with 200:1 FX leverage has turned out to be, uhm...a little too exciting and fast-paced

so this leaves me with only three other choices

1. fire my boss and run my own home-based business earning thousands of dollars a day from the comfort of my living room wearing pajamas, as an Ebay Power Seller

2. take advantage of the unlimited demand from gourmet restaurants right here in my local area and get my share of the huge profits from growing delicious exotic mushrooms in my basement

3. follow in the footsteps of millions of other purchasers of the $495 book/cassette/CD/DVD/VHS starter package and learn how I too can build my own real estate empire using OPM

:huh:

maybe I'll just jump back on the FNM highway to hell and ride it all the way down to zero

Smoke the mushrooms. You'll feel better.

Caveat: This is not intended as financial or personal advice. Consult a professional before making any decisions. :P

Last few days there was a wipeout in emerging market debt

Hedge funds are aggresively selling this market.

Look at this chart of one of the most important EM debt funds of all.....?? looks like it's breaking down and about to turn into one of those waterfall events

most people who are sold high-yield bond funds don't listen when they are told about the principal risk

all they wanna think about is the yield

until arbitration time

"unsuitable"

Yeah, a Schwab rep tried to sell me this kind of stuff: "Just tell me how much income you need to have, and I will find something that yields that amount." :huh:

Like that was all there was to it. :unsure:

I think I was the first person who answered back to him that I am less concerned with potential income than I am with avoiding loss.

I also was the first person who told another Schwab rep that her own chart showed that the stock market does NOT always go up in the long run-- as it took twenty-something years to break even on the Dow from around 1930 to around 1955. It was from there that I was sent to Mr. Fixed Income of the "Tell me how much money you want to make and we'll make it for you." I don't know how they can get away with doing this stuff.

So uhhhhh what with all this  news about PLMO and FNM and all is what?...................................................................bullish?

Mooooo.

Well SPX and DJX are hanging around just above the Feb lows and the NDX a hair above the Jan lows.

They'll need more conviction if they are going to build a soft right shoulder in an H&S on the DJX and SPX.

Looks like the pinning robots have been at work today. We'll see if they nail it flat again tomorrow.

the exciting fast-paced world of international currency trading with 200:1 FX leverage has turned out to be, uhm...a little too exciting and fast-paced

so this leaves me with only three other choices

1. fire my boss and run my own home-based business earning thousands of dollars a day from the comfort of my living room wearing pajamas, as an Ebay Power Seller

2. take advantage of the unlimited demand from gourmet restaurants right here in my local area and get my share of the huge profits from growing delicious exotic mushrooms in my basement

3. follow in the footsteps of millions of other purchasers of the $495 book/cassette/CD/DVD/VHS starter package and learn how I too can build my own real estate empire using OPM

:huh:

maybe I'll just jump back on the FNM highway to hell and ride it all the way down to zero

Smoke the mushrooms. You'll feel better.

Caveat: This is not intended as financial or personal advice. Consult a professional before making any decisions. :P

"That's correct your Honor. After explaining my choices to him, he clearly advised me to invest my life savings of $50,000 in the mushroom franchise. The necessary watering caused my foundation to crumble and my Home, appraised by Ditech at $1.2 Million, fell into a giant sinkhole. I am suing Mr. Another for treble damages plus pain and suffering and an additional punitive amount for a total of $5 Million plus legal fees and travel to the trial and hotel expenses, including those little liquor shots in the hotel room refrigerator and the $5 candy bars, of which I've consumed dozens thus far due to the stress caused by Mr. Another's reckless advice. I pursue this lawsuit not for money, but to send a message, and to help other potential victims."

Archived