Ubiquitous unwinding..

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD

Pretty much a meltdown in the Asia-Pacific region. All Ords closed -3.1% with Miners -4% out in front, Materials -3.8% and Energy -3.6%. The only green sector was Gold, +0.6%.

Over in Asia, China -3.8%, Honkers and China -2.5% and Nikkers -2.2%.

On to UK/Europe:

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

EU Officials Face Trichet Call for `Quantum Leap' in Policy as Euro Slides

European finance ministers return to Brussels today as European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet calls for a “quantum leap” in policy making to help stamp out the bloc’s sovereign debt crisis.

One week after agreeing to a $1 trillion financial lifeline for the euro region, ministers are under pressure to show they can reduce deficits fast enough to satisfy investors and then police budgets effectively once targets are met.

While Italy is following Spain and Portugal in announcing budget cuts, the drumbeat of skepticism about policy makers’ ability to end the crisis is getting louder. The euro dropped today to the lowest in more than four years against the dollar. The Euro Stoxx 50 Index on May 14 tumbled the most since March 2009.

Do I detect a note of panic? :rolleyes:

EU Officials Face Trichet Call for `Quantum Leap' in Policy as Euro Slides

European finance ministers return to Brussels today as European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet calls for a “quantum leap” in policy making to help stamp out the bloc’s sovereign debt crisis.

One week after agreeing to a $1 trillion financial lifeline for the euro region, ministers are under pressure to show they can reduce deficits fast enough to satisfy investors and then police budgets effectively once targets are met.

While Italy is following Spain and Portugal in announcing budget cuts, the drumbeat of skepticism about policy makers’ ability to end the crisis is getting louder. The euro dropped today to the lowest in more than four years against the dollar. The Euro Stoxx 50 Index on May 14 tumbled the most since March 2009.

Do I detect a note of panic? :rolleyes:

"Made in China" "product editors" must be shaking in their boots. Local industries are opening the champagne.

I would be very careful being short here.

If that turn in the EUR/USD sticks, we might see a nice rally in the next few weeks.

I am looking for a run back to 1.3000. Its a long way to go. Lets see if I can stay on the bronco this time.

Archived