Potham Partners: Off The Cliff

Hmmm well we started off with a whole lot of buyers thinking they're were going to get rich quick but the market is getting more bearish as the day progresses. I was thinking there would be a bounce for you guys tonight but I'm changing my mind. The market here seems to have been on a slippery slope for the past day or so and we've broken so many supports I seriously doubt that it will lift off without some serious backing and filling. I reckon NAZ is the key. As B4 mentioned earlier NAZ has yet to break down and Ed from Signalwatch says it's in an expanding triangle so it will happen sooner or later. I'm assuming Ed is talking intraday NAZ but I'm not a subscriber so I don't get the NAZ charts. I'm expecting a mass exodus on NAZ which will kill it off once and for all, along with a whole lot of gamers who've been making a living out of it for far too long.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Aussie....

Yeah, we all get a little hysterical trying to HeatMap all these bounces to avoid the lashings we took last year.

But maybe you are right. We might get a rally in the morning and another selloff. Too many are loaded up with calls anticipating the bounce.

Maybe I'll just hold those shorts for now, and daytrade a double position in the SMH if I can watch it.

But the surf is up and the weather is sunny, so I might just bail tomorrow afternoon for the long weekend, and leave this bounce chasing to the Riverboaters.

Been lurking here for a while, decided it was time to become a member.

I greatly respect your commentary and insight, Mark, and the enlightened

contributions of other members.

Thanks to SG, I hung onto my Feb 40 QCOM call options at the close.

I am not as happy holding Feb 75 EBAY Puts, but it should not be long

before NDX hits the 1050 target and prices flush down to levels unseen

since July 8, '32......eventually !

I see nothin' but a small rally ahead and then a pretty good dump.

As for those of you who are noticing alot of people here say that, It is a bear board, or should i say, realist board.

Some of the smarter minds trading are right here. B)

Alex-gold futures-INO.COM-Hanky-that Snow thing is priceless as you said " drunken moron"-I would add "deadbeat dad".Ernstime " Feed" cannot be explained in 20 seconds-think of a river of money flowing from the federal reserve in to he markets-that's close enuff to the truth-trade Safe!

Mark, hope you don't think I was having a go at you and others in here who do a bit of daytrading whilst waiting for the bear to resume. Good luck to you.... I was really referring to the professional heatmappers who see it as a way of life and think they'll survive for ever playing the market the only way they know how...

ernstime...

No worries...I'm no rocket surgeon myself. Lots and lots of information I've found over the years here and elsewhere....here is one of the best.... it will stick if you keep reading through.

Gonna pick up some more HL tomorrow as the share offering freaked out the weak kneed pansies and gold is waving its b***s with one hand and shaking a fist with the other.

*hic*

Smoke?m big daddy!

Somebody threw the anchor and forgot to let go.

Looks like the hell bound train has left the station. I can?t see a damn thing to get excited about for the bullies.

Dow chart I see 33 red indicators still a sell to me. Coming close to the 21-day low should be fun to watch. Volatility in narrow range since mid nov. means one thing, a big move is coming and I will bet to the downside. Need to see what happens at the 50 yard line of about 8134. I bet she breaks!

Naz and q?s, 32 red ind. Looks like a breakaway gap to the downside. I guess we will know in about 10-days. Volatility is low, also a nice fix for an explosive move to the downside.

Weighted readings:

13 up 87 down, still more downside potential.

If they spin it here, it won?t run long at all. Too much momentum to the downside.

Too much hope for a jam and as the bloodhound pointed out, if this thing moves down much further, the calls and dongs will sell and only accelerate the momentum.

Looks like the tide is in. Da boyz will get smoked on this one and so will sadamn.

CYA

Archived