Major Sell Signal

Major Sell Signal- Professional Edition

January 30, 2010 By Lee Adler The proprietary cumulative net differential line is now signaling a major downtrend after it made a head and shoulders top last fall, broke down, retraced, then made a much lower high in December. It has now broken the December, November and July 2009 lows. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things that concerned me on January 19 when I timidly and trepidatiously put out my little list of 6 ETFs that looked good as "short term" shorts in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition, was that we would NOT get a bounce that would allow ideal entry for intermediate to longer term setups.

That feeling is sticking with me. I mean, who ISN'T looking for some kind of bounce here. So the market bounces up hopefully in the morning, then spends the rest of the day just fading away. That seems like early stage bear market action to me. What about that. Do you have the same impression?

Nothing like being forced to eat your own cooking....especially, when you purposely cook sh*t on toast....

Hey BAC and JPM! Would you like some milk with those sh*t sandwiches?

The biggest losers are likely to be Bank of America Corp., J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and other mortgage lenders when the housing bubble burst. Such lenders also are being deluged with loans kicked back to them by holders of mortgage-backed securities who uncover deficiencies with loans bundled into the pools. One common example: a borrower who said the loan was for an owner-occupied home but used it for a second house.

Overall, banks repurchased about $14.2 billion in loans from holders of mortgage-backed securities in the first nine months of last year, up from $3.6 billion a year earlier, according to Barclays Capital. The figures are based on data reported to regulators by federally insured banks and savings institutions.

Forced loan buybacks threaten to "wipe out a significant portion of the [loan] origination profits?€?made in the last year," said Nicholas Strand, a Barclays anal cyst.

Full Poop<----

By the way, peanut butter can have aflatoxins which come from fungus. Aflatoxins cause liver cancer. "Organic" peanut butter is far more dangerous than normal processed stuff, because the processed stuff is sprayed with a fungicide, which is less dangerous to ingest than the aflatoxins.

Switch to almond butter, it is much safer. Really. Although MOST peanut butter is safe, there is NO way of telling if you get a bad batch. Studies have shown that only one bad exposure is enough to cause liver cancer.

I have a friend who died from liver cancer at age 39, and the only factor they could think of that might have caused it was that she ate peanut butter almost every day. Never drank, or had hepatitis or anything like that that can also cause it.

And usually only the lowest quality peanuts are used for the peanut butter. And not to mention the filthy conditions...

http://cbs5.com/health/Georgia.peanut.plant.2.922240.html

The China Study covered this peanut/aflatoxin issue in detail....and how too much animal protein stimulates the growth of the cancer. And also how by restricting the protein, the carcinogenic effects of aflatoxin can be basically eliminated. This mutagenic affect was not observed with plant proteins.

Here is a link to one of many studies on the linkage.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/121/9/1454.pdf

Here are numerous others you can google if you have any interest...

The first studies linking dietary animal protein and cancer (e.g., Mgbodile and Campbell 1972; Preston et al. 1976) focused on cancer initiation, the brief process during which cancer-causing mutations first occur. Collectively, they documented numerous cellular mechanisms by which cancer initiation increases under high animal protein diets. Follow-up studies (e.g., Appleton and Campbell 1982; Dunaif and Campbell 1987) addressed cancer promotion after initiation, showing dramatically increased precancerous deformities in response to a given carcinogen dose under high animal protein diets. To unambiguously implicate animal protein in the observed enhanced cancer promotion, Schulsinger et al. (1989) compared induced carcinogenesis under high protein diets of animal and plant origins. Cancer promotion was significantly enhanced under animal-protein-rich diet. Youngman (1990) and Youngman and Campbell (1992) extended these results to clinical cancer (as opposed to cancer precursors), showing roughly an order of magnitude higher tumor incidence in rats on high animal-protein diets who lived their full natural life span. Similar results were also obtained with different species and carcinogens (e.g., Cheng et al. 1997; Hu et al. 1997). Note that the above laboratory results were all obtained at protein intakes per unit body mass routinely consumed by Westerners, suggesting the applicability of the results to humans (Campbell and Campbell 2004).

Doc, I suggest you do a bit more research on the things you put into your one and only body. We would like to have you around for a long time.....

From all the intensive research I have done over the last 3 or 4 months, it would appear that the Atkins diet you were on, and hopefully are not still on, is potentially highly toxic.

DYODD...I have sworn off regular intake meat and dairy and feel better than I have in years...

One of the things that concerned me on January 19 when I timidly and trepidatiously put out my little list of 6 ETFs that looked good as "short term" shorts in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition, was that we would NOT get a bounce that would allow ideal entry for intermediate to longer term setups.

That feeling is sticking with me. I mean, who ISN'T looking for some kind of bounce here. So the market bounces up hopefully in the morning, then spends the rest of the day just fading away. That seems like early stage bear market action to me. What about that. Do you have the same impression?

I could also see a gap down and then the start of a rally after Europe closes....

SOX very close to 200 day target now, and could easily be hit with a big gap down tomorrow...I will be buying with both hands for a wicked bounce IF that happens....

And usually only the lowest quality peanuts are used for the peanut butter. And not to mention the filthy conditions...

KW -

I was going to mention the same thing

BTW - Nut butter is a great replacement, so far Almond Butter has been my choice, but many others are available

Previously, I ate peanuts by the truckload....no more, no way, no how

Plus, peanuts are not nuts anyway....however, the same can not be said for many of the posters on this board

OOO-FAA

And lastly, I am a full one month into my variation of the China Study/Vegan food program (I despise the word diet, as much as despise adults referring to children as baby goats)...

The results thus far are pretty compelling for just 30-days (too much to write about here), suffice to say that I won't be going back to my old ways -- but then again, I was eating pretty healthy to begin with (or so, at least I thought), so it wasn't a huge lifestyle change.

Peanuts were popularized as a source of protein for humans (instead of animal feed, as they were before) by George Washington Carver. If you want to read a fascinating biography, here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Carver

When the human lifespan was typically about 45, improving the amount of protein in the diet (by using peanut products) was an aid to human health. However, now that people typically have a much longer life expectancy, it is now much more of a concern if people are ingesting products which cause cancer and other illnesses in later life. Peanuts also raise cholesterol levels.

I don't eat peanuts except very occasionally, in restaurants where they are unavoidable. Almonds are much better for you anyway, since they have minerals and antioxidants that are lacking in peanuts.

Link to nice cycles chart on Aussie index....fits in real nice with the Monthly resistance we have just hit on yet another Spring of 1930 fractal redux....

http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?showtopic=115635

The 13 month MA is key to the whole ball of wax now...if that thing kinks back down, armageddon into 2013 may be upon us.....

Link to Terry Laundry's latest T-Theory chart....he nailed the advance off the March low and called the recent top like the good Doc almost to the day...

http://ttheory.typepad.com/files/advance-d...e-t13status.pdf

So perhaps an inverse Bradley this year, while the monthly charts lose momo and then roll over later this year into the 80 year cycle low destruction wave...

And then if you look at this one, a case could be made for a giant super cycle 5 waves up from 1800....Rome may be ready to collapse on a global basis.....

http://ttheory.typepad.com/files/40ycycledepressions.pdf

I am scaring myself....not just the kitty! :lol:

about organic vs. regular peanut butter:

don't forget that regular PB typically contains partially hydrogenated oils (i.e., shortening, i.e. trans fat) that does unpleasant things to your arteries by raising LDL and lowering HDL cholesterol.

when it comes to aflatoxins in organic PB, vs. aflatoxins + trans fatty acids in regular PB, i get more heebie-jeebies from the latter.

about organic vs. regular peanut butter:

don't forget that regular PB typically contains partially hydrogenated oils (i.e., shortening, i.e. trans fat) that does unpleasant things to your arteries by raising LDL and lowering HDL cholesterol.

when it comes to aflatoxins in organic PB, vs. aflatoxins + trans fatty acids in regular PB, i get more heebie-jeebies from the latter.

You can easily find "natural" but non-organic peanut butter that has NO added oils of any kind, hydrogenated or otherwise. And you can find non-organic peanut butter that replaces the peanut OIL with safflower oil or other healthier oils. Sometimes it's in the refrigerated section.

But any peanut butter will raise your cholesterol levels. Why not use almond butter or cashew butter, which gives more nutrients than peanut butter? It is more expensive, but as K-Wave sez, it's the only body you've got.

If you have ever known anyone who died of liver cancer, you would gladly pay a few extra bucks to decrease your risk, even if the risk is slight (as it probably is -- but not so slight that I would eat peanut butter daily)

Why not use almond butter or cashew butter, which gives more nutrients than peanut butter?

gotta defer to my taste buds on that dealio--i simply like the taste of PB. i just don't eat it that often.

i once bought some almond butter, many years ago. the flavor wasn't all that exciting, and the container's still sitting forlorn in my fridge.

Archived