B4 the Bell Weakend Round Table

Guest yobob1

I thought until tody that Dutch Law was pretty fair and reasonable. Apparently not in the case of one law,recently enacted,re the use of non-hands-free mobile phones whilst driving--illegal-- ?140 mandatory fine if caught.

Case on the news today of a guy gets pulled over by the police and is charged with using a non-hands-free mobi whilst driving.Guy says "That's funny 'cos I don't own a mobile phone--search me search the car there's no mobile phone.Mebbee I was picking wax in my ear or something but I wasn't using a mobile".Police reply was "Sir you get the summons anyway as we saw you using a mobile while driving--and for the law,that is sufficient to issue a summons.We don't have to search you or the car because we decided you were on the phone"

UFB--a policeman's word(lie) has had people hanged in the past and I thought that this little country had evolved beyond that--Wrong!

In this case it's just another form of income gathering or taxation--no doubt the police have quotas per month and were getting desperate.

Sounds like a classic "Shake-Down"

Normally one has to go to Mexico for such treatment.

Not really. Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, or even Connecticut will do just fine in this regard.

:lol: :lol:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian, Sherlock, Peebrain,

Great posts. A lot of thought there. China may be engaging in a little preemptive strike of it's own, if it depegs it's currency to the dollar. I agree, Pee, that it looks a little early in the game for China to depeg. It'll appear to be a random bullet shot at the US. that might ricochet and kill it, from an economic standpoint. But perhaps Chinese officials feel that their best hope, in the battle for resources is to strengthen their own purchasing powe. At the same time and as a consequence the American consumer will take a beating that will turn down U.S. economy and curtail it's military might.

Sherlock, you're right that China and Russia are poised well geographically, but if you look at a map of American military bases surrounding China and listen to the quiet hum about "terrorism" in places like Uzbekistan, it shines a bit of light on what might play out. The US imperialists would like to remain dependant on China economically, while controlling the flow of oil into that country. What arrogance. They'll wrap it in the transparent ideology of a war on terrorism, but it'll be a resource move. Nations, China imparticularly, are reasserting and positioning themselves, in self defence.

Putin is sitting back, cards close to his chest. Russia is the wild card here. Will they throw in their lot with China or the US?

As soon as China depegs, "terrorism" will magically increase in the Stans. The hum about terror will become a deafening roar. Oh, there will be an attendant drug war too, no doubt. The thing is, who's going to fund Kerry or Bush's future wars? It might end up all talk and no action--just as China is probably planning.

I thought until tody that Dutch Law was pretty fair and reasonable. Apparently not in the case of one law,recently enacted,re the use of non-hands-free mobile phones whilst driving--illegal-- ?140 mandatory fine if caught.

Case on the news today of a guy gets pulled over by the police and is charged with using a non-hands-free mobi whilst driving.Guy says "That's funny 'cos I don't own a mobile phone--search me search the car there's no mobile phone.Mebbee I was picking wax in my ear or something but I wasn't using a mobile".Police reply was "Sir you get the summons anyway as we saw you using a mobile while driving--and for the law,that is sufficient to issue a summons.We don't have to search you or the car because we decided you were on the phone"

UFB--a policeman's word(lie) has had people hanged in the past and I thought that this little country had evolved beyond that--Wrong!

In this case it's just another form of income gathering or taxation--no doubt the police have quotas per month and were getting desperate.

Sounds like a classic "Shake-Down"

Normally one has to go to Mexico for such treatment.

Not really. Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, or even Connecticut will do just fine in this regard.

:lol: :lol:

Always stick to the Interstate...

My point on fnma is not to point out their heinous crimes ( there are many) but to point out that in order to raise capital they will have to shrink their balance sheet. We all know how powerful, in terms of creating liquidity fnma is/was; well that is about to do a 180. THe implications for the stock mkt are, imo , dire. The gse's in terms aof creating and facilitating the credit bubble dwarf(ed)the fed. In other words if fnma is buying fewer mgts, or perhaps selling esisting holdings, the fed can pump till they are blue in the face; liquidity will contract. Comments? Am I missing something(s)? Curious, as I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Investors Business Daily......has heat map of States...showing which

are already done deals, as far as Bush or Kerry.

They are showing Florida as favoring Bush.

I don't buy it for one minute. Gore recieved more votes here than Bush

last time.........GORE......I refuse to believe the last 4 years of the Moron

makes Kerry less attractive than Gore.

I see far more Kerry bumper stickers than Bush ones, and I live on the western edge of Ft. Lauderdale which normally leans more conservative than the liberal coastal areas. On the other hand, Miami's large Cuban population leans heavily republican - thanks to Castro's communist innoculation against all things left. It will be close. I can't see how anyone can call it for Bush just yet.

Sherlock, link for a book about economy, free trade etc...

http://www.invest-store.com/cgi-bin/capita...cgi?item=410528

Read the first customer review about Grieder's book "One world, ready or not" for a laugh. This dude didn't agree with Grieder's prophetic screed, that turns out to be true,

Critique written in 2000:

"The cracks in the global economic foundation should appear in America first, according to Greider, since our well-paid workers are the first to be displaced by cheaper foreign labor. Yet our unemployment rates are currently at 30 year record lows. In April an article with the title: "0% Unemployment. Everybody Has a Job in Madison, Wisconsin" appeared in the New York Times Magazine."

Blinkered idiot.

I was just wondering how Karl Rove still has a job after uttering so bald-faced a lie as he did after the debate to that reporter, saying that he thought that Bush clearly won and that it was Kerry's worst performance. Even his own client must be embarassed with the statement, no? Like if I were to tell Lady Fokker on a bad hair day that her do's never looked better?

Here's the story:

http://www.slate.com/id/2107516/

MBS Seepage Continues

Total Credit Up, M's Still Stuck In Range

Great synopsis of the current credit situation. Your reports are a gem that I think most over look.

There was apparent sluggishness in the economy, money supply, and credit bubble before the FNM report. A micro-boom in credit expansion, which related to a drop in long term rates - coincident with an unusual burst of foreign central bank Treasury buying a month or so back - may be over already.

The market will demand a higher risk premium from GSEs and other mortgage products. I expect within weeks to see a lower MoGauge numbers, to be followed soon after by a steady or declining money supply, to be followed a little later by outright economic contraction by the end of October.

I expect the Fed to realize that by then and become more aggressive, but lately I am a little surprised at their strong belief that the economic is doing well. Their $4.75 B purchase of 'agency' repo show a growing concern, but not panic.

[LINKHoly Smoke-what is being covered up here??? The link is to a Russian service covering the Iraq War-click on the article "Battle of Samarra...7 Helicopters Down...147 Troops killed" :cry:

Brian - site is down. wtf ?

[LINKHoly Smoke-what is being covered up here???? The link is to a Russian service covering the Iraq War-click on the article "Battle of Samarra...7 Helicopters Down...147 Troops killed" :cry:

Brian, my heart sank when I read that. I hope for both sides that it isn't true. I have my doubts actually. The source of the article is "Islammemo.cc" which suggests some possible bias. Also, this excerpt from the article is suspicious:

After this attack, the US called in its F14 and F16 attack planes which bombed the city for a straight 8 hours using cluster bombs, napalm, and laser guided weapons. Fearing for the life of the city's inhabitants, the resistance withdrew from sections of Samara and moved to the surrounding villages and towns where it attempted to draw the US forces towards it and away from the city.
That is not consistent with the previous behavior of the insurgents as Thursday's bombing of a large group of children who were getting candy from US soldiers attests. Obviously a slanted view of events IMO.

Edit: Also, the picture of the chopper is suspicious. Where is the smoke coming from the chopper? If it was hit, there should be some sign of it. It appears also that this is a medical chopper, not an attack chopper, unless all US choppers have the red cross on the side. I could be wrong about that - I'm not an expert.

My point on fnma is not to point out their heinous crimes ( there are many) but to point out that in order to raise capital they will have to shrink their balance sheet. We all know how powerful, in terms of creating liquidity fnma is/was; well that is about to do a 180. THe implications for the stock mkt are, imo , dire. The gse's in terms aof creating and facilitating the credit bubble dwarf(ed)the fed. In other words if fnma is buying fewer mgts, or perhaps selling esisting holdings, the fed can pump till they are blue in the face; liquidity will contract. Comments? Am I missing something(s)? Curious, as I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Soup:

Jim Willie believes that the Fed has already turned FNM over to the Treasury Department. Current management is no longer under control.

The largest monetization scheme in financial history is now under way.

No wonder gold is catching a bid...................

And no wonder the builders and lenders are still acting well................

Hey Gang,

Just thought I'd check in before I head a bit further east fur a few dayz..Mt. St Helens is supposed to BLOW within the next 24 hours..it was a friggin' mess around here the last time she did..

PS.. stock market is a t critical point here as well..if da bears can't hold it back right near this area, it could blow as well..next week looms very large..

capt.wxs11710020442.mount_st_helens_wxs117.jpg

Archived