In case you missed 'em

Dancing the Con Con

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, August 26, 2009, in Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Over the years I have frequently pointed out what a stupid indicator the Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence indicator is, at least when it comes to the stock market. It’s like a dog chasing its tail. The Con Con, you see, follows the market. Then, each and every month for a half hour or so after the data is released, complete with all the positive spin that the Con Board and the media can muster, the market follows the Con. The Con Board’s objective is, of course, to sell $2000/year subscriptions to its data services, for which it gets millions of dollars of free publicity from the media when it releases the monthly Con Board Con Con press release on the Con Con Index.

It’s quite a racket. I wish I could do that.

The collecting and reporting of this data is really a huge waste of time and money. But it’s a big part of the financial infomercial media con, so the Con Board goes on collecting the data and reporting it, and the media-market circus goes on. And when there was some useful information to be gleaned from it, the Wall Street “experts” elected to ignore it. Ignoring, after all is what they do best. Well, maybe second best. Lying comes first.

Let’s look at the history.

(Continued)

To discuss this, or any issues pertaining to the economy and the financial markets, visit our forums.

Bloomberg Elevates the Bozos

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, August 26, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Bloomberg did a hit piece on Roubini today by one Whitney Kisling. The article also praised Laszlo Birinyi for getting the 1990s right, and quoted one money manager as saying we should only listen to money managers, and not anal cysts. As if those money managers aren’t publicly talking their book, using the media as a marketing platform to help unload their losing positions.

Needless to say, I was incensed (what else is new?), so I sent Mr.-Ms.? Kisling the following pleasantries.

Mr. or Ms. Kisling-

Let me try and get this straight. You are knocking Roubini, who has consistently gotten things right and saved his clients billions, for missing this rally which has recovered about a third of the money lost since 2007, to Birinyi the stopped bullish clock?

(Continued)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good letter Doc...I have never seen Lazlo say "sell"...ever..... and my hunch is he is still under water from the first bubble on some stuff....I remember him chasing EMC at 100 and Glow worm at 300 pre split....They drag him and Elaine out every time there is a no down stoopid parabolic spike to toss out some bullsheet price target,,,,

Waiting For The Other Shoe – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, August 26, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market continued to go nowhere as it tried to chew through major resistance. Upside price projections have mostly been met. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

in re: GG

ok, your jickiss has not opined about the Gold Miners Shares lately....Why Bother? you know that da Boyz now own Long all the shares of the Gold Miners. Da Sheeple Pub-lick has been pushed out, that is, all but the few and the brave.

BEDROCK (tanks, Fred!) jickiss analysis calls for GG to trade at .3333 the POG.

Gold is now finally getting ready to move over the one thousand level, where it will be traded From Here to Eternity. Sure, you all laugh at your jickiss. Laugh on.

the following chart of GG shows the key final resistance line. Above this line, we be headed to $150. For starters. The other day on the Motley Cruel, they did a big piece on AUY Yamana. Other Gold Miners were referenced. The point was that Yearnings are weak, and that AUY Yamama lost money on certain currency hedges. Where are the easy gains in Gold? Where are the Wind fall profits in Gold?? was the theme of the article. The article was quite intelligent, but it missed the KEY IDEA.

What, jicki, do you mean, you may ask?

Easy, the Gold Miners will trade as Asset Plays soon enough.

Meanwhile, da Boys have fought the good fight, and they now own all the Miners shares. They have fought like Vicks, and the paradox is that all them that did bad will win Big.

your jickiss wonders if any here are still long any Gold Miners?

acres of diamonds only for da Boyz?

anyway, get ready to buy the GG Breakout. your could even buy in advance of the Breakout, but you will have to Fight your own double minded Fears to buy now.....The Chart this and the Chart that, yada yada.

Fight like a dog, on to Vic Tore RE!

Doc, are the Iggles still for SALE?

GG is still ON SALE!

regards to all!

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1251323561_thumb.png

Happen to be in front of the television this afternoon. Cramer encouraging some profit taking.

he's been doing that for a few days so he can say he said sell but ends up telling cramericans to buy everything during his carefully screened loonie round....He's still biting the heads off of rubber bears and jamming his face into whip cream with a hard hat on wearing his Home Depot apron...he recoed Dollar Tree at a 10 year high today....he's covering his ass so he can have it both ways....I hate that foulker.

Archived