B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 16-18

9/11 Commission Finds Ties Between al-Qaeda and Iran

Senior U.S. officials have told TIME that the 9/11 Commission's report will cite evidence suggesting that the 9/11 hijackers had previously passed through Iran

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,...,664967,00.html

Next week's much anticipated final report by a bipartisan commission on the origins of the 9/11 attacks will contain new evidence of contacts between al-Qaeda and Iran?just weeks after the Administration has come under fire for overstating its claims of contacts between al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

Like a slow motion train wreck.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems rather incredible to me that the Bush administration would go out of its way to publicly announce that the US is making preparations to cancel the presidential election in case of a terror attack, unless such announcement was actually a signal to Al Qaeda indicating to them when the Bush administration desired the next attack to take place, for maximal political effect. Are these announcements really just ?trial balloons? to see how much the public will allow them to get away with, as some have wondered, or are they communicating a tactical message to our so-called enemies?

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/jul2004/corr-j16.shtml

<snip>

Except for outrage confined to the left blogosphere, I haven?t seen much notice of this in the establishment media? I avoid the tube-news like the plague it is, so I rely on others with sterner mental firewalls to tip me to uproar in that arena & I haven?t been made aware of any widespread negative reaction yet.

To me, it seems like a typical trial balloon- testing to see the reaction to yet another abrogation of voting rights- a probe to assess what tools will be most effective in throwing the election result. At the moment, what concerns me more is the already well tested device of intimidating mostly minority voters (hmmm, who might they likely be voting for?). Visualize this: a heavy/ highly visible police presence near polling places- and because ?9/11 changed everything?, when the terror alert goes fuchsia Oct 31, the NG can be mobilized to ?protect our sacred right to vote?, flashing assault weapons, helicopters swooping, snipers on rooftops, busses of troops at the ready to quell any innsurgent activities? it?ll be like Chicago ?68.

BTW, there?s a petition on the web appealing for oversight and observation of 2004 Presidential Election:

"[?] With the reported problems in Florida in 2000 and with the emergence of electronic voting, we, the undersigned, request that Jimmy Carter & the Carter Center observe and provide oversight of voting on Election Day 2004 to insure a fair, honest and true election. [?]" (4723 Total Signatures) Ain't this fun?

re: the Chalmers Johnson article about the 7 carrier groups in a threatening stance off Taiwan - is Shrubco trying to saber-rattle the Chinese into revaluing the yuan before the election? Is that even conceivable? Man they could spin a weaker dollar vs Asian currencies all sorts of ways. Bush is, after all, a jobs president.

re: the Chalmers Johnson article about the 7 carrier groups in a threatening stance off Taiwan - is Shrubco trying to saber-rattle the Chinese into revaluing the yuan before the election? Is that even conceivable? Man they could spin a weaker dollar vs Asian currencies all sorts of ways. Bush is, after all, a jobs president.

I definitely think that the bushman is crazy enough to try to strong arm China. I doubt that it would make much of an impression on them.

Avenue A ( http://www.avenuea.com ) is not spyware. It is a very big, legitimate advertising agency that subcontracts ads to Tribalfusion. The problem is not the adserver, it is some firewall software. There is no question that some firewalls prevent access to the site. I will try to see what, if anything, can be done about that.

That being said, there IS a new problem with the mysql database that drives the board, or the board itself,and I am having it looked into. It may take a few days, I certainly hope not more. This is very frustrating to everybody, and I apologize for the outages.

I will keep you posted, and I appreciate your patience.

Many tanks!

Brian, a while back you told me I would be happy with my SMH puts.....

all I can say is,  :grin:

Thanks.

It was your trade Drano. It is good of ya to say thanks but, what happens when things don't work out. It was YOUR trade. Congrats buddy. :)

Have a safe four days, I will see ya all Wedensday.

This is not a solistiation. Whould it not be better, for those of you who believe this, to get a broker, for the time being, you can CALL?

With futures and margin accounts, I made sure there is someone I could call. In fact the Waddahose office is almost walking distance away from my usual office.

However I have a retirement plan account from a company in the vanguard of something which repeatedly has its web site go down in down markets. Now they will hit me with a big fee or time consuming paperwork to transfer it to another borker.

One thing I am worried about, the next really big down move may come with no internet service and possibly no open US markets. Will the markets then reopen and we can take our short profits - or will everyone's money be locked up like in the bank holiday of 1932?

Avenue A ( http://www.avenuea.com ) is not spyware. It is a very big, legitimate advertising agency that subcontracts ads to Tribalfusion. The problem is not the adserver, it is some firewall software. There is no question that some firewalls prevent access to the site. I will try to see what, if anything, can be done about that.

That being said, there IS a new problem with the mysql database that drives the board, or the board itself,and I am having it looked into. It may take a few days, I certainly hope not more. This is very frustrating to everybody, and I apologize for the outages.

I will keep you posted, and I appreciate your patience.

Many tanks!

Doc, there is a little message that often appears at the lower left of my screen, just

above the one that shows all the things that are open,

and it says its trying to open something called tribalfusion. The delay is sporadic,

but 20 minutes at the worst.

Hope you can solve this. I got in ok today when it seems others didnt.

Weird!

Tribalfusion is the ad agency which serves most of our ads. I will contact them to see if they are aware of any issues. The current slowdowns are unrelated to the adserver. They are mysql issues related to the message board itself.

Brian, the address of this forum is public. I have a link to it in the let column menu. Only registered users can get in.

Archived