Doug Noland Returns

bullstool :lol: @ Girlebull

Bears are solitary animals and have thick hides

They don't herd like sheep :lol:

all this talk about ivan gee wiz :lol:

Alan newmen @crosscurrents also talks about the pinksheet

underthewater stuff :lol:

life's a gamble no locks.only sure thing is every thing gets sold in the end :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

girlebulls ?bearman!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to put this in a most overlooked area as LOB.

Doc,

You have become the P.T. Barnum of Hurst Guru's. (you get what you pay for)

Tanks for the last few months insults and prior to that the last 2 years of memories. I have learned. That is all!

Tanks for the kind P.M.'s stoolies.

Caveat emptor

No matter HOW you calculate fair value-NazQuack-needs stretchers and bandages-it is so OVER-the nic me was down 120 rallied to down 8 (read central planning-PUMP) and then croaked and is currently heading for the dumpster-the Spoo's are below fair value teetering under the Anvil which is suspended by dental floss- GROWL-Trade Safe!

I told him about one poster who posted that he/she was not sad to see him go. He told me about a time he helped this poster with a trading approach and then he quoted Mark Twain's line about how "you help a dog, he's your friend for life, you help a human and he's your enemy for life."

I guess that's a reference to me...

Just to set the record straight, Piledriver didn't help me with an approach. I never ask people for help with trading although comments are fine. We were in fact discussing methods of other traders on the board. Ok?

I've got nothing against Piles personally. I loved him when he was a bear....

The End,

If you were more honest you would admit you have had issues for a long time,your irratic behavior over the past 3 or 4 months suggests you need help,your finding solace in the dark and depressed lyrics of various deceased musicians suggest not all is right in your universe,the need to blame someone else for your own problems speaks volumes ,this is a bear market and the bear is doing what it is supposed to do...destroy people.

Since nostoolie contacted me about an address to mail the vanity plates to. I am going into my back yard now and setting them a blaze. That should be fun.

Not goodbye, GOOD RIDDANCE!

I don't get it TE. I've seen nothing so far that should have you ticked so "off". Take a break and you'll feel better. The last few months I've missed the upside, but that is not losing money for me. when it rolls over (if it does), then I'll put some more money in the short side.

Someone wrote earlier asking why short selling is allowed. Except for certain ETFs, Shortselling can only occur when price rises (uptick). Since a ready buyer meets a ready (short)-seller, the buyer gets a lower price (more sellers, more competition- lowest price). On the other hand, when market falls, the short seller 'buys to cover" providing liquidity again helping the seller by stepping in to buy. ON the unfavorable side, sellers are happy when short squeezes happen, that is, when a shortseller faces rising instead of falling prices, and usually step aside to let the price popup to sell at a premium to the covering short-seller that is forced to buy. To the holder of the long stock, they are happy again.

In each case, shortselling helps both the buyer and seller when it goes the 'right' way for the short seller, and the risk is to the shortseller alone when price rises.

At least that is the way I understand it.

I told him about one poster who posted that he/she was not sad to see him go.  He told me about a time he helped this poster with a trading approach and then he quoted Mark Twain's line about how "you help a dog, he's your friend for life, you help a human and he's your enemy for life."  

I guess that's a reference to me...

Just to set the record straight, Piledriver didn't help me with an approach. I never ask people for help with trading although comments are fine. We were in fact discussing methods of other traders on the board. Ok?

I've got nothing against Piles personally. I loved him when he was a bear....

. . . and he loved you when you were a dog.

Tower. That should not be happening. You should be able to avoid the stuff you don't want. Maybe one of the techies here on the board can come to your rescue.  What browser are you using?

IE 6.0.2800. Win XP Pro. Compaq (OH - that's the problem right there! :wink2: )

Edit: I found something here under WinXP. I'm trying it and we'll see how that goes. http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5739-757536,00.html

Archived