Winning The Hearts and Minds?of the Wildebeest?

"Honey, get Ditech on the phone again." :lol:

Property taxes rising nationwide

the local tax assessor is dipping deeper into homeowners' pockets as real estate prices rise and states share less of their tax revenue with local governments.

The city's rising property taxes are squeezing retirees Diane and Donald Brockman, who have lived in the same house for over 40 years. Now, the retirees estimate it takes them two full months of their fixed income to pay their property taxes.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close: Speaking to a positive bias that has swept the market over the past month, stocks finished with slight gains today despite a softer than expected November employment report... A strong November ISM Services Index (61.3 versus expectations of 58.5), a fourth consecutive drop in the price of crude oil (to $42.54/bbl), and an encouraging mid-quarter update from Intel (INTC 24.03 +1.32) all helped keep the indices above the unchanged mark...

The world's largest semiconductor company raised its Q4 (Dec) revenues outlook to $9.3-9.5 bln from $8.6-9.2 bln and spoke to higher than average seasonal patterns in its quarter... This lit a fire under the semiconductor sector, and translated into gains for most of the tech group... Buying interest across the rest of the market, however, was rather tepid owing in part to the overhang of the jobs data... November nonfarm payrolls rose 112K and fell short of the consensus expectation of 200K...Hourly earnings also checked in at 0.1% (consensus of 0.3%) and the average work week was 33.7 hours (consensus of 33.8 hours)...

=========================

Ags:

A most incisive and erudite opening. Many tanks!

Sorry to pout the drivel above on the same thread, but I've been remiss posting the daily "Barfing.com Adjective Laden Nonsense Bullshit Which Could Be Written By A Sixth-Grader".

"Honey, get Ditech on the phone again."  :lol:

the local tax assessor is dipping deeper into homeowners' pockets as real estate prices rise and states share less of their tax revenue with local governments.

The city's rising property taxes are squeezing retirees Diane and Donald Brockman, who have lived in the same house for over 40 years. Now, the retirees estimate it takes them two full months of their fixed income to pay their property taxes.

What they need is a proposition 13 like Kali has instituted. Roll back those RE taxes to when you bought the house and then cap the rate rise. State welfare for those who bought first! Let the newcomers pay the taxes. Here in Kali you could be paying 4 or 5 times the taxes of your neighbor for the same services!

Bung

Good tirade, AGgie.

Took my mind back 25 years, to atmospherics of'New York'(Lou Reed) and

'Rust never Sleeps'. Precisely why, who knows. :huh:

"Stick a fork in 'em, he's done." :o

"Welfare mothers/make better lovers" B)

and still, 'tops/take/time'. ;)

I find that post personally funny. One time, while living in Toronto, Neil was playing Maple Leaf Gardens and my visiting friend wanted to see if we could scalp tickets to the show...so downtown we went. As it turns out some chicks from a rock station saw us and gave us two free tickets. Now, I was not the most fervent Neil Young fan, in fact, every person who could play acoustic guitar at my college was doing 'Needle and the damage done' ad nauseum-but let me tell you-the show was absolutely amazing. Rust Never Sleeps is still one of my personal favs and I for some reason always got a kick from 'Welfare Mothers'. We should start a Stooleville radio station. Lots of rock heads here!

"Honey, get Ditech on the phone again."? :lol:

What they need is a proposition 13 like Kali has instituted. Roll back those RE taxes to when you bought the house and then cap the rate rise. State welfare for those who bought first! Let the newcomers pay the taxes. Here in Kali you could be paying 4 or 5 times the taxes of your neighbor for the same services!

Bung

What services do you get there in return for your property taxes?

Bung

What services do you get there in return for your property taxes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

really.

"services".....Another perversion of the language, brought to you by the matrix propaganda-machine.

ps; Francisco: that URL is trying to log-in to my Yahoo mailbox. :blink: ???

I just got in from a long day as I wrote the opening at 1 am last night...many thanks to everyone here for the kind comments and I am glad I can add something to Doc's site....

I will do my best to fill in for Mark next week as I think my schedule will allow it....what to write about is the question.

Today I just layed it on the line as to what I see are "my" differences with the herds view on the markets. I deal with this "issue" every frickin holiday and the amazing thing is the relatives never ask...how have "you" done ? All I get is you are an idiot....I never get asked....how do you stand compared to 2000 or 1999....never. Whats your wifes IRA compared to 2000....

All I get is "who cares about anything but tomorrow"...well I guess I do care...about the next decade...my kids future..the country I loved...whats happening to our markets...what it is likely to unfold....

Funny thing is I know they got their ass kicked when I avoided a lot of sheet...sure I made mistakes but they were not even remotely in the same ball park as what happened to them yet I get branded a fool...that lack of respect though shoudn't hurt tears my heart in two every year..

I think thats what hurts people who think critically and "get whats going on" and to those who post here from a bearish bent and I can empathize completely....to those who make money off this that know what they are dealing with, all the more power to you...I admire you even more for having the discipline and courage to stay with this without fear....

I suspect most if not all posters here understand the environment they are dealing in completely and without emotion....as for me, I won't play that game twice....I'll wait for the break and short...I think most here will know when that happens and that its for "real" also but it may take a couple of failed rally's...

Lastly, after this Thanksgiving's asswhoopin from a relative, I have decided to never ever give my opinon to others unless I am compensated for it.

Anywhow....

I just got back from practice after working all day and we got a kick ass 6th grade hoops team...I got a kid who may be playing on ESPN in 6 years also...best thing about it is they want to learn and are great kids. As bad as we were last year ( and actually I loved coaching those kids ) ,we got 19 games and I'd be suprised we lose one and it's a highly competitive league with some real shetheads for coaches that smoked us last year. I'll let you guys and gals know our record as we go but I love teaching kids. ( I was a teacher from 1981 to 1984 as I have 2 1/2 degrees with one being education. Then I got into the finance...eeeeek!).

I gotta see if I can dig up my "Night Before Christmas" spoof of Leeson for next week for one of the days as it still applies, "unfortunately for bears"....

Thanks to everyone again...have a good weekend and I'll see if I can come up with a worthy topic for Monday...

Ag

Thank you for the wonderful opening AG!!

I was counting on a disappointment from INTEL and a weak jobs report. Oh well, at least I got half of what I wanted.

I'll be looking for FEED's sell-off to begin next week. I know that FEED has it right and am heavily relying on his prognosis. I have postioned myself self appropriately.

No pressure though, FEED:)

I didn't know Feed was in charge of the Sell-off big or small- <_<

Butterfield, will do...Maureen has written some good stuff...I'll check it out..

As for holidays, It's a real sore spot for me...this year I'm headed to Ohio for 4 days and dread it.

My inlaws borker has totally screwed my wifes parents out of greed for "His" own money under mamagement as they are now stuck with two houses with two mortgages near Columbus yet they have a sheetload of money to pay off all debt....Columbus is a ghost town...Lucent gone...Dow Chemical...gone..and in Newark..Kaiser....a flickering flame of what it was....

Worst part is they are so far to right ( almost Hari Krishna like ) they have no left hand....I ain't looking forward to it and am depressed cause my moms getting up in age and feel I should be with her after my dad just passed...but, in my wifes defense, her 31 year old sister is one year post cancer and she's gonna be there so I can understand. That one scares me even more and I love my wife too much to battle on that issue...

Odd thing is my wife and I are like peas in pod in our beliefs politcally and lean directly down the center. If her parents knew who she voted for they'd sheet....

Shes a social worker who's seen the dark side beyond what I'll ever know as she used to work for DCFS in Illinois. The stories she told me after work were horrid. Lot's of visits to the projects changes ones views on the world.

Ag

Archived