Winning The Hearts and Minds?of the Wildebeest?

I always ask people to do their own research otherwise I may not be here or have time to post any changes that might happen. Sell off may happen it might be small. Look what happened today drop wasn?t sufficient let?s see what kind of drop Monday will bring.

Here is what I am looking at; it may change so keep your eye on it.

Thank you for the wonderful opening AG!!

I was counting on a disappointment from INTEL and a weak jobs report. Oh well, at least I got half of what I wanted.

I continue to feel, without a shred of doubt that, apart from the occasional sell-offs that separate money from weak hands, that bonds remain in a secular bull market. I do not think that the bond bull will end until after the next recession.

I'll be looking for FEED's sell-off to begin next week. I know that FEED has it right and am heavily relying on his prognosis. I have postioned myself self appropriately.

No pressure though, FEED:)

post-331-1102111760.gif

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a quote from Steve Todd of Todd Maket Forecast:

"We will also show a very interesting chart of the 150 day moving average of the CBOE put call ratio. As you know, contrary opinion says that people tend to get bearish at market bottoms and right now this indicator says that traders are the most negative since late 1994 just before the start of a massive upmove. Our advice? Don?t short this

market".

Would someone please explain to me what this guy is seeing that I cannot?

Guest bullseatshitndie

"We will also show a very interesting chart of the 150 day moving average of the CBOE put call ratio. As you know, contrary opinion says that people tend to get bearish at market bottoms and right now this indicator says that traders are the most negative since late 1994 just before the start of a massive upmove. Our advice? Don?t short this

market".

this guy is a PERMABULL and spins everything to the bullish bent. he's as bad as barfing.cum

if my memory is correct, this guy was calling a bottom every other day during the big bear move down.

http://www.decisionpoint.com/TAC/TODD.html

market".

Interesting. I hadn't looked at it that way ever. It's not entirely crazy. The 30 week (approx 150 day) moving average of the Put/Call Ratio is very high. I can't see the data points for 1994, but I can imagine where they were. I would like to see other extreme readings from longer back to see how well this indicator works, but I don't have the data.

post-1762-1102113795.png

market".

Same as what Mr market timer Tim Ord was claiming yesterday...

"Well, a friend of mine called Tim Ord's hotline right before the close.

Ord predicted that the S & P and the Nasdaq would gap up to new 2-year highs within days

Tim Ord is ordsome!! :)

4th best market timer on the broad market and No 1 on the gold market"...

IMHO Market gurus get too much respect. Doing your own DD has for the most part lost its appeal.

re; put/call ratio.

actually, this makes some sense, doesn't it? not that it's bullish, but that it -is- higher than we might think....

TE pointed out the other night that the commercials have gone heavily short the Spoos.....and one presumes they'd take the same position on many individual issues....

does this make sense?

Archived