Stranger Than Fiction, Part 1

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I'm tired of hearing that the market will do X because Y says it will do the opposite. That stuff never works. Besides, all the indicators have been pressed to the limit for months and hothead bulls like Cramer over the top, but no crash.

We'll get it in time, but who can say when. I hope Fleck is right (by end of year), not Doc (follow Japan's pattern). I don't see why we can't follow gold's pattern instead of Japan, which would allow hitting lows much sooner.

that was real helpful......jk! got burned on that ASIA fwiw or future reference.....Im with Jerry and done with these things as well. Think I might just write covered calls on AMZN,YHOO,EBAY,MSFT instead and go long miners with premiums each month...I can adjust how deep in the money I sell per how much I think we go down each month....

Yahoo! board is full of hothead pumping stocks.  I checked a few threads on China highfliers.  Nothing has changed.

Hot air from bears doesn't help, either.  What's the difference between them saying "sky is the limit" and us saying "LOB, a major crash is coming"?  Gimme a break...

Music to my ears :lol:

"Hot air from bears doesn't help, either. What's the difference between them saying "sky is the limit" and us saying "LOB, a major crash is coming"? Gimme a break..."

Your complacency at this stage :lol:

And your tone sounds like a complacent perma bear to me, absolutely no fear of a market meltup. Plus, mostly you are just talking to yourself. Enough said.

Is that a negative divergence?

No new high in indices

The high needs to hold in order to be valid (lift indices). However, indices cannot move far without volume agreement = shorting a rising gruff-o-meter s/b for clips only (and vice versa) for longs.

post-3-1059059823_thumb.jpg

Pull up a monthly chart on HUI and draw a line accross the high of 1997 and you'll see what's happening right now. We just broke out BIG TIME! Cup and a Handle !!

Anyone who's short the golds right now is going to get destroyed.

Bond is getting croaked. Dollar heading south again and the metal just broke out of its downtrend channel. You'll hear people start talking about the golds soon.

heres yesterdays chart on hui. Whats it at now? Everyone should remember that EBAY reports earnings after the bell and may cause a nice gap up in the morning. Im hoping gold will be down some so I can add more.....hope I dont end up buying higher!

post-3-1059059879_thumb.gif

Now that the initial claims number has confirmed that we have a strong economic recovery, likely growing GDP at 5% or higher, why shouldn't everything move higher?

If the economy is recovering, the companies that grow at fast rates in strong economies should move up the fastest. The leaders of the new bull market will, this time, be the same old leaders. Profits are unnecessary as they can lead to paying taxes. Debt is good as it provides a tax deduction. Greenspan put prevents any possibility of a downside, so the risk/reward is quite favorable here for speculative buying. Any problems with the economy, debt, capacity or employment can be solved by adjusting them away with hedonics, seasonality and one-time charges.

To me, Nasdaq is doing what it did in mid May and staging a turnaround. SOX making 52-wk highs, many stocks still breaking out. Volume on up days exceeded volume on down days. We are at worst a trading range.

Now that I stated my opinion, I stress I am NOT "PUMPING" here (unlike someone here is always rationalizing the bear case). Just try to make $ and avoid the PAIN.

Archived