Stranger Than Fiction, Part 1

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me or did bearmonkey basically promise to smother savers basically forever? Looks like the spread trade of the century is going to be in place once treasuries stabilize. 10-year at 4.2%, overnight at 1% = loads of free money for banks.

Greenspan......................

A brother who would smother your mother.....................And make your sister think he loves her......................

Guest bullseatshitndie

need es to fail the 994 area as it's 200per ma on the 90min, otherwise, bears may have a retest of highs in store

July claims data each year is affected by auto plant shutdowns

Could be the auto firms are utilizing more capacity atm due to the upcoming Sept contract expiration with the UAW

there was brief mention on crapvision of the plant shutdowns but no numbers associated with it. Why do we only see Elaine Chao when there are bad numbers that need to be explained away? (rhetorical question of course).

What is the number without seasonal adjustments?

UNADJUSTED DATA

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 423,972 in the week ending July 19, a decrease of 128,072 from the previous week. There were 394,586 initial claims in the comparable week in 2002.

The advance unadjusted insured unemployment rate was 2.9 percent during the week ending July 12, unchanged from the prior week. The advance unadjusted number for persons claiming UI benefits in state programs totaled 3,720,738, an increase of 106,457 from the preceding week. A year earlier, the rate was 2.8 percent and the volume was 3,589,337.

Guest bullseatshitndie

Temporary Open Market Operations 07/24/2003

Maturity Date 08/21/2003

Delivery Date 07/24/2003

The Desk has entered the market announcing: 28-day RP

Temporary Operations Statistics

Treasury

Collateral

Operation Agency

Collateral

Operation Mortgage-Backed

Collateral

Operation

Weighted Average Rate

.980 1.041 1.050

Stop Out Rate (Lowest Rate Accepted) .980 1.030 1.050

Highest Rate Submitted .980 1.050 1.050

Lowest Rate Submitted .920 .980 .980

Total Propostions Submitted (In $Bil.) 23.500 23.500 14.150

Total Propositions Accepted (In $Bil.) 1.710 .262 .028

Total Money Value of Operation (In $Bil.) 2

I don't know who saw this last night on MTM, but it looks like a good time to call in the "Penis Fly Trap". B)

'Fly boy' continues to suffer as doctors struggle

By Indo-Asian News Service

Kolkata, June 24 (IANS) A 13-year-old boy whose bizarre ailment has a fly-like insect emerging out of him is far from being cured as doctors struggle to detect the source of the parasite.

The fully-grown flies, as doctors described the parasites, have been emerging out of Chandan Goswami's genitals and flying off for more than two weeks now.

Chandan, now receiving treatment at a state-run hospital in West Bengal's Burdwan district, is said to be suffering from a condition called myiasis, a disease seen mostly in Central and Latin America.

In myiasis, the larvae of a type of fly invade a human or animal body, dead or alive. The deposited eggs can then enter the body through pores, the mucous membrane or even the mouth. The hatched larvae then emerge out the host's skin and pupate.

However, in Chandan's case, whole flies complete with wings are emerging out of his body and flying off.

"This is very, very rare. We are trying to find out how the fly entered the boy's body," says Sudhansu Pan, the surgeon attending Chandan.

Doctors carried out a cystoscopy to clear the boy's urinary tract, but the treatment has failed because two more flies emerged out of his penis on Monday.

Doctors admitted they have not been able to identify where the parasite deposit lay inside Chandan's body.

Health authorities have formed a medical board of seven doctors to treat Chandan. Doctors were also "coordinating" with physicians abroad who have experience in dealing with myiasis.

In myiasis, the maggots usually are found underneath the skin and are removed by minor surgery. But whole flies emerging out of a human body is rare, doctors said.

Chandan told doctors he first felt pain in his abdomen almost a month ago. And then he saw the flies intermittently coming out of his penis.

He told his parents, but they didn't initially believe him. Earlier this month, they saw the strange occurrence and took their son to Burdwan hospital, where doctors too were stunned to see the rare case.

Am flat and waiting to short. Anyone sweating the timing as I am should come pony up the price of one of BARE's mint juleps for a week of Stooltrading- Doc's got this puppy covered.

Right on Greg. Doc has had this puppy covered for a very long time. I don't get paid by Doc for promoting him and my comments are unsolicited. In fact earlier this week I ponied up my money and subscribed to Stootrading. The only reason I didn't before was:

1. I was not daytrading

2. I wanted to test how good my intra-day cycle work was progressing.

My work is progressing but intra-day it's not up to Doc's standard.

Doc has steered a steady course all the way from the March lows to now. Do I wish Doc would tell us when to go dong? Sure but I'm not holding my breath for that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He does tell us when it is dangerous to be short. If we remember that and read what Doc is actually writing and not what we want to hear we can avoid a lot of pain.

If one goes through the old Anals, which are archived, the truth about what Doc has been saying will be revealed. Unlilke many analcysts Doc doesn't delete his old calls.

I took a quick peak last night so that I could give you an example.

Blastoff 3/17/03

The market spoke. We have no choice but to listen. A few weeks back Doc showed you the propensity of unwinding bubbles to launch monster rallies 36 to 39 months from the bubbles peak. It happened to the US stock market in 1932, the Japanese market in 1993, the gold market in 1983. After 3 years of constant declines short positions build to gargantuan proportions. The pressure cooker blows, and a massive short squeeze develops, historically lasting two to three months. Perhaps the best model for our market today is the Nukeiu of the 1990's. It staged a 23.6% fiber nacho reflux of the entire bear market from the 1989 top. The SPX is somewhat less volatile, and may move less. The Nas is another story however. Given the extraordinary level of short interest in the Nasgap 100, huge put positions and short fucutures, a squeeze of mammoth proportions may be under way. If the Nas does a 23.6% retracement, Nas 2000 here we come. DrStool

From last night:

Intraday Wednesday 7/23/03 (Follow Doc intraday, Stooltrading, subscribe here )

4:00 The market took off in the late afternoon and held on to its gains until the close, indicating there's still some life in the 5 and 8 day cycle up phases. The 8 day cycle up phase could end at any time over the next 3 days. SPX cmaps are 996 on the 5 day cycle and 998 to 1005 on the 8 day. On the QQQ the targets are and 31.80-32 for the 8 day cycle.

A 1 day cycle high was due at 3:00 today and while from a purely cyclical standpoint, it happened, prices went sideways thereafter, suggesting another upleg that will carry to the cmaps listed above. A five hour cycle low is due anywhere from the open until 10:30, and a 1 day cycle low is due around 12:00. Look for prices to make their assault on the 5-8 day cmaps from mid PM on. Then we'll see. DrStool

Finally did anyone else go through withdrawals when Capitalstool was down yesterday? Imagine if this place was no longer here. :shocked

Don't be stoolpid or a freeloader join Doc's premium services.

Archived