B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, July 6

The rate on the 1 year Treasury has dropped 37 bps in a week. That's a bit absurd. Is it a reviersal, or just a violent bear market reaction to the previous increase of 140 bps?

I think yields go sideways to down for a few weeks. (long term bonds).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TE,

I would like someone like you to look after my money, you have integrity and your "peeps" welfare at heart...very rare in this day and age.

Kudos to you.

Infact I am, seriously considering getting someone to manage my money...someone with a bearish perspective of course..lol

Or I might just put it all into Gold and Silver and leave it in the bottom drawer.

Tanks BB. I appreciate you stating that. I live for my peeps. They feed my family and I work hard for them. Find someone who is open minded to the point that they are willing to tell you that the market could go down BEFORE you ask his opinion. Only then will you have found someone who can help you.

You Sir, are smarter then the average broker, as most here are. Not all ,but most.

B4,

My son visited Canada in 02 with his school,he was billoted with a family for 2 weeks,incredibly warm and generous people,I was understandably very nervous(he was only 12 years old) but these people were just brilliant,they went to such incredible lengths to make his stay as exciting as possible,he had a ball,lovely ,lovely family.

Prince/ When you were mine lyrics. Great song stoolies.

When you were mine

I gave you all of my money

Time after time

You done me wrong

It was just like a dream

You let all my friends come over and meet

And you were so strange

You didn?t have the decency to change the sheets

Oh girl, when you were mine

I used to let you wear all my clothes

You were so fine (so fine)

Maybe that?s the reason

That it hurt me so

I know (I know)

That you?re going with another guy

I don?t care (don?t care)

Cuz I love u, baby, that?s no lie

I love you more than I did

When you were mine

When you were mine

You were kinda sorta my best friend

So I was blind (so blind)

I let you fool around

I never cared (didn?t care)

I never was the kind to make a fuss

When he was there

Sleeping inbetween the two of us

I know (I know)

Cuz I love you, baby, that?s no lie

When you were mine

When you were mine

U were all I ever wanted to do

Now I spend my time

Following him whenever he?s with you

I know (I know)

Cuz I love you, baby, that?s no lie

When you were mine

When you were mine, yeah, oh no

Love you, baby

Love you, baby

When you were mine

Hey guys, checking in from da South Pacific and I must say the past 3 t.days have been revealing in so much is it may be a wave C down and not the start of something else. But "hope" is what I may be seeing so carefull here... carefull.. as wave III may be in progress...or about to start after the 50% retracement.

we'll c

For those who don't poke around much at Asia Times, their roving reporter Pepe Escobar has been on a trek around the US for awhile filing reports and observations..... man-on-the-street stuff mixed with politics, polls and statistics.

Some innerestin readin with some stoolish tendancies.......

The latest two........

July 7

The American Dream

(mucking about on Route 66)

A cool car, wide-open spaces and a road that goes on forever: that's the quintessential American experience, the preeminent American symbol of freedom. Great conversations, a sense of adventure, the constant zooming in and out of the naturally majestic to the wonderfully tacky: this is the way to feel real America's pulse - certainly much more fulfilling than listening to think-tanks, those institutions where a handful of ideologues pose as "thinkers" and, through corporate donations, acquire the kind of respectability that allows corporate media to quote them as somewhat knowledgeable about something.

July 1

The House Always Wins

(mucking about in Vegas)

Dan the Fat Cat, never a man to spurn a first-growth Bordeaux at a four-digit price at the Renoir restaurant in the Mirage, is nevertheless worried: "Last year we had to borrow something like $540 billion from Europe, Japan and China. We became a debtor nation in the late 1980s. Now our debt abroad is something like $3 trillion. It will be double before 2010. Some people say that when the dollar hits new lows, Americans will buy less and less imports. That's bull. The way I see it, we are indebted to the house. And the house one day will come to collect. The house is now a bunch of countries. They hold our debt paper, they collect interest on our Treasury bonds and private bank loans. We may be a very wealthy nation, but we can't keep spending what we don't have and borrowing money forever. One of these days America will lose control of its destiny."

Archived article links at the bottom of the pages.........

Aussiebear,

Hello, or I guess G'day.

You said: ...large digital readout.... You'd think with an ageing population a manufacturer would have seen an opportunity...

Yep! Couldn't agree more. Where is Casio or Timex when you need them?

B.S.

Guest Icky Twerp

Opened a bank account at Wells Fargo today:

Big signs in the Lobby advertising "Smart Loans".

"What could that mean," I wondered. . .

The smaller print said 3.75% interest and "interest only, OR, pay more to reduce your principle more!"

"reduce your principle MORE" :o

Then when the "clerk" was filling out our paperwork, she asked if we wanted credit cards "No annual fee!"

"No" we said, spurning any more additional credit.

"How much balance do you carry?" she asked sympathetically, totally misreading our reluctance.

"None." and her jaw literally dropped, "None?!?!?"

Archived