Year End Review

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hay!

In all the holiday excrement I lost track...what became of the Venezuelan oil problema? Anybody puhleeze?

crude oil futures up 2% (about 61 cents) on the news of a drop in US inventories caused by a dramatic decline in Venezuelan exports.

see:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitl...hONARTrQ3J1ZGUg

and:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitl...hHtBBVJVmVuZXp1

and:

http://pub38.ezboard.com/fdownstreamventur...icID=5380.topic

the situation with regard to Venezuela is full of uncertainty. Nothing is or has been resolved, both sides are just digging in the heals deeper and deeper.

This story deserves a lot more attention that it is getting.

oops! :blink: I forgot to mention Iraq :D

Any thoughts on why BEGBX was down 1.6% on Tuesday close? That's a big move for BEGBX. By comparison, other in'tl funds (GMIBX, ESICX, OIBAX, FTIIX, MPIFX, PGBIX) were flat to up.

Best wishes to all in the Year of the Golden Ram.

What planet is Larry Kudlow from?

You can't answer Uranus.

Flipping thru the channels I see some Crapvision show talking about next year.

Kudlow says with a straight face, the Fed needs to add more liquidity.

The government says otherwise.

M3 numbers in billions - (not seasonally adjusted) or Actual.

Nov. 2002 - 8475

Nov. 2001 - 7939

Nov. 2000 - 7016

Nov. 1997 - 5408

Nov. 1992 - 4235

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/H6/...ist/h6hist1.txt

How wonderful it must be to think the government can just print all the money it

wants, and all the problems will go away.

Too bad Alan Greenspan thinks the same thing.

It is facinating that a 'strike' which is causing the the collapse of a democracy and effecting our oil supplies and impacting the economy, has to my knowlege not been mentioned once in the conservative press as something that is bad or even questionable. The same people who normally have a knee jerk reflex to the very word union not to mention strike love this one, for all the wrong reasons. So it goes.

It is however a good blueprint of how elections might be overturned here, if it comes to that.

What planet is Larry Kudlow from?

You can't answer Uranus.

Flipping thru the channels I see some Crapvision show talking about next year.

Kudlow says with a straight face, the Fed needs to add more liquidity.

The government says otherwise.

M3 numbers in billions - (not seasonally adjusted) or Actual.

Nov. 2002 - 8475

Nov. 2001 - 7939

Nov. 2000 - 7016

Nov. 1997 - 5408

Nov. 1992 - 4235

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/H6/...ist/h6hist1.txt

How wonderful it must be to think the government can just print all the money it

wants, and all the problems will go away.

Too bad Alan Greenspan thinks the same thing.

It's been said a million times here but Kudlow and his ilk never cease to amaze. I've lowered myself finally to catching a few minuets of his show from time to time to try to come to grips with the conventional wisdom.

The alternate realities we perceive could not be more different. The thing is if we are both half right his world is destroyed and we a vindicated, in my view anyway.

Guest AssMaster

Just like any addict, at first the drug of choice gives pleasurable feelings - but at some point you need more and more to get the same high, then just to stay where you are, and then it makes your life unmanagable, then tends to destroy the person using it.

Larry should know better than anyone about the dangers since credit is the monetary equiavalent of cocaine - with which he is all too familiar.

Larry is still an addict.

Guest BEARDRECH

Stoolies

most soldiers, espescially those in front line operations ,are, and i dont intend this pejoratively,altruistic suicides waiting to happen--remeber 85 % of an army is involved in logistics--burocrats in uniform--this not intended to demean; its a fact of life--so what, you ask, has this got ot do with all the eggs in china???

The front liners along with their accepted fate of having a high degree of probability in having the contiguity of their flesh interrupted by amazingly high-velocity projectiles must have,in order to continue their semi-suicidal role , a high degree of faith and respect for their ladership;if they dont then the leadership become leadershit--and in that eventuality

their fidelity to said leaders diminishes; and they,the soldaten,become targets for very intensive psychological barrages,intensifying their the diminishing capacity to fight--

my hope is that this principle ,along with poll statistics, indicating %80 of iraq's population wanting a regime change, will bless us with a very very short war---it all depends on the sunnis willing to work with the suffis in the south--but even as we speak, the virulent political disease,Democracy,the infirmity from which every despot seeks escape, is spreading rapidly throughout the middle east--that is why i believe a reresentative from a consortium of arab states, most of whom are despotically ruled, was recently sent to saadaam, asking him to abdicate,not so much because these sonsabitches want peace,but rather the cancerous fear of rising masses in their hellhles getting up and destabilizing their own centers of heavy racketeering

beardreck :P

p.s. we are not the only grade a homogenized assholes in the world :grin: :grin:

WOW! Many Tanks to all who sent their tokens of support to Mark today. I take it Mark has not been around today, and he does not know about this. He is in for one very pleasant surprise!

To those of you who contributed, sincere thanks. I will forward the funds and your messages to him immediately!

In case you missed it here is the link.

Say Thanks to Mark!

Iiiiiiiiit's that time again...

Stoolie SHORTFOLIO

I'll be posting a new one on LOB tomorrow - its a juicy one this time. Avg PE of portfolio is a screaming 80 and none of the picks have any earnings/divs and have ravaged balance sheets.

Yeah these stocks will do well or survive 2003 - like a snowball's chance in hell they will!

It's been a long patient wait since October but its going to be well worth it. BTW, the VectorVest shorting strategy I use to build it has mushroomed from 26 to 48 picks just in the last three days. It was as low as 7 on Nov 29.

This is a tell. A very big tell.

Archived