Market Nails The Targets

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after gold closes over 700 it'll top 1,000 in one week

limit up 75 per day

589728[/snapback]

Well not quite that fast but as I have been pounding the table, gold WILL be 1000+ by the end of the year. It better be cause I have put almost all my chips on that. Oh and 100+ on oil and a spike in NG by then also.

589740[/snapback]

What? No coal?

589741[/snapback]

Ok, ok coal too. I think you have FDG which I am going to start going into and JRCC looks like a good spec (James River).

15 pages in Stoolville can only mean one thing.  Bullish.

589742[/snapback]

Well it may not be bullish but I am loving to see this much activity. Just like the good old days, and the tear in my eye IS sincere. I really enjoyed all those pages in by gone times. :(

15 pages in Stoolville can only mean one thing. Bullish.

if the majority of the posts were 'bearish' I would tend to agree,but I think at best its 50/50 bulls/bears.

Infact its probably more bullish than bearish,which considering this is supposed to be a bear site is pretty unusual.

I can't find anyone who doesn' think we are about to rally higher??

There's a new financial radio show in northern california. Sunday mornings @ 11am, 910 AM. I have not listened to the entire show, but the last two weeks in his opening the advisor has been railing against "old school" financial advice:

- paying off your mortgage

- paying off your mortgage early

- not touching your equity

Instead he advocates using his "new school" techniques

- cashing out all equity and using it for investment

- do not pay mortgage off early

- use extra money to create a slush fund for investing

Today he mentioned a book called "The Last Chance Millionaire". The book is basically a blueprint for a boomer hitting a home run to be able to "retire" properly. It pretty much outlines the plan the radio show host advocates.

Today he briefly mentioned a client who is 23 years old, has a $540,000 mortgage, and is only paying $500 a month based on his advice. She is saving the other $500 and investing. The host claimed that at the end of 30 years she'll have close to an extra $700k. The problem he didn't talk about is that she'll still owe alot of money to the bank.

I will try to record next week's show for entertainment value.

589719[/snapback]

KNEW is one of those "right of Atilla the Hun" type of AM radio stations. The show you mention is hosted by Moe (Moeez) Ansari, an Iranian now based in, you guessed it, Orange County, CA---home of the (perceived) Eternal Free Lunch. He is a graduate magna cum laude of the Money For Nothing Chicks For Free School of Business. He majored in Ponzi Finance with a minor in Confidence Games.

The book he mentions can be boiled down to the following, "Please God (or Allah), grant me one last Weimar Bubble before Armageddon." Both extreme Christians and Islamists believe in fiery end-times, each in their own special way. Jews need not apply.

Here's a picture of Moe from his website with his hero.

That should tell you all you need to know about our friend Moe.

Guys like Moe have had a nice run during the Bush Crime Years. But the clock is running out. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

post-2169-1183953611_thumb.jpg

if the majority of the posts were 'bearish' I would tend to agree,but I think at best its 50/50 bulls/bears.

Infact its probably more bullish than bearish,which considering this is supposed to be a bear site is pretty unusual.

589748[/snapback]

Half of the posts were pictures of warehouses in the desert. Hard to know how exactly to categorize those.

Do not despair bris as there still is a good chance we top in Aug. and have a nasty fall into Oct.

589748[/snapback]

Half of the posts were pictures of warehouses in the desert. Hard to know how exactly to categorize those.

589750[/snapback]

Uh, that goes under "Declining Spenglarian Carnival of Collosalism." :D

Currencies going up, shpanking the yen. The trajectory has that sweet parabolic feel to it. Still some room to run on the upside. Euro-Yen cleared a key area recently.

Political pressure on the BlOwJob ends at the end of the month, when the elections are over. You know the deal.

If you're bullish, I would definitely be cautious at about that time.

589748[/snapback]

589750[/snapback]

File them under "Fin d'epoque."

Later, they can be cross-referenced to, "Totalement Vide."

Am I reading this right?

Windy,Shorty Jickiss,BP are wildly bullish gold? or gold stocks?

Doc,Leewhee,Goldmember are luke warm,even bearish gold , or gold stocks?

589723[/snapback]

Appears so. How could you not be bullish. Not on everything though. But look at SA, why oh why did I not see this 3 months ago, it doubles in the last 6 months. If you look there are a lot of PM stocks that from the first of the year have great looking trend lines. I still insist that 2 weeks ago was the mother of all buying ops in the PMs. :P

589739[/snapback]

I rarely make straight up bullish or bearish calls. I simply point out inflection points and show where the key levels are b/w bull and bear.

The only two macro bear calls I've made in the past 18 months were last Apr/May and in Feb of this year.

In terms of the gold schlocks, I merely suggest that the major gold fraudexes have not broken out, nor broken down. That has been the case for over a year. We've had 10 prior 10%+ rallies in the XAU over the past 18 months. The current one is the 11th. None so far have resulted in a breakout. Is this the magic one? Who knows.

The folks who are betting on a breakout are guessing. Maybe they'll be correct. Maybe they'll be incorrect, as they've been the prior 10 times.

I've posted exactly where the bullish line in the sand is located. If we get above it, then the breakout will be confirmed.

Anyone who interprets what I have written as bearish is merely talking their book.

Nymph you hit the nail on the head. These scam /con artists aren t going public because they want to share their wealth with Joesixpack. These clowns made their fortunes taking public companies private, selling off assets, lining their own pockets, and then foisting the debt laden companies back on the widow and orphan funds. Now they are making there grand exit gettin out at the top. You think the Blackstone IPO moving up was an accident?

The only difference beteen these LBOs and those in the 80, s is that there are no longer any pension funds to raid. Pick up the book "America : What went wrong"

Great read that sums things up.

Still bearish mr Rusty.....trade safe

589726[/snapback]

The other big difference b/w today and the 1980s or even the 1990s is that these LBO artistes are now getting paid upfront.

In the olden days, the dealmakers didn't make the big bucks until the companies were taken public again or sold to another party.

Today, the dealmakers are receiving huge fees coincident with the actual LBO. So they are made whole and then some and don't have to wait years to get paid off. Any gains they receive if/when the companies go public again is gravy.

So these deals are, in essence, risk-free for the deal-makers.

Under those circumstances, wouldn't you do as many deals as possible before the gravy train pulls away from the station?

Do not despair bris as there still is a good chance we top in Aug. and have a nasty fall into Oct.

I aint despairing,I just think the old indicators are obsolete.

In the old days we would get wildly bearish at the first hint of a drop,not so these days.

In fact I am so wary of a drop in the market, that it will be impossible for me to play the short side ever again... :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

As I said earlier,this forum is more bullish these days than bearish in tone.

So maybe 15 pages indicates that we may go down.. <_< <_<

Archived