IDS World Markets Fri 20th February 09

How bout a little Nattie..... Nattie Light that is...

Natural gas contracts closed the session at $3.99 each. Natural gas closed the prior session at $4.06 per contract. Before this session, 2002 was the last time natural gas contracts traded for less than $4 each.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Natural gas contracts closed the session at $3.99 each. Natural gas closed the prior session at $4.06 per contract. Before this session, 2002 was the last time natural gas contracts traded for less than $4 each.

Why does my gas bill keep going up?

Some one is reaming me!

By the way, about the euro I FORGOT to mention: Poland will organize a summit with countries from CEE region+Baross+PM from Czech. It will be held at lat day of february or at the 1st of March, before the main EU event. The issue about debt, currency swings, and especially "supporting CEE region by ECB and old EU" will be the main topic.

Looks like everything is going back to 2002 prices....

Housing...

Natty....

Earl (?).....

Scholk market....

I assume so too. But one never knows how far irrational exuberance can go...

I've never gotten the whole "gold has intrinsic value" argument. About the only thing that has "intrinsic value" for humans is FOOD. Gold is totally unnecessary for anything except other unnecessary things, like electronics. So gold has value for the same reason anything else does: people assign some random "demand" value to it. The dollar has value for the exact same reason -- so does a Pete Rose rookie card, or a plasma TV, or a Sponge Bob action figure. But in reality, NONE of them have "intrinsic value."

But, that said -- markets are never about reality, they are about perception (of, presumedly, reality). So it wouldn't surprise me to see gold run much higher. I'll probably add some on a pullback.

How about whiskey? :rolleyes:

94748.jpg&w=399&h=600&page=popup

Yeah, I realize it's been used as money for a long time. I'm just saying, it has no more real value than anything else.

Nevermind, it's something of an abstract argument -- more of a philosophical argument than anything. :huh:

It's just a pet peeve that it bugs me when people say it has "intrinsic value."

How much "intrinsic value." does a FRN have? :lol:

Archived