You wanted a stock, Here is a stock.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4:20 pm: Stocks got rocked Tuesday as a growing sense that Thursday's policy directive will not provide a sense of closure for the market with respect to the Fed's likely stopping point with its tightening weighed on sentiment.

With central bankers beginning their two-day meeting to discuss monetary policy, ongoing uncertainty surrounding what the Fed policy statement will imply about the need for more rate hikes continued to act as an overhang. Couple that underlying sense of nervousness with some dispiriting news on the corporate and mixed economic data and the bears again found some incentives to keep on selling.

Among the nine economic sectors posting losses, Technology turned in the biggest disappointment on a percentage basis and was the biggest drag on stocks due in large part to a 3.8% sell-off in semiconductor. Marvell Technology Group (MRVL 44.14 -7.76) announced a $600 mln purchase of Intel Corp.'s (INTC 18.05 -0.23) communications and application processor business, which underscores the robust end-market demand for smart devices/handsets. Be that as it may, shares plummeted 15% after management said the acquisition will initially be dilutive. Intel's inability to hold onto as much as a 2.3% gain early and eventually lose 1.3% also questioned the growth prospects of the struggling semiconductor space.

Despite the defensive characteristics that typically make Health Care stocks more attractive in a down market was also noteworthy. Aside from the AMEX Pharmaceutical Index slipping into the red for the year with a 1.4% decline, the sector was hit again with continued weakness from medical device makers (e.g. BMET -6.0%, SYK -3.1%, ZMH -4.9%) following the recent issuance of Justice Dept. subpoenas.

The absence of

This was found on a RE speculation board:

I purchased a home in south Tucson (Vail) through Chris Szabo and closed on it 1 month ago.  The market is flat and there is now competition and plenty of homes for sale in my neighborhood.  I had planned to flip this right away but I have had NO offers and very FEW lookers. I'm feeling seriously burned and need out!

Here are the numbers:

Payments (all inclusive): $2500/mo first payment due 7/1

Loans (100% financing): $299k

Lowest competitor on mkt priced at $298k and not sold.

If I COULD sell it at $299 I would lose the RE commissions and closing costs estimated to be about $14K.  Of course, the longer I hold it that $2500/mo starts to really add up.  I want to prevent getting even deeper into this. 

I need to either dump this asap and take a sickening loss or...? Should I contact the lender and tell them I can't make payments?  What would foreclosure/ short payoff/ deed in lieu do to my credit? Given the way the market is going(looks flat) is it worth it to try and lease option?  Can you think of any other options?

I acknowledge I have made a huge mistake so please no flames.  I know there are great minds on this board so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read the replies here!

Some of the suggestions are dubious to the point of being outright fraudulent. The two pages of replies are downright entertaining.

I purchased a home in south Tucson (Vail) through Chris Szabo and closed on it 1 month ago.  The market is flat and there is now competition and plenty of homes for sale in my neighborhood.  I had planned to flip this right away but I have had NO offers and very FEW lookers. I'm feeling seriously burned and need out!

Here are the numbers:

If I COULD sell it at $299 I would lose the RE commissions and closing costs estimated to be about $14K.  Of course, the longer I hold it that $2500/mo starts to really add up.  I want to prevent getting even deeper into this. 

I need to either dump this asap and take a sickening loss or...? Should I contact the lender and tell them I can't make payments?  What would foreclosure/ short payoff/ deed in lieu do to my credit? Given the way the market is going(looks flat) is it worth it to try and lease option?  Can you think of any other options?

I acknowledge I have made a huge mistake so please no flames.  I know there are great minds on this board so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read the replies here!

Some of the suggestions are dubious to the point of being outright fraudulent. The two pages of replies are downright entertaining.

Lord, can you imagine someone buying a home a month ago (in May) in AZ looking to flip it by July?

The rest of that chat board should chip in and buy the guy a newspaper subscription. Seems as if he hasn't been reading the news for the past 8 months.

He says he even contacted one of those "We Buy Ugly Houses!" outfits and they said they weren't interested. When the RE vultures take a pass, you know you're in trouble. The vulture companies only like carrion. If there's still a pulse, they won't bite. They wait until the stench is overwhelming. That's when they dig in.

Thanks TE, a rare setup nowdays. Everything mostly has the new famed "Now or Never" James Bond setup.

It's hard to be patient.

Tanking down the rest of the week would be nice.

I'm trying to keep an eye out for who has no clothes on when the tide goes out. Just reminding everyone to keep that eye out for dieing emporers!!

I havent been following the new inverse etfs. Have they had any volume yet? Do we really need a lot of liquidity with these things due to way they are set up??

I could be wrong, but the risk to reward is to the downside here.  Back kiss broken trendline.  I call this the kiss of death.

Monthlies look like crap as well. Seems it would be best to just wait towards the end of the year to go long. Hopefully they will get an inverse hui etf soon. At least I now have a few options though!

If the market does take off next week after tanking the rest of the week, I would guess we need the miners to tank down big over the next few days to rally back up afterwards....then watch them collapse afterwards.

Since the miners and went along with the rest of the market and my indicator had the top of the hui within a week or so, maybe it could be a good indicator with the rest of the market.

I purchased a home in south Tucson (Vail) through Chris Szabo and closed on it 1 month ago.? The market is flat and there is now competition and plenty of homes for sale in my neighborhood.? I had planned to flip this right away but I have had NO offers and very FEW lookers. I'm feeling seriously burned and need out!

Here are the numbers:

If I COULD sell it at $299 I would lose the RE commissions and closing costs estimated to be about $14K.? Of course, the longer I hold it that $2500/mo starts to really add up.? I want to prevent getting even deeper into this.?

I need to either dump this asap and take a sickening loss or...? Should I contact the lender and tell them I can't make payments?? What would foreclosure/ short payoff/ deed in lieu do to my credit? Given the way the market is going(looks flat) is it worth it to try and lease option?? Can you think of any other options?

I acknowledge I have made a huge mistake so please no flames.? I know there are great minds on this board so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read the replies here!

that was a great read, thanks!

here was my favorite:

My advice to you would be next time, consider the possible downside to your greed before you do something stupid like that again. Houses are places for people to live, not a commodity for clowns like to you flip like the burgers you will all be flipping shortly.

With that said, my participation in this ridiculous circle jerk is done forever.

Hope you all enjoy your debt slavery.

I purchased a home in south Tucson (Vail) through Chris Szabo and closed on it 1 month ago.? The market is flat and there is now competition and plenty of homes for sale in my neighborhood.? I had planned to flip this right away but I have had NO offers and very FEW lookers. I'm feeling seriously burned and need out!

Here are the numbers:

If I COULD sell it at $299 I would lose the RE commissions and closing costs estimated to be about $14K.? Of course, the longer I hold it that $2500/mo starts to really add up.? I want to prevent getting even deeper into this.?

I need to either dump this asap and take a sickening loss or...? Should I contact the lender and tell them I can't make payments?? What would foreclosure/ short payoff/ deed in lieu do to my credit? Given the way the market is going(looks flat) is it worth it to try and lease option?? Can you think of any other options?

I acknowledge I have made a huge mistake so please no flames.? I know there are great minds on this board so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Read the replies here!

that was a great read, thanks!

here was my favorite:

My advice to you would be next time, consider the possible downside to your greed before you do something stupid like that again. Houses are places for people to live, not a commodity for clowns like to you flip like the burgers you will all be flipping shortly.

With that said, my participation in this ridiculous circle jerk is done forever.

Hope you all enjoy your debt slavery.

And of course that poster got ripped on by the others for not looking for

a 'win/win', or some similar crap. <_<

Archived