The "anne Heche" Supermodel

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AssMaster

I was thinking that IBM's purchase of Rational Software was mainly to prevent Microsoft from doing the same thing - after it bought Visio. This would have put MS in the position of having not only all of the tools which I use for documentation, DB, etc, but all of the development tools - Visual Studio, Visio, Clearcase, etc. That would have made a very, very formidable development suite.

So if Rational had been for sale, I think MS would have bought it. Failing that, they decided to declare a dividend until they can find another target of opportunity.

I think if MSFT or IBM makes another big acquisition, it would be BEAS - it has a great product, a strategic position in a growing market, and IBM has been competing against it solely on price. MSFT could have it and it will become the core linking up all different kind of software within a corporate IT system. That's why I would avoid shorting BEAS - there is always a risk that MSFT or IBM could come in and pay a hefty, stupid premium.

I think we've got a lot of nervous shorts out there, and they may want to take tomorrow as an opp to cover.

I don't know -- I suspect there are going to be a lot who want to jump on the bear train now, not to mention angry shorts who have been stopped out once too often by the scam-meisters.

Remember the summer of 2001 when EBAY and MSFT got blown down AH, only to be gapped up the next morning?

Could happen again.

Mr. Hanky:

Globex futures are probably not real.

The Nasdaq afterhours site and Island Top 20 have really spotty quotes tonight. I think the heavy trading did somebody in. Probably have to wait till morning to get accurate numbers.

We'll see tonight what happens to Tokyo Electron (Nikkei's AMAT) tonight, Nanya, Samsung, and all the rest....

Amazing.

On Nightly Business Report Alan Sloan from Newsweek got on and was talking about how foreign investors are getting creamed with our low interest rate and foreign exchange problems; how the trillions of new debt has to come from somewhere; and if U.S. doesn't get its act together -- "ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee."

Just amazing. He's a secret Stoolie.

Well everyone is pretty excited tonight.

Personally I am a bit disappointed.

Still waiting for the big one to drop.

I don't know if anyone has seen the size of a

Great Dane's shit.

But I am waiting for a TURD of that size

to drop into the pool. Maybe GE?

IBM and MSFT were just the usual BS.

What was that comment about IBM mulling over

whether to use surplus cash to

pay a dividend. PULLEAZE!!!

How about paying down

some of the ballooning debt or properly funding

the pension plan.

Look at the company's balance sheet - what

a nightmare - when are these fraudsters going

to be exposed. When are people going to realise

that all these acquisitions won't be IBM's salvation.

How does IBM keep fooling the retail community.

A friend of mine is with a leading custodial service - he gave me the short holdings of one of the best hedge funds in the business. And they are all over IBM.

picking the exact top in price and/or time - doubtful. Get a grip on reality.

Sow your seeds slowly over time. I planted some Dec 3, Dec 6, Jan 13 & 14.

Now I kick back and watch the crop grow :lol:

Shed three donged whores today for decent profit from the January Monkey Effect rally.

BEAS 4%

ESRX 6%

QueerLgc 5%

Still holding CUB, VRNT, DISH.

Eye-balls deep in BEARX which outperformed RYAIX today.

Remember this, in bear markets tops are a "process", they unfold S-L-O-W-L-Y !

That's precisely why they take MOST people off guard (bulls & bears) - it sneaks up so slowly its imperceptible - this is by design. Are you being taken off guard?

I'm already noticing "Rush & fight" syndrome creeping in on the board and pop phobia. That further confirms my resolve to white-knuckle this all the way down to March lows for maximum profit, or whenever Maria throws up her hands and says "maybe we should all be shorting stocks", whichever comes first. :grin:

Psychology, psychology, psychology.

Someone asked if it will BOUNCE!!!!-Someone asked Why the FUTURES aren't DOWN more!!!!! FOLKS-Piles put it in letters two feet high. Wave 3 DOWN which is ONLY starting has already produced-THE POINT OF RECOGNITION-it is FAMOUS for. Any stock today that beat earnings was promptly taken out and SHOT-why you ask?? Because the HERD doesn't BELIEVE anymore-they are sick of getting creamed like US they now know it is all SMOKE and MIRRORS. NO- it won't bounce as i said last nite the sled ride to HELL has begun! Re-the FUTURES give it time-the way they are now both the DOW and NAZQUACK would have a large gap down open tomorrow but it's early wait till ASIA opens followed by EUROPE the morning will NOT be nice for DA BOYZ-bwhahahahaha! GOLD'S move today has already telegraphed what is about to happen to the markets over the next several weeks-the COMMERCIALS are ass deep short because they know the JIG IS UP but they are smart enough to fatten their wallets on the way down. Here is a story for you-Jim Grant-has just written a scathing expose of JPM which you can and MUST read at www.grantspub.com He compares JPM to ENRON and says their exposure to 29.3 Trillion dollars of derivatives is 94.7 BILLION which is 223% of their equity-he goes on to say JPM now has negative REVENUE OF 179 million. W'eve ALL WONDERED WHAT HAS BEEN HOLDING UP JPM-according to Grant not much-have a read. Remember "ACF" closed today at $3.70 and soon will be gone. Don't worry about a jam-when good news is SOLD it's OVER! Trade Safe! (yes I'm a 100% short and have been for 10 days-no I'm not selling)

Archived