Thank God It's Friday- Seriously

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernanke’s Dogs �" Professional Edition Fed Report

by Lee Adler, Friday, July 24, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit We have seen for years that when the Fed conducts Primary Dealer pumping operations�"let’s stop kidding ourselves by calling them “Open Market Operations”�"that the stock market rallies. I was beginning to wonder recently if that stimulus/response relationship still held as the Fed kept pumping but the stock market stalled. This week we got an answer. When the Fed pumps, eventually the market responds. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

But what if you are a banker; it is Friday; and you look outside to see bunches of black cars in your parking lot?

First of all, make sure there are no bars on your door and windows.

Secondly, make sure you have control of a bar of soap above waist level.

Finally, check to see if your bank is on the Too Big To Fail List (TBTFL). If so, those black cars are just parked there before they head out to another bank not on the TBTFL. Your supervisors are determining which bank that will be at this very moment.

This little nugget from Cape Town...

http://www.investmentpostcards.com/

With the second-quarter earnings season in the US in full swing, the expected year-on-year trend in S&P 500 earnings has improved from -35.7% to -35.2%. Big deal, you may think. And yet, investors have been propelling the stock market higher on being pleased with the earnings reports (albeit only beating low estimates). The Dow Jones Industrial Index yesterday breached 9,000 for the first time since January and the Nasdaq Composite Index notched up a 12th consecutive advancing day.

post-1110-1248472118.jpg

Thanks for the Fed report Doc. A lot of people are screeching about the "quarter trillion" being auctioned next week while giving little attention to the amount maturing. That makes me a lot less inclined to bet on a meltdown than I would be otherwise.

Let's see....where is Spitzer's credibility??? The sheeple will only remember his infidelity.... <_>

spitzer_staff.jpg

Most people don't even remember who he is. And people really don't care about that crap when it comes to TV talking heads. The content's the thing wherein we'll catch the conscience of the king.

market-rips-short-interest-plunges.html

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/07/mark...st-plunges.html

tarp money put to work

shrts gone back to cave

That's just another work of fiction from that website. Really disgraceful. They either do it deliberately, or they don't bother to check when someone hands them slop or spoof.

This is why I always want our posts to include the source of anything. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it helps to start with the source. In this case, an anonymous source sent a photoshopped screen capture to someone and they bought it without bothering to check the credibility of the numbers. Anybody with any experience with this data would recognize immediately that it was garbage.

Thanks for the Fed report Doc. A lot of people are screeching about the "quarter trillion" being auctioned next week while giving little attention to the amount maturing. That makes me a lot less inclined to bet on a meltdown than I would be otherwise.

I do think that the Treasury market is in real trouble. I should have added in the report that ultimately this will cause the PD's some real pain, leading to another mushroom cloud.

I'm not sure about Monday's TIPs auction telling us, but Tuesday's 2 year note should. If the Treasury market collapses, stocks will eventually follow. The key is "eventually". It could take months for the dynamics to take effect.

Archived